It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• how to use whey proteins and creatine

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
    hak23
    (male)

hak23 HB User
    how to use whey proteins and creatine

how to use whey proteins and creatine and in which quantity i should use the both when iam at earlier stage of bodybuilding

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2009, 05:45 PM   #2
    thedakotas
    (male)

thedakotas HB User
    Re: how to use whey proteins and creatine

Use creatine before you work out, just before. A 5mg dose is good.. which is the standard dose. Washing it down with some gatorade is good as sugar helps to get the creatine into your muscles quicker. Not too much sugar though... maybe 1/4 bottle.

As for the protein, have that immediately after your work out. Make your own shakes with some low fat low sugar WHEY protein. A lot of premade shakes have a lot of fat and sugar in them. Depending you your personal needs, 20-50 grams of protein per shake is good. Mix in some amino acids to your shake to if you can. Consume a lot of protein daily. I start with a shake in the morning too. Of course this is blind assuming that you are already in lean shape and you are looking just to build muscle. However, even if you are looking to lose weight, consuming protein after you work out is essential.

The normal rule is to consume 1 grams of protein per lean pound of body weight. So, if you are a 180lb man and you have a 10% body fat that means you have 162 pounds of lean body weight. So, you would consume 162 grams of lean protein per day. This isn't extra, it's total. So this includes protein from milk, lean means, cheese, your whey shakes etc.

Hope this helps!

Closed Thread