It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board

• Im ALWAYS tired, NO energy, Had Gastric Bypass Surgery, NO dr`s will help me!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 06-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #1
    tiredbeffy
    (female)

tiredbeffy HB User
    Unhappy Im ALWAYS tired, NO energy, Had Gastric Bypass Surgery, NO dr`s will help me!

hi all, i`m new here, a 47 year old female, I had a gastric bypass 12/2006 and due to severe complications I had to have a revision 07/2007, at which time 95% of my actual stomach had to be removed due to bleeding ulcers. Since then ive been diagnost with hypersomnia( i can sleep for days!), A.D.D., fibromyalgia,ect. Im also diabetic and asthmatic. I had a hysterectomy in 2004 as well. I basically live life in a recliner, I go NOWHERE or do NOTHING. Ive been telling all my doctors for years i have NO energy at all! They do nothing to help. Everything I read points to iron deficiency. I was JUST told Im B12 deficient so ill get a shot ONCE a month now(whhoohoo!) and my vitamin D is a "9". I`ve been craving kalamata olives which ive always hated olives. Ive been eating them daily. I just read they are high in iron and had eaten them everyday for at least a week before my last blood work was done. My ferritin was a 16ng/mL on that lab test. I begged for the ferritin test to be done and after 6-7 years and finally finding a hemotologist to take my insurance I finally got it. But she told me im NOT iron deficient because my hemoglobin was fine. `Im ALWAYS exhausted, I sweat like mad if I do ANYTHING, I get out of breath and dizzy, I lost 7 teeth in the last 6-8 months( I had beautiful teeth before this),I had a very bad skin rash on my face around my mouth nose and chin,(it finally cleared up after a 2 week stay in the hospital last November , i get weird floating eye movements, lost a TON of hair, am usually running to the bathroom very soon after I eat-food goes right through me most of the time-, and a few other issues im sure ,I just can never concentrate long enough to think of everything all at once. I cant keep living in a chair while life passes me by and my son grows older! Any advice? Do you think I could be iron deficient? Im so ready to give up since no matter which doctor I ask or beg never helps and just tells me everythings ok. Its been 7-8 YEARS! WHY wont they listen or help me?? Its NOT ok!

The following user gives a hug of support to tiredbeffy:
    daisymae55 (07-14-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply