It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Donít recognize myself after weight loss

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-27-2018, 11:54 PM   #1
Shoshanna33
(female)

Shoshanna33 HB User
Donít recognize myself after weight loss

Recently I have lost 81 pounds after being very overweight my entire adult life. I am now 44 years old and have been between a size 16-20 since I was 20 years old. I am now an 8. I look and feel amazing however Iím struggling a little with feeling out of place in this body. Or as if itís not really me anymore because I donít recognize any part of myself. I am definitely happier but this strange unfamiliarity is bothering me a lot. I feel almost like an alien inhabiting a new body and I donít know how to handle that feeling. I find myself randomly touching parts of my body like my arms or my shoulders and it feels so bizarre because now I feel bones where Iíve never felt them before. Has anyone else ever struggled with this sort of feeling from weight loss or am I alone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2018, 03:49 AM   #2
MSNik
Senior Veteran
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Donít recognize myself after weight loss

I have not struggled with what you describe- but wanted to say congratulations! I am sure you will get used to this new "you" pretty quickly! Go buy yourself new clothes and do something special for yourself- you earned this! Congratulations!

Old 11-15-2018, 09:00 PM   #3
Sucha
(female)

Sucha HB User
Re: Donít recognize myself after weight loss

I lost 68 lbs a year ago. I too had been overweight since I was a teenager, wearing at least a size 14 to 18 through the years since then. I understand how you feel exactly! I am now a size Small or 4-6 depending on the clothes. I still find myself not used to feeling bones where I never did before, and when I see myself in the mirror or in current photos sometimes I donít feel like its me.
However, I feel so much better, physically and emotionally. I figure that Iíll get used to it eventually LOL .
Congratulations on your weight loss!!

Carol

Reply Reply