It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss / Surgical Message Board

• Lap band surgery and personality changes

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-28-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
    Alfee
    (female)

Alfee HB User
    Lap band surgery and personality changes

Hi,
    My daughter who is almost 50, had lap band surgery about 2 years ago. I have really seen a change in her personality. She seems extremely secretive and very touchie with her almost grown children and husband. I've heard that she gets extremely angry. has thrown up often after not sticking to her diet and has started drinking. I enjoyed reading Shari's explanation about her surgery because although my daughter doesn't have as many challenges as she does, but many of the experiences are still the same.and she wouldn't recommend it--the surgery/ My daughter stated that because she was on diabetes medication, it caused her to eat constantly. Before surgery, she was almost 300 pounds and according to her doctor, that lap band surgery was her only alternative for living. She is no longer on high blood pressure nor diabetic meds, and is down to about 180 pounds, but the personality change is not good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2016, 05:01 PM   #2
    vegasac
    (male)

vegasac HB User
    Re: Lap band surgery and personality changes

Before and after my weight loss surgery, therapy was a requirment. I had a DS surgery so it was a lot more extreme in nature but with any major weight loss, there is going to be personality changes, some of them not for the best. I went into major depression, became suicidal, deal with severe alcoholism, the list goes on and on, that was even with a team of doctors, a full network of support and all the help in the world. It's not an easy transition, your life changes in what seems like overnight. I would definitely recommend therapy because the changes you are seeing are only on the surface, what's going on behind the scenes could be much worse. Best of luck!

Reply Reply