It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• best way to loose from thighs & butt

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-27-2003, 08:27 PM   #1
    gcroxmyhallway

gcroxmyhallway HB User
    Question best way to loose from thighs & butt

what are the best exercises to loose fat or tone up butt and thighs, replies would be appreciated.
    thanx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-27-2003, 08:34 PM   #2
    Mtn.mama

Mtn.mama HB User
    I have been doing "walk away the pounds" 2 miles. haven't done it long enough to get results yet. i can feel my heart beating in my backside when i'm done so maybe thats a good sign!!!LOL ....... Mtn.

Old 05-28-2003, 12:29 AM   #3
    magnolia

magnolia HB User
    losing body fat is accomplished by the use of cardio... cannot spot reduce... losing body fat is comparable to peeling away the layers of an onion...

for toning your specific areas, nothing does the job better for me than barbell squats or dumb bell lunges...

(from someone who used to wear a size 22 but now in a size 3/4 jeans thanks to squats and lunges)

Old 05-28-2003, 06:28 AM   #4
    DonutsNCoffee
    Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
    gcroxmyhallway,

magnolia is correct. You cannot spot reduce. Where you lose fat is determined by genetics. In general, the first place you gain fat is the last place you lose it. Men gain around their abdomen, women in their hips, thighs, and buttocks. Cardio will help burn the fat. To tone and tighten the butt and thighs, walking, jogging, running, and swimming are good. I've been running for the past 4 months and my thighs and butt are definitely smaller and firmer than before. I also do squats and leg curls to target the legs.

Old 05-28-2003, 07:29 AM   #5
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by magnolia:
    losing body fat is accomplished by the use of cardio... cannot spot reduce... losing body fat is comparable to peeling away the layers of an onion...

for toning your specific areas, nothing does the job better for me than barbell squats or dumb bell lunges...

(from someone who used to wear a size 22 but now in a size 3/4 jeans thanks to squats and lunges)
    WOW!!!!!!!!!wish I cud achieve that.Need your inspiration then.I need to lose atleast 2 inches of my thighs.Ihave started doing squats and lounges.How long will it take to reach my goal...pls pls pls do let me know..

Old 05-30-2003, 08:33 AM   #6
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Guess am not that lucky I started on lunges and now I have severe pain in my thighs that I can barely move and I have dread feeling that I might be adding pounds as am not moving.. ..was I doing something wrong...am so desperate to loose inches in my thighs...I feel so lowwwww...

Old 05-30-2003, 09:22 AM   #7
    DonutsNCoffee
    Senior Veteran

DonutsNCoffee HB User
    Lunges aren't good for your knees. To target my butt and thighs, I just do lots of jogging, weighted squats, and leg curls. Not only have I gotten stronger, but I've managed to lose 2 inches off my thighs and 1.5 inches off my hips. But my thighs look muscular now. I'm not sure you'll want that.

Old 05-31-2003, 06:54 AM   #8
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Talking

Quote:
    Originally posted by DonutsNCoffee:
    Lunges aren't good for your knees. To target my butt and thighs, I just do lots of jogging, weighted squats, and leg curls. Not only have I gotten stronger, but I've managed to lose 2 inches off my thighs and 1.5 inches off my hips. But my thighs look muscular now. I'm not sure you'll want that.
    Good I wanted to hear from someone to say that one can loose inches off thighs without lunges.But I do agree lunges does target all the muscle group in thighs and pretty effective but if one like me who is not used to it should not try it or u all mite end up like me.Well DonutsNCoffee then I will stick to squats, leg raises guess that wud help me loose the stubborn fat off my thighs and butt.Will skipping help too?????

Closed Thread