It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Vitamins & Supplements Message Board

• Melatonin as related to muscle twitching

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2014, 06:19 PM   #1
    Joene23
    (male)

Joene23 HB User
    Melatonin as related to muscle twitching

I have been searching all over for definitive information related to this topic. (causes, reasoning) for twitching directly after taking melatonin. I generally take melatonin a few times a week or maybe not at all for long periods of time at a 3mg dose. I am 100% positive these twitches are a result of the melatonin they may happen as the effects come on while still fully alert but more often come after my eyes are closed and sleep comes on. They resemble hypnic jerks only they are not associated with a sort of panic response just simply an uncontrolled jerk usually in one of the limbs. They never wake me from sleep and I never experience them after waking and no longer under the influence of it. Furthermore not often but sporadically the same 3mg dose can cause disturbing confusing thoughts that are tolerable so long as i keep occupied and awake but can spiral and become very unsettling if trying to sleep. I believe they are related to the melatonin because these thoughts are markedly twisted and confusing as if intoxicated on a drug. I dont need advice per say I can stop these symptoms at any time by just not taking the melatonin im just curious as to why this occurs in me and i cant find any definitive information on the subject?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2014, 06:24 PM   #2
    Joene23
    (male)

Joene23 HB User
    Re: Melatonin as related to muscle twitching

And im a healthy 26 year old who does not suffer from any significant diagnosis of depression anxiety MS etc..

Closed Thread