It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• On the right Path?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-02-2016, 07:52 PM   #1
    Zenzilicious
    (male)

Zenzilicious HB User
    On the right Path?

Hey guys! New forum member here with some questions... Some general info about me first~

I am 5'8 and 210lbs (M). I have gained 50 lbs in the last 3 years. It's about time for some change!

How I'm handling my meals:
    Bfast: 1 egg or 1 apple and 1 glass of oj (Approx 200 cals)
    Lunch: One salad w/ or without chicken and fat free dressing approx.: 200-500 cals)
    Snack: carrots or green beans (35-90 cals)
    Dinner: Varied- portion controlled, but something I love to eat (around 500 cals)

I have tried to diet and exercise before and I learned why I failed:
    I wanted to diet to lose weight, not change my lifestyle.
    I eat most of my calories after work.
    I keep putting off the gym saying "I'll just go tomorrow..." and stop going.
    I do not like running outside for exercise, I need to go to the gym.
    I will not go to a gym that is out of my way.

I have joined a gym, I have been going for a week. I have gone every single day, sometimes twice. Always after work, sometimes before. I feel like I have more energy than I ever have before!

I would like anyone's opinion on my weight loss plan. I have heard mixed feelings about people saying I shouldn't go to the gym everyday, but I am so scared that I will relapse and stop going.

Thank you!
    ~Zenzi

Last edited by Zenzilicious; 02-02-2016 at 07:54 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-03-2016, 01:33 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: On the right Path?

According to my calculations, you would need about 3,150 calories per day to maintain your current weight, that's with moderate exercise. And your weight-loss plan calls for calories between 1,000 and 1,300 per day, with more than moderate exercise.

To me it seems a bit extreme, as if you will be starving yourself. How will you be able to survive and build muscle on such a low calorie diet? Is this a new lifestyle? A starvation lifestyle?

Old 02-05-2016, 09:56 AM   #3
    shadow45
    (female)

shadow45 HB User
    Re: On the right Path?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zenzilicious View Post
    Hey guys! New forum member here with some questions... Some general info about me first~

I am 5'8 and 210lbs (M). I have gained 50 lbs in the last 3 years. It's about time for some change!

How I'm handling my meals:
    Bfast: 1 egg or 1 apple and 1 glass of oj (Approx 200 cals)
    Lunch: One salad w/ or without chicken and fat free dressing approx.: 200-500 cals)
    Snack: carrots or green beans (35-90 cals)
    Dinner: Varied- portion controlled, but something I love to eat (around 500 cals)

I have tried to diet and exercise before and I learned why I failed:
    I wanted to diet to lose weight, not change my lifestyle.
    I eat most of my calories after work.
    I keep putting off the gym saying "I'll just go tomorrow..." and stop going.
    I do not like running outside for exercise, I need to go to the gym.
    I will not go to a gym that is out of my way.

I have joined a gym, I have been going for a week. I have gone every single day, sometimes twice. Always after work, sometimes before. I feel like I have more energy than I ever have before!

I would like anyone's opinion on my weight loss plan. I have heard mixed feelings about people saying I shouldn't go to the gym everyday, but I am so scared that I will relapse and stop going.

Thank you!
    ~Zenzi

Consult with your healthcare provider before you begin any weight loss diet or exercise program!!

I would cut out anything with sugars in any form for at least one week. Try a low carb diet. Most of the ones you can find on google will insist a at least 2 cups of leafy greens per day. You won't feel as hungry as you might with your diet above as the proteins will help you feel fuller longer. Low carb diets have been around for a long time with proven results. Read the labels of the "low fat" salad dressing as most take out the oils and add sugar!

As for exercise, have you tried bodyweight exercising. These don't require a gym and are usually short, but intense, duration which should save you time. But if you want to go to the gym everyday, by all means go but be care not to do too much.

Last edited by shadow45; 02-05-2016 at 09:57 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    diet, overweight, weight loss