It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

Cool hand & feet in cool/cold weather

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-18-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
BAHAMAS
(male)

BAHAMAS HB User
Cool hand & feet in cool/cold weather

I thought that I would ask as I have tried many things to stop my hands & feet from getting cold in cooler weather.
Is there any particular vitamin or mineral that may help that ?

Thanks Craig

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2010, 06:29 PM   #2
sjb
Senior Veteran
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Cool hand & feet in cool/cold weather

Ummm Hello there Craig I have tried lots of vitamins and minerals and none of them made a whole lot of difference it seems to me. Wearing a higher fall boot in the house seems to help a little. A naturopath said once that if you take a shower in the evening until your body is warm and then put little footies in cold faucet water and then wring them out until nearly dry and then put on a dry pair of socks for the night. When you wake in a sweat and feet are warm then you take them off and put on dry socks for the night. I would see if that helps but it is definately not a cure because the feet get cold again. Oh yeah my grandmother claimed you could try cayenne pepper in a pail of water and put your feet in it but the truth is she said it so many years ago that I can't remember whether it was supposed to be cold water or warm water or fairly hot water. I only did it once and later on I could not remember for the life of me how I would get all that cayenne powder off me and I wasn't sure I wanted to put it all over a wash cloth or use a paper towel for it but if you try any of this let me know I want to know how it works for you. I would also like to know some of the other things you tried in the past that did not work. When going outside in winter those Kamik boots are much warmer than any other boot I tried but for some reason I get a rash with it particularly if I don't cover my legs really well with a thermal. I still use them anyway because the other boots just don't cut it for me. I have very sensitive skin anyway and get a rash easily, I suppose I might just be allergic to the material like I happen to be allergic to wool.

Last edited by sjb; 09-18-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Old 09-19-2010, 03:27 AM   #3
jenj770
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User
Re: Cool hand & feet in cool/cold weather

Hawthorne is supposed to help with circulation. You might give this supplement a try.

Closed Thread