It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• No matter what I do, I can't lose weight. Any tips?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-22-2015, 11:36 AM   #1
    lizllea
    (female)

lizllea HB User
    No matter what I do, I can't lose weight. Any tips?

I'm an endomorph. I'm also a pear shaped. I currently weigh 174. I'm 5'6". My goal is to get to 135 by April 7, 2016. I've always been thick but whenever I dieted and exercise I have been doing, I was always able to lose weight quickly. About 3 years ago I got to this weight and have been unable to lose weight. I have tried low carb dieting, going to the gym (I bulked up from weight training and my weight climbed to 185 lbs, so I left the gym). Due to desperation I had a liposuction around my abdomen and flanks. It was a botched surgery and nearly died from blood loss. This happened in May. I don't want to undergo anymore surgeries and would just like to do it the 'right way'.

First and foremost, I drink 67 oz of water daily. I take a multivitamin, potassium and fish oil. I've been a vegetarian since I was 4. For the past 5 months I have been walking between 5-6 miles daily. About two months ago I started dancing between 39-44 minutes, 6 times a week. According to the Pacer app, I burn 400-444 calories daily. No weight loss. About two weeks ago I began writing and measuring my calorie intake. I eat every 3 hours and each meal is 240-260 calories, 6 times a day.If Pacers is correct, I net about 950-1000 calories. I've also cut out breads and sweets. Two weeks later I am still stuck at 174.

I've already been tested my thyroid. I actually have subclinical HYPERthyroidism so I should be losing weight. My levels are almost normal that the doctor did not prescribe meds. I was tested for PCOS about 8 years ago and my hormones were normal. Additionally, I have no kids so it's not due to pregnancy.

Please help! I'd appreciate any input as I'm desperate. Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2015, 11:23 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: No matter what I do, I can't lose weight. Any tips?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lizllea View Post
    I have tried low carb dieting....
    That may be part of the problem. You need carbs but they must be unprocessed/unrefined.

Quote:
    I've been a vegetarian since I was 4.
    That's a hopeful sign but lots of things can go wrong with a vegetarian diet. Do you eat eggs and dairy?

Quote:
    For the past 5 months I have been walking between 5-6 miles daily. About two months ago I started dancing between 39-44 minutes, 6 times a week. According to the Pacer app, I burn 400-444 calories daily. No weight loss. About two weeks ago I began writing and measuring my calorie intake. I eat every 3 hours and each meal is 240-260 calories, 6 times a day.If Pacers is correct, I net about 950-1000 calories. I've also cut out breads and sweets. Two weeks later I am still stuck at 174.
    You seem to be doing a lot of things right, so it's too bad you're not getting any results. Would you be willing to try veganism? The less animal protein you eat, the more fiber you will get in your diet. Fiber from natural whole foods is very important. You should get at least 25 to 30 grams of fiber per day. No fiber supplements, just fiber from natural whole foods.

Note: Without animal protein, you would need to supplement daily with a small amount of B12.

Try veganism for just one month and see what happens. Let us know how it goes. I'm a vegan, so if you have any questions let me know.

Last edited by JohnR41; 12-21-2015 at 11:27 AM.

Old 12-23-2015, 01:33 PM   #3
    Lindy 613
    (female)

Lindy 613 HB User

You are amazing!! I don't know how you do it! I try to walk 30 min 3 days a week. Maybe that is why I am not losing. I am 5'4" and 161 lbs. I want to lose 20 lbs by April. I hate Tofu!!

Old 04-04-2016, 07:34 PM   #4
    Marv555
    (female)

Marv555 HB User

Try High Intensity Interval Training. If you are on an exercise bike or treadmill, go 10 minutes at medium pace, 2 minutes at fastest you can go and then 10 minutes medium, etc. The 2 minutes of intensity gets your metabolism out of a rut and is the latest recommendation by health gurus. Just going at medium pace dies not ask enough of your body. People have cut their exercise times in half by doing this. Also, five or more times during the day do some stairs and arm rotations for quick bursts that gets your metabolism moving ...anything that gets you pumping oxygen in and out. A change of pace like aquacize can be a refreshing lift to a regular routine.

Closed Thread