It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Can someone lose weight by just walking around somewhere.

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
    gal3323
    (female)

gal3323 HB User
    Can someone lose weight by just walking around somewhere.

I want to be more thin. I think most girls want to be more thin ya. I was wondering can I just lose some weight by walking around somewhere. Can someone give me some advice on this. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-29-2017, 03:55 AM   #2
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
    Re: Can someone lose weight by just walking around somewhere.

In order to lose weight, you have to eat less and burn more calories...in other words burn more than you eat.

Walking is a safe, low impact way to exercise and is recommended for everyone; however, just walking is not going to increase your metabolism to burn calories and lose weight unless you are walking for 10 hours a day! For me, walking at a quick pace on a treadmill for 45 minutes, will only burn about 200 calories, the equivalent of two slices of bread....

But, if you can jog or run or mix it up, you can turn that same 45 minute walk into 500 calories- which is the equivalent as the whole sandwich!

Mixing up your exercise to include both high and low impact and watching what you eat- cutting out sugar and white flour, increasing your vegetable and fruit- eliminating soft drinks and alcohol, will help you lose weight the fastest. Depending on your ability and how much weight you are trying to lose, you may want to consult with your doctor or a nutritionist before you get started.

Good luck!

Old 12-01-2017, 06:46 AM   #3
    DavyKOTWF
    (male)

DavyKOTWF HB User

Short extreme bursts are much more effective than slow, long exercise. If you're healthy, do an all out 100 yard dash, that's it. Next day, do it again. Next day, do 120 yards, take a rest day. Next day, do 150 yards. Build up to 1/4 mile fast. Etc.

Losing weight is 80% diet and only 20% exercise. (maybe 90/10) Many people think it's the other way around. Some will exercise for months and not lose anything, because after they do their exercise, they'll 'treat' themselves to something wicked, completely canceling out the exercise. So for example, go on a Vegan diet for a month and see how it goes. You'll be surprised and pleased.

Old 01-24-2018, 03:11 PM   #4
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gal3323 View Post
    I want to be more thin.
    Well, how thin are you now? I consider thin to be a BMI between 17 & 18.
    If that's the case, you are thin enough. Being more thin than that may not be good for your health.

Old 03-19-2020, 04:53 AM   #5
    flyhigh
    (female)

flyhigh HB User

To lose weight and stay healthy I recommend drinking water every half an hour, at least sip small amount of water

Old 12-17-2020, 07:57 AM   #6
    anxioussoul
    Inactive
    (female)

anxioussoul HB User

The most successful physical activity I have ever done regarding removing fat from my body has been walking.

Specifically, walking at a fast pace very early in the morning on an empty stomach. I walk for approximately an hour outdoors practically every morning while Iím in fat loss mode. Combine with a sensible diet of quality protein and mostly vegetables; your body will transform itself. Avoiding all wheat products and dairy products will help keep unneeded calories from accumulating in your body fat reserves.

So go walking in the morning. Go places that are invigorating and refreshing to walk through. Watch your diet, don't count calories, avoid what you know is junk. Do it and just focus on getting stronger and healthier, and fitter.

It will work. You can expect to lose a pound or more per week. And when you lose it in this way and at this rate, the transition from losing to maintaining is relatively simple. Youíll succeed in keeping the weight off that you succeeded in getting off in the first place.

Old 01-05-2021, 03:13 AM   #7
    Loduro
    (male)

Loduro HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
    In order to lose weight, you have to eat less and burn more calories...in other words burn more than you eat.

Walking is a safe, low impact way to exercise and is recommended for everyone; however, just walking is not going to increase your metabolism to burn calories and lose weight unless you are walking for 10 hours a day! For me, walking at a quick pace on a treadmill for 45 minutes, will only burn about 200 calories, the equivalent of two slices of bread....

But, if you can jog or run or mix it up, you can turn that same 45 minute walk into 500 calories- which is the equivalent as the whole sandwich!

Mixing up your exercise to include both high and low impact and watching what you eat- cutting out sugar and white flour, increasing your vegetable and fruit- eliminating soft drinks and alcohol, will help you lose weight the fastest. Depending on your ability and how much weight you are trying to lose, you may want to consult with your doctor or a nutritionist before you get started.

Good luck!
    This is such a great explanation! I am trying to loose weight and started to walk for 30-40 minutes a day minimum. Soon I plan to start running for a bit

Reply Reply