It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• How to stay motivated in my weight loss program?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-09-2016, 03:07 AM   #1
    karth
    (male)

karth HB User
    How to stay motivated in my weight loss program?

I have been constantly trying to reduce weight for about 3 years now. I start on strict regimen and follow it happily for sometime in the beginning. But few months down the line, as I donít see enough results in the regimen, I become lethargic and donít follow it as I used to earlier.

Can you tell me few tips to stay motivated and also to keep track of my weight loss?

TIA.

The following user gives a hug of support to karth:
    movielover40 (05-27-2016)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-09-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: How to stay motivated in my weight loss program?

Most weight loss goals start out easy, as you are losing the water weight, but get harder and harder as the weight stops coming off so fast.
    I think one day to stay motivated is to switch up your activity which goes along with counting calories. If you are working out with weights, start running or using the stepper...if you like to dance, join a dance class! If you prefer sports, start doing something on a team where you practice regularly. Even martial arts or soccer burn calories.
    When the weight loss plateas, you need to burn more calories than you are taking in. Look for ways to increase your activity and have fun doing it!

Old 05-27-2016, 03:41 AM   #3
    kumar93
    (male)

kumar93 HB User

At first, weight loss is quick. Then it becomes more difficult as the initial water loss dries out. Then it is slow but it is important to stick to your diet plans and increase your workouts and start burning more energy. When you continue this your weight loss will also gradually increase as stored fat in your body continues to burn away. Then your metabolism starts to be more stabilized and your weight loss is regular.

Old 05-27-2016, 01:25 PM   #4
    movielover40
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

movielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB Usermovielover40 HB User

You need a long term sensible plan.

Weight loss is best when it is gradual w/o starving or fad diets.

Maintain at least 1000 calories a day. Drink plenty of water. Exercise more and try not to eat before bedtime.

Reward yourself now and again so your not deprived of forbidden foods.

Best of luck to you.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:00 PM   #5
    greg300
    (male)

greg300 HB User

It can be hard to stay motivated, but there are groups out there that offer support. I'm part of one that's helped me out and so far I've lost just over 120lbs. You just have to think long and hard about why you want to lose weight and stick with it. My reason was my son. My son was worth me not giving up. It's ok to fail a little bit, but as long as you keep going you will eventually reach your goal.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karth View Post
    I have been constantly trying to reduce weight for about 3 years now. I start on strict regimen and follow it happily for sometime in the beginning. But few months down the line, as I donít see enough results in the regimen, I become lethargic and donít follow it as I used to earlier.

Can you tell me few tips to stay motivated and also to keep track of my weight loss?

TIA.

Old 11-25-2016, 05:48 AM   #6
    yassiir
    (male)

yassiir HB User

Here's the only thing that keeps me motivated : Keeping myself around fit people
    This may sound weird, but I spend a long time watching fitness models online
    Just try to watch videos, after some time you will be automatically motivated to reach their fitness level.

Don't starve yourself, go on a slight caloric deficit and try to stay healthy. Don't forget cardio, even walking can be beneficial. GOOD LUCK

Last edited by mod85; 11-25-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Old 12-10-2016, 09:32 AM   #7
    Sonicnewboy
    (male)

Sonicnewboy HB User

Its been really hard with my current job because of how many hours I work, so I have the same issue. But what helps me is similar to what an above poster said. I look at models all the time on Instagram, and that motivates me to exercise and eat well because I want to look good too.

Closed Thread

Tags
    weight loss