It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Overweight teen

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-09-2018, 07:35 PM   #1
    oldbu
    (male)

oldbu HB User
    Overweight teen

Iím a teenager and Iím overweight. Iím about 5Ē7 and 180 pounds. Iím currently on running team (preseason). What dietary changes should I make? What would be good meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner? If you can, please be very specific. Thanks

Last edited by Administrator; 07-10-2018 at 03:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-16-2018, 12:36 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Overweight teen

Usually, the biggest factor causing weight issues is a lack of natural, unprocessed (or minimally processed) foods that contain fiber.

I like one serving of steel-cut oats for breakfast with fruit and chopped almonds or walnuts. If you think you might need more protein, you can eat a half cup of legumes first. The best oatmeal to buy is the kind that is slow cooking and has no additives. It's just plain oatmeal and then you can add some fruit and chopped nuts if you like. Or you could eat the fruit separately and then have the oatmeal with chopped nuts.

Note: Legumes are not only high in protein but contain fiber. Energy bars, protein bars or protein powders etc. are poor choices in my opinion.

Last edited by JohnR41; 07-16-2018 at 12:53 PM.

Old 08-03-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
    2plustwins
    (female)

2plustwins HB User
    Re: Overweight teen

My daughter was 16 when she started a new food plan with us. We cut out sugars (including sodas and diet sodas), and reduced our carb level to 20 to 30 g per day. It has been 14 months, and she just turned 18. She lost 60 pounds, even going to several camps last summer and this summer. She ate much more protein, as that stays with you and gives you endurance. Do not try to cut calories to ridiculously low levels. Do not try the starvation diet or any "diet fad" that is short term. Try to make better selections of eating vegetables and protein. Also, make sure you are eating enough good fat to be healthy (avocados are great for you).

Reply Reply