It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Metabo Ultramax.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2003, 07:15 AM   #1
BigTex

BigTex HB User
Talking Metabo Ultramax.

Hello Everyone,
Metabo Ultramax is just the latest snake oil. If you look at the ingredients on their website it contains: Chromium Picolinate, Calcium Pyruvate, Korean Ginseng, and very low potencies of Vitamin B Complex and Vitamin C.
The Chromium Picolinate is good for stabilizing blood sugar levels and reducing spikes in insulin levels. The Ginseng is an adaptogen and provides energy for some people. The B Complex is necessary for proper metabolism of food, however their doses of B-Complex is very low.
You would be better off just buying a high potency vitmain/mineral supplement from Trader Joe's or Wal-Mart. You can buy bulk Ginseng at Sam' Club. You would have better results since you would be taking therapeutic doses (minimal amount necessary to have a beneficial effect).
One way to spot a health fraud scam is when the manufacturer requires you to do something else in addition to taking their product to lose weight. Scientific studies of products require controls in order to ensure that it is the product that is causing the desired effect and not any other factor. Many health product manufacturers require you to eat a reduced calorie, low carb diet, drink adequate water and to begin exercising. When you follow the program concientously, you lose weight and are apt to attribute your weight lose to the product. Yet the weight loss was actually due to diet and exercise, significantly moreso than the "magic" diet pills.
However some diet pills do work. Yet the pills that are the most effective tend to be the most dangerous.
Instead of searching for a "magic" pill look for good testimonies from people who have lost weight. The commonality among most people that lose substantial amounts of weight are diet and exercise on a consistent basis. They also having a support system such as a personal trainer or spouse to encourage them on a daily basis. God Bless You All, BigTex

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2003, 12:27 PM   #2
Trinket
(female)

Trinket HB User
Question

Hi Tex, Is there any pill at all that you would recommend for a person like me that seems to have stalled in her weight loss efforts and is having lots of cravings for sweet things lately? I just need a jumpstart. I lost 37lbs so far without anything.

Old 05-02-2003, 04:59 PM   #3
BigTex

BigTex HB User
Hello Trinket,
Chromium Picolinate is good for reducing cravings for sweets, since it helps to balance your blood glucose levels. Also, Vanadyl Sulfate and Alpha Lipoic Acid may also help.
Oils may with your plateau, such as Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Fish Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, & Omega-3, Flax and Borage Oil (Wal-Mart has very low prices for all of these oils)
Additionally, you have to examine your eating and exercise habits. If you do not eat enough calories your metablism will slow down. Also, if you only eat one or two meals a day it will slow down. It is better to eat six small meals per day to increase your metabolism. As far as exercise, if you overtrain it can cause a plateau. Also, if you do not vary your routine or increase intensity you body will become adapted to the exercises and you will not lose. Try changing your workout routine and increasing the intensity. Moreover, make sure you drink lots of water and take a good multi vitamin/mineral supplement with high potencies of B Complex. Let me know how this works for you, God Bless You Trinket, BigTex.

Old 05-05-2003, 09:30 AM   #4
BigTex

BigTex HB User
Hello Trinket,
Did you break through your plateau?

Closed Thread