It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Frustrated

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-21-2022, 07:52 AM   #1
    springssooner

springssooner HB User
    Frustrated

Iím 45, male, 6í tall, 195 pounds. Iíd like to be around 175-180, very lean. Iím active, healthyÖ

I have some excess sub fat just above my belt line that WILL NOT come off. Iím not even looking for 6 pack abs; just want and desire a flat stomach.

I have done IF for the last couple of years, naturally restrict my calorie intake to around 2,000 a day, and 5-6 days a week I do 120 burpees per day.

According to what I read Iím doing everything right to continue to burn fat, butÖno progress.

Why does it seem like this rocket science? Any advise would be appreciated; or, just tell me, if I donít spend 5 hours in a gym everyday itíll never happenÖjust need to knowÖthanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2022, 12:21 PM   #2
    JohnR41
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
    Re: Frustrated

A lot depends on the microbes in your gut. This community of microorganisms in your gut is known as the microbiome. If you haven't heard of it, it likely sounds very strange.

A healthy microbiome helps with digestion and even manufactures certain vitamins, among other things.

Studies have been done where they perform a fecal transplant from a lean rodent to an obese rodent and the obese rodent becomes lean. But fecal transplants have not yet been approved (for humans) by the FDA.

So the next best way is to take some prebiotics and probiotics to establish some of the beneficial bacteria you need. But at the same time you have to eliminate such things as sugar and baked goods made with sugar and white flour. In other words, eliminate processed carbohydrates and at the same time eliminate most other processed foods. "Junk foods" or "fast foods" are very destructive to a healthy microbiome.

That's basically what it's all about and you can do some research on your own to get more details on how to go about it. So, there's more to weight control than counting calories and exercising.

Old 01-29-2022, 05:49 AM   #3
    Maxxx17
    (male)

Maxxx17 HB User
    Re: Frustrated

That's too bad.

Reply Reply