It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board

• gastric balloon abroad?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-09-2010, 05:46 AM   #1
    abdehar
    (female)

abdehar HB User
    Question gastric balloon abroad?

has anyone had balloon done abroad? some clinic in warsaw-poland gave me a very good price. still haven't decided...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #2
    resolution09
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User
    Re: gastric balloon abroad?

How much weight do you need to lose? Have you lost weight before and gained it back?

I'd be interested in what you think about this procedure. It's appealing and I can see where it might be just the ticket for someone who has not had a life long issue with being overweight. If you've developed say a 40 pound middle age spread and want some ease to getting it off. But from the research I've done, these balloons will burst and then you will be right back where you were, possibly worse depending on what happens to the balloon material.

They are telling me the new material has a good life cycle and will last up to 18 months. Are you hearing differently? Longer?

This also might be a great first step for someone who needs to lose 50 or more before they could safely have a more permanent bariatric surgery. But I don't know of anyone who has had this done. Only a couple of folks who are looking into it.

Old 11-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #3
    abdehar
    (female)

abdehar HB User

Thanks for the info. I am 35 and want to lose around 3st. My aunt had it for 6months a year ago and she's happy. she paid around 5000pounds. I don't have that much. The Clinic in Poland offers one for 2000 only...

Old 11-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
    resolution09
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

resolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB Userresolution09 HB User

How much has she lost in that 6 months?

You know, it seems like such a logical solution if the balloons last. Did they tell her how long they expect them to remain inflated? The place I read up on said they install 2 balloons and expect that one will burst/deflate around 18 months. At that point, the dieting begins again. Of course, it's still easier since you have the one but it's still got a limited lifespan.

Closed Thread