It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• metabolife experience?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2003, 08:02 AM   #1
    dbkb

Post metabolife experience?

I've tried a few weight loss products. I was on Hydroxicut for about a week but had to stop because I was jittery to the point of freaking out. I tried Xenadrine with Ephedra, which was ok for me, but I couldn't take it everyday because it was hard on my stomache. I went through a bottle of ephedra free xenadrine, but I don't think it did that much after the first couple of weeks.

I was going to buy another bottle of xenadrine with ephedra yesterday, but my store was out of it. They did have metabolife on sale so I thought I'd give that a try. I bought one bottle with ephedra and one without it. My plan was to take 2 ephedra tablets in the morning and two ephedra free before dinner. After the early ephedra pills, I felt great and biked about 20 miles. I even had a little of that euphoric feeling. After my ephedra free pills in the evening I went to the gym and did some mild cardio.

As I was getting into bed last night I started shivering almost violently. I was lucky to hide the shivering from my wife because she absolutely hates these kind of pills. I woke up at 2 in the morning with a bad sinus headache. Here it is next day and I'm still cold, a little spaced out, and have a sore throat to boot. I'm thinking of taking one ephedra pill for the day and skipping the others to just get past what i hope is the initial stage.

I'd appreciate any metabolife experience and how your weight loss went with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2003, 09:28 AM   #2
    coley91

coley91 HB User
    Honestly!!!! I have heard some SCARY stories with the ephedra pills. If your having symptoms like that, I would definitely go off them! I am using xenadrine EFX and have lost 12 pounds!!! You have to let them get into your system. Any way... please be SO careful with those ephedra pills!!!!! Scares me! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dizzy.gif Let us know how you are doing!!!

Old 03-25-2003, 10:49 AM   #3
    jrdoa
    (male)

jrdoa HB User
    Stay away from anything with ephedra or ma huang. I went to the hospital after taking Metabolife. My body went numb for a minute or so 2x. I went into the hospital scared out of my mind. The doctor told me my blood pressure was fine, but my heart rate was high. The hospital staff told me that more and more people were coming in with the same problem, if not worse. Then again, my friend would take double the amount and he was fine. It's not worth the chance. I've lost about 15lbs since January by exercising and cutting down on carbs. Probably the best way to go.

Old 03-26-2003, 02:59 PM   #4
    dipsybubbles2
    Inactive

dipsybubbles2 HB User
    How many pills did you take a day when taking Metab-O-Lite?

Old 04-12-2004, 09:18 AM   #5
    pooh5474

pooh5474 HB User
    Re: metabolife experience?

You also need to stay away from products containing caffeine or other stimulants like nasal decongestants or your heart rate will rise. Most of the time it is common sense with any of these products to cut back on intake of these types of products while using them or you will feel jittery. I am a die hard coffee drinker, and am on flonase for sinusitis so I stay away from these type of products because it says right on the label they contain some caffeine.

Closed Thread