It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• How to lose weight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2018, 03:40 AM   #1
    halder
    (male)

halder HB User
    How to lose weight

Hlw.
    I want to loss my fat while maintainig my muscle.
    What is the best diet to do so?

Last edited by Administrator; 07-19-2018 at 07:18 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to halder For This Useful Post:
    carlito (08-02-2018)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2018, 08:35 AM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: How to lose weight

Get the right amount of protein per day based on your weight. Not too much, not too little, but just right. The average American gets about two times their daily requirement, and some get as much as two and a half times their daily requirement.

Get the right amount of "good" fat from things like olive oil, nuts and avocadoes. Not too much and not too little.

One serving of whole grains per meal should be about right.

Then when it comes to fresh fruit and non-starchy vegetables, you don't have to worry so much about overdoing it. This, together with whole grains is where you will get your fiber and you should try to get at least 25 grams of fiber per day.

Last, but not least of importance, is to eat within a 10, 11, or 12 hour window. For example, let's say you start your breakfast at 7am and finish dinner at 5pm. That's a 10 hour window, and there should be no snacks after dinner.
    If you subtract your 10 hour window of eating from a 24 hour day, you get 14 hours of fasting and that's the time when you will burn fat.

This, along with moderate exercise should help. You will also need to exercise some patience. Obviously, the 10 hour window will be better because it gives you a longer fasting time.

Last edited by JohnR41; 08-31-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Old 08-31-2018, 04:31 PM   #3
    MSNik
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Work out...and build muscle, while taking in less calories. When you eat, make sure you are eating protein- not fat; although small amounts of fat are required for your body to function healthy...

Stay away from transfats and fried foods and go for healthy fats such as nuts and olive oil and Salmon (Omegas).

By eating less and properly, while still working out and building muscle, you will get leaner without losing muscle. Remember though, stay away from the scale...the more muscle you build, the higher the scale will read. Base your success on your body and how it looks (or how your clothes fit)!

Old 08-31-2018, 10:38 PM   #4
    yayagirl
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

yayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB Useryayagirl HB User

Dear halder,

Also, cut out the sugars and simple carbs. That includes juices, ice cream, pizza, bread, cereals and energy drinks, etc.

Carbs from fresh or frozen dark colored vegetables and dark colored fruit are fine. Eat all you want of those. Use only real butter or cold pressed olive oil.

Cooked rolled oats with chopped walnuts are good.

Get enough protein per day from lean meats and poultry as well as eggs.

And keep on working out and exercising.

Closed Thread