It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board

• Obese and hating it

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
    Beth125
    (female)

Beth125 HB User
    Angry Obese and hating it

I have been trying everything to get my family on board to let me do some kind of weight loss surgery and every time they always shoot me down. What should I do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
    kit13
    (female)

kit13 HB User
    Re: Obese and hating it

I'm sorry to hear that are not feeling you are getting the support you need over your weight.It sounds like it's making you feel unhappy.
    Weight loss surgery,is never a 'quick fix' answer,but if you've tried different weight loss programmes and feel nothing has worked for you,then it could be an option.Especially if it's impacting on your general health.
    You mentioned your family aren't in agreement.As an adult it surely is your decision to have surgery.
    Perhaps they are worried about the safety of surgery or don't think you need it?or is it the cost?
    Whatever their reasons try and talk with your family again,and hope they see your 'point of view'.

Old 03-08-2014, 05:32 AM   #3
    jgilliam1955
    (male)

jgilliam1955 HB User
    Re: Obese and hating it

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Beth125 View Post
    I have been trying everything to get my family on board to let me do some kind of weight loss surgery and every time they always shoot me down. What should I do.
    Family are concerned and do not understand it. This is normal. Go get it done for you. You have to live your life. I had the gastric sleeve done almost 3 years ago. It will change your life. Once they see the results they will come around.

Closed Thread