It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Any success losing weight on bipolar medication?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-26-2015, 11:01 PM   #1
    vanitypurplrain
    (female)

vanitypurplrain HB User
    Any success losing weight on bipolar medication?

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has had success losing weight on bipolar medication...If so what did you do to lose weight...how often did you work out? What was your diet? Do you have any other advice? I am currently on risperidone and Depakote and have gained 95 lbs. I have made healthy changes to my diet and eat 1,200 calories per day. I also drink 7 cups of green tea daily and take garcinigia cambogia and green bean coffee extract. I do walking and am purchasing an elliptical trainer to increase my cardio. I am also planning on doing weight training and pilates. I am just nervous that I will still not be able to lose weight despite what I do and am hoping to receive information to the contrary. Any information or advice on this issue would be appreciated. Thank you for any replies!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2015, 07:01 AM   #2
    Eduard61156
    (male)

Eduard61156 HB User
    Re: Any success losing weight on bipolar medication?

Well, seems you are doing a lot already - respect. But one question: how long have you been doing all this? Just keep doing it for 3 months at least. If nothing has changed than, come back. You will not see any results after one week. And: if your body doesn't change positively under medication maybe it would have changed in a negative way if you would not have done anthing... and if you gain weight - how much more weight would you have gained without doing sports and healthy eating?

Old 08-27-2015, 05:13 PM   #3
    vanitypurplrain
    (female)

vanitypurplrain HB User
    Re: Any success losing weight on bipolar medication?

Hi, thank you for your post. I have been walking since winter time but I have only made dietary changes within the last two weeks. I have lost some weight but have read some comments on other boards that it is very hard to lose weight on these medicines whereas others have said they have been able to do so. I will definitely keep at this lifestyle change and see what my results are.

Closed Thread