It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Phentermine thread-- come on and post phenternine users!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-23-2003, 06:05 AM   #1
    mms72

mms72 HB User
    Smile Phentermine thread-- come on and post phenternine users!

Hi guys-

I just started taking phentermine exactly one week ago-- and have lost about 4 lbs! This stuff really works-- it decreases my appetite and i really don't have the cravings i used to! The first few days I had side effects like headache and kinda nervous --but they have pretty much gone away! I wanted to start a thread for anyone using phenternine--or HAS used it..... or wants info on it.... ya get the idea!!!!

I hope it continues to work! I plan on taking this months and then reordering for 1 more!

Any thought?????? (please no negative stuff about how diet pills are so bad for you and all that--- I really researched this product and the benefits seem to outway the negative for me, I need a little extra help in the dieting process and so far these pills seem to be doing it!)

Thanks for reading and keep posting!!!

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2003, 06:18 AM   #2
    XXDixieXX
    Veteran

XXDixieXX HB User
    Morning Michelle,

I have no negatives to report. LOL Only good results. I am on them now and like them. I have used them in the pass with great results. The only thing that is happening with me is that my body is getting use to them and they don't work as good as they use too. But gosh when I first took them I had to make myself eat. I am on 37.5 mg LOL and they don't have any stronger ones so I'll have to stick with these. Now I do know that if I do skip a day I eat like crazy. So I am guessing they are helping me some.

Good Luck with them and I'm glad your doing great. Keep it up

Love,
    Dix http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 05-23-2003, 06:25 AM   #3
    piesmom

piesmom HB User
    Talking

Hi Michelle, I am also on the 37.5 ones. I started April 24 and I have lost about 24lbs. I also took the same ones about 5years ago and lost a lot of weight then haad 2 babies 14months apart, so I am taking them again. They seem to work better the longer I wait to eat after I take them. How much weight are you trying to lose?

Peggy

Old 05-23-2003, 06:44 AM   #4
    mms72

mms72 HB User
    well--- eventually i want to lose about 40-- I am 5'4" and about 161- but i am going to VEGAS!! in Sept and want to lose 30 by then!!!

I have been reading posts on phentermine's web page and have gotten alot of good info!! My plan is to take then for about 8 weeks-- from what i have read they can lose effectiveness after taking them anywhere from 6-12 weeks. Also some say they take them 5 days on--2 days off-- or take them and when you don't feel like they are doing anything then go off 4 a week or 2 then they should work again!

So i am HOPEFUL!!

Thanks for your replies!!!!

Michelle

Old 05-25-2003, 01:55 AM   #5
    muslimlady

muslimlady HB User
    OH HAPPY I FOUND THIS SITE>
    i also started t again. I used it in 1994 after my first baby. i lost 30 pounds in two months.and another 10 pounds the next month. the trick is to not eat carbs once you get off.

I started one week ago on 37.5 a day and i am happy to report i lost 5 pounds. today was hard because i went to a wedding and i did eat a slice of cake....(OOOPS!)
    and i felt sad and sick with myself for this.but then i found this site and now i feel better.
    i will post more.
    DOES ANYONE ELSE have a dry mouth? my nside of my mouth has cracks in it....it is ALWAYS DRY!
    but love it anyway
    ( P.S. last time i was on it i went to a dr and he told me to take the pills and not eat carbs while on it. try this.

Old 05-25-2003, 06:50 AM   #6
    mms72

mms72 HB User
    Hi!

yep the dry mouth is a pain--but then you'll drink more water! hopefully!! I got mine at e drugs dot com-- free shipping and consultation. So far they are working great! hope they keep up!!! The side effects do diminish with time-- its been 9 days and i don't get them as bad! KEEP PSTING GUYS!

Old 05-26-2003, 12:11 AM   #7
    speshol

speshol HB User
    I think i want to try phentermine, but need to know if there are any sites that you can order from that also takes returns? I'm afraid of ordering something online that might i cant retunr if it doesnt work. I'm 18, and in serious need of an appetite suppressant that'll really work.

Old 05-26-2003, 09:01 AM   #8
    mms72

mms72 HB User
    Phentermine is a prescription med-- and you have to get a precription for it- you can do it online but you have to have a Dr consultaion. And as far as I know it cannot be returned anywhere. I'm pretty sure you have to have a BMI of 28 at least to get a prescription for it.

Old 05-26-2003, 09:23 PM   #9
    speshol

speshol HB User
    thanks for the replies, I still have this urge to try phentermine because I really have an issue with overeating and controlling my appetite. I feel i need to try a prescription drug, b/c then its more likely to work at decreasing the appetite. I'm 5'5 and 156, my ideal would be 130-140. I like exercising but i feel like i sabotage my efforts when i overeat and binge. I never thought about weight loss patches before because I just felt they just didnt work. Please post any more info you find about them. It seems like phentermine is working for alot of y'all.

Old 05-27-2003, 06:05 AM   #10
    skye92

skye92 HB User
    Hello, all you "Phen-Friends!!!" I have been on Phentermine for almost a month and have not lost a thing. But am taking 30 mg so when I go back to my Dr. next week, I will ask for the 37.5 mg!! I am a hairstylist, on my feet all day, walking back to mix color, etc. etc. so work is my excercise!!! I need to lose a/b 30 pds. and like the little extra zing I get from taking an apetite suppressant. Congrats to all of you who have been successful!!!! I love this board, it is so informative and encouraging!!!!!

Old 05-27-2003, 12:08 PM   #11
    mcrowder

mcrowder HB User
    Cool

I have been on Phentermine since May 8 and am afraid to get on the scales at least until June 8. I have done really well with them, the jitters have subsided but still have a little nervous feeling sometimes. I take them 5 days and off on the weekends. I also eat like that, I eat within my calorie range for 5 days and for 2 I eat anything that I wouldn't normally eat during the week. This works great if your life is normal and never varies, also it works great if you have no one else to cook for during the week!

I lost 33.5 pounds several years ago with them so I know they work but I believe your body does get immune to them. Hopefully the on/off effect will help with this.

Old 05-27-2003, 01:16 PM   #12
    XXDixieXX
    Veteran

XXDixieXX HB User
    Unhappy

http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/bigcry.gif I need help..I think my body has gotten immune to the phen. Like mcrowder said it does. I would stop takeing them for awhile but I know that when I do stop I get so hungry for the next few days and over eat Big Time..Does anyone know if takeing something else with the phentermine help it out?? Like maybe some vitamin or something? I do find that if I eat breakfast they don't work that good and by night time it's out of my system. I'm on 37.5..Wish it would start working again.

Good Luck to all you guys

Love,
    Dix http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 05-27-2003, 02:40 PM   #13
    mms72

mms72 HB User
    Hi All!

I've noticed they aren't working as well as at first at controlling my appetite to!! today is day 12-I thought they were supposed to continue to be effective at least till 6 weeks! I am on 30 mg i will get 37.5 for my next month. I have been doing pretty good. I have lost about 5 lbs-- i'll be happy if i can lose 10 lbs a month! I have read that the only way to really get the phentermine working again is to go off for a couple weeks and them when you start up again they should be just as effective!

Even tho I am actually getting hungary faster -- i am feeling full sooner and have been TRYING to make better food choices! I did have an ice crean cone this weekend tho!!!!!

Keep posting! It's nice to share with others doing the same thing!

Old 05-27-2003, 02:40 PM   #14
    Caligal

Caligal HB User
    Do this pills contain ephedrine or are they all natural? Please let me know. Thanks

Old 05-27-2003, 07:55 PM   #15
    skye92

skye92 HB User
    Dear Dix, please do not be discouraged! I think if you go off of them for a week or two and then re-start them, they may start to work again. And you may want to ask your Dr. a/b a vitamin you can take with them. There are several good appetite suppressants out there, like Adipex, Ionamin, Bontril (phendimetrazine) or Tenuate. Perhaps you could switch to one of them for a while. And, Caligal, Phentermine is the "safe" half of the "Fen-Phen" craze from a few years ago. "Fenfluramine" is the pill that caused all of the controversy and is no longer sold. In some people, it caused heart valve problems. And I do not think Phentermine has ephedra in it but you do need a prescription to obtain it. Although I think you can purchase it on-line but at a very high cost. Hope all this info. will be of help to someone!! Good luck to all!! And keep on keeping on!!

------------------

Closed Thread