It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Weight Loss Message Board

  • Apple Cider Vinegar helps to loose weight

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 05-25-2003, 06:32 PM   #31
    Tart
    Junior Member
     
    Tart's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 27
    Tart HB User
    Post

    Hi All,
    I've tried ACV since reading the beginning of this thread. It has been 3 days. Now, I don't know if this is just my imagination, but I am finding I am less hungry, have less cravings and can't polish off my plate of food the way I used to.
    I think i can attribute this to ACV, since I haven't been doing anything differnently. Haven't noticed weightloss yet (think it's too soon), but so far, a good change in my eating and craving habits.
    Wishing all my ACV pals good luck!! lets keep each other posted on how it's going.
    OH, I'm taking 2 teaspoons in one glass of water once per day.
    Bye for Now.

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 05-25-2003, 07:21 PM   #32
    luvPeace
    Senior Member
     
    luvPeace's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 131
    luvPeace HB User
    Smile

    Am glad I found this message board.Sure Vlasik I will keep you posted as you are inspiration to me and others and like Tart said even I do not have any cravings and already feel good with ACV..I started on saturday nite and I drink thrice a day.well thats a good start..My throat did feel uncomfortable when I had my first drink but now I have got used to it and surprisingly I started liking the taste too.Isn't it wonderful???Hey Vlasik one more Q..sorry to be so bothersome.Did u do any excercise along with consumption of ACV???I do walk half an hr monday thru friday and somedays I do weight training excercise but now am ankles are in severe pain..wish there was any magic potion which cud jus' burn your fat off with no exertion..pls do let me know Vlasik...and thanx again for sharing..

     
    Old 05-25-2003, 09:59 PM   #33
    QweenyBluEyes
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    QweenyBluEyes's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Location: Wa, USA
    Posts: 194
    QweenyBluEyes HB User
    Post

    Hey everyone,

    For all of your who do not like apple cider vinegar, or don't want any carbs.. heres what you can do.

    8 oz water
    1 tbls lemon juice
    2 tbls apple cider vinegar
    (If desired add splenda, stevia or honey) 1 tsp honey is about 3 carbs

    With this you can barley taste the acv since the lemon juice hides it so well. If you add honey, it taste like lemonade!

    I bike ride or do the stair climber 35-60 minutes 5-6 days a week. I eat 5 smaller, healthy meals each day, and 30 min. before breakfast lunch or dinner I have my acv drink. My meals consist of Lean meats, nuts, fruit, vegetables, whole wheat pasta, 100% whole wheat breads (not enriched), and fat-free or reduced fat dairy.

    My meal plan:

    Breakfast:
    acv drink 30 min before
    30 carbs (100% whole wheat bread, or peice of fruit)
    12 protein (1 whole egg, two egg whites, and 1 slice of extra lean ham)
    4 fat (almonds, or butter)
    (or.. 1/3 cup oatmeal w/ 2/3 cup water) eat with either 1 tsp honey, stevia, or splenda, and cinnamon. On the side have about 1/3 cup skim milk.

    Lunch:
    avc drink 30 min before
    40 carbs
    24 protein
    8 fat

    (ie turkey/ham and fat free or reduced fat cheese sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread) Use fat free mayo, and add tomatoe slices, cucumber, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, peppers, onions, mushrooms, if desired.) eat with small salad w/ low fat or fat free dressing

    Snack:
    20 carbs (ie.. one peice of fruit)
    12 protein (2 slices turkey meat)
    4 fat (ie 5-6 almonds or 1 tsp almond butter or natural peanut butter)

    Dinner:
    20 carbs (ie vegetables) I try not to eat breads or pastas at dinner
    24 protein (ie chicken, pork chops, fish)
    8 fat (olive oil, butter)

    Snack:
    20 carbs
    12 protein
    4 fat


    I have done it this way for a long time and lost weight, but I started up acv again and lost 6 lbs in about 1 week. It is quite much, and its not healthy to lose that much in such a short time. It should be more around 2-3 lbs a week. But anyways, It seems as though on this diet I can just eat eat eat, and I love it! But if you eat healthy, you can eat as much as I do!
    __________________
    Quitters always lose, and winners never give up.

     
    Old 05-25-2003, 11:55 PM   #34
    Mistykae
    Newbie
     
    Mistykae's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 3
    Mistykae HB User
    Question

    Hi everyone, Does anyone know the difference between unpasteurized and pasteurized Apple Cider Vinegar. I'm confused and i don't know which one to buy.

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 08:15 AM   #35
    Maas
    Newbie
     
    Maas's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Location: North Platte, NE USA
    Posts: 5
    Maas HB User
    Thumbs up

    ACV sounds like it's worth a try, but for you that were asking about using it with prescrip meds this should always be checked with the Doc or Pharmacist. If ACV works I'm sure it would only be better with a balanced diet, exercise, and lots of good ole H2o! If you do these things then when you've lost the excess weight, you've gotten into great habits that could take you thru a long time of not worrying about regaing that weight! GOOD LUCK!

    ------------------

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 08:36 AM   #36
    Vlasik
    Senior Member
     
    Vlasik's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Location: Boston, MA
    Posts: 225
    Vlasik HB User
    Post

    That is right. You will not be able to eat as much(in terms of quantity) as you did before. You will feel hungry the same way, but once you start eating you will feel full faster then you used to before you started taking the acv. That is a good sign. Keep at it.
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Tart:
    Hi All,
    I've tried ACV since reading the beginning of this thread. It has been 3 days. Now, I don't know if this is just my imagination, but I am finding I am less hungry, have less cravings and can't polish off my plate of food the way I used to.
    I think i can attribute this to ACV, since I haven't been doing anything differnently. Haven't noticed weightloss yet (think it's too soon), but so far, a good change in my eating and craving habits.
    Wishing all my ACV pals good luck!! lets keep each other posted on how it's going.
    OH, I'm taking 2 teaspoons in one glass of water once per day.
    Bye for Now.

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 08:40 AM   #37
    Vlasik
    Senior Member
     
    Vlasik's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Location: Boston, MA
    Posts: 225
    Vlasik HB User
    Post

    I did not exercise because I am so lazy. I should have, but I didn't. If you are able to exercise do it. Even if it's just a walk everyday. Yes, the acv drink will make you eat less. you will feel full faster. you will still feel hungry, but once you start eating, you will feel full faster than before. That is a good sign. Keep at it.
    Quote:
    Originally posted by luvPeace:
    Am glad I found this message board.Sure Vlasik I will keep you posted as you are inspiration to me and others and like Tart said even I do not have any cravings and already feel good with ACV..I started on saturday nite and I drink thrice a day.well thats a good start..My throat did feel uncomfortable when I had my first drink but now I have got used to it and surprisingly I started liking the taste too.Isn't it wonderful???Hey Vlasik one more Q..sorry to be so bothersome.Did u do any excercise along with consumption of ACV???I do walk half an hr monday thru friday and somedays I do weight training excercise but now am ankles are in severe pain..wish there was any magic potion which cud jus' burn your fat off with no exertion..pls do let me know Vlasik...and thanx again for sharing..

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 12:38 PM   #38
    Claudine
    Junior Member
     
    Claudine's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Nov 2002
    Location: Lyndhurst, NJ USA
    Posts: 43
    Claudine HB User
    Post

    Will the ACV work better without the honey? I am trying to stay away from sugary things...Isn't honey full of sugar? I tried ACV before with just water..Can anyone make any other suggestions?

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 01:28 PM   #39
    QweenyBluEyes
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    QweenyBluEyes's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Location: Wa, USA
    Posts: 194
    QweenyBluEyes HB User
    Post

    You do not need the honey, if you don't want it. If you are on a low carb diet you can do just acv and water, and add some lemon juice to take some of the acv taste away.

    As for meds, I think I read somewhere that it is ok to take acv with them. But, I have heard not to take acv with grapefruit juice if you are on meds. Although, I would suggest not to just rely on my info and just ask a professional.

    [This message has been edited by QweenyBluEyes (edited 05-26-2003).]
    __________________
    Quitters always lose, and winners never give up.

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 04:52 PM   #40
    luvPeace
    Senior Member
     
    luvPeace's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Posts: 131
    luvPeace HB User
    Question

    Quote:
    Originally posted by QweenyBluEyes:
    Hey everyone,

    For all of your who do not like apple cider vinegar, or don't want any carbs.. heres what you can do.

    8 oz water
    1 tbls lemon juice
    2 tbls apple cider vinegar
    (If desired add splenda, stevia or honey) 1 tsp honey is about 3 carbs

    With this you can barley taste the acv since the lemon juice hides it so well. If you add honey, it taste like lemonade!

    I bike ride or do the stair climber 35-60 minutes 5-6 days a week. I eat 5 smaller, healthy meals each day, and 30 min. before breakfast lunch or dinner I have my acv drink. My meals consist of Lean meats, nuts, fruit, vegetables, whole wheat pasta, 100% whole wheat breads (not enriched), and fat-free or reduced fat dairy.

    My meal plan:

    Breakfast:
    acv drink 30 min before
    30 carbs (100% whole wheat bread, or peice of fruit)
    12 protein (1 whole egg, two egg whites, and 1 slice of extra lean ham)
    4 fat (almonds, or butter)
    (or.. 1/3 cup oatmeal w/ 2/3 cup water) eat with either 1 tsp honey, stevia, or splenda, and cinnamon. On the side have about 1/3 cup skim milk.

    Lunch:
    avc drink 30 min before
    40 carbs
    24 protein
    8 fat

    (ie turkey/ham and fat free or reduced fat cheese sandwich on 100% whole wheat bread) Use fat free mayo, and add tomatoe slices, cucumber, lettuce, alfalfa sprouts, peppers, onions, mushrooms, if desired.) eat with small salad w/ low fat or fat free dressing

    Snack:
    20 carbs (ie.. one peice of fruit)
    12 protein (2 slices turkey meat)
    4 fat (ie 5-6 almonds or 1 tsp almond butter or natural peanut butter)

    Dinner:
    20 carbs (ie vegetables) I try not to eat breads or pastas at dinner
    24 protein (ie chicken, pork chops, fish)
    8 fat (olive oil, butter)

    Snack:
    20 carbs
    12 protein
    4 fat


    I have done it this way for a long time and lost weight, but I started up acv again and lost 6 lbs in about 1 week. It is quite much, and its not healthy to lose that much in such a short time. It should be more around 2-3 lbs a week. But anyways, It seems as though on this diet I can just eat eat eat, and I love it! But if you eat healthy, you can eat as much as I do!
    Even I was afraid of honey adding calories but will lemon add more acidity to vinegar???Will that be safe on stomach???Pls do let me know..


     
    Old 05-26-2003, 05:45 PM   #41
    Ladybug12473
    Junior Member
     
    Ladybug12473's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2003
    Location: Sound Beach,NY,USA
    Posts: 20
    Ladybug12473 HB User
    Post

    I would like to know if it is better to take the drink before or after your meals? I bought a bottle and it says to take it during or after your meals,but I am reading here that some people are drinking it 30 mins before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thank you

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 05:54 PM   #42
    cubbymommy
    Member
     
    cubbymommy's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 59
    cubbymommy HB User
    Post

    I was all excited to try this and I went out and bought it. I can not do it, it makes me hurl any suggestions? One of you said 2Tbls and then one said 2tsp. Will it work with just the 2tsp. I tried it with the lemon and honey but all I could taste was the ACV. I didn't even swallow, I had to spit it out. HELP!!!

    ~Tamari

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 05:55 PM   #43
    cubbymommy
    Member
     
    cubbymommy's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2003
    Location: Canada
    Posts: 59
    cubbymommy HB User
    Post

    opps posted twice

    ~Tamari

    [This message has been edited by cubbymommy (edited 05-26-2003).]

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 05:57 PM   #44
    QweenyBluEyes
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    QweenyBluEyes's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2003
    Location: Wa, USA
    Posts: 194
    QweenyBluEyes HB User
    Post

    Luvpeace- I have taken it with lemon and I seem to be doing fine. Grapefruit juice is also acidic, and you take it with acv. So I would assume it would be ok, but I am not positive.

    Ladybug- The reason for taking it 30 min before is because it curbs your appetite and you don't eat as much. Does it say on the bottle that the directions are for weight loss? If not, then it could be for different reasons. Sometimes I forget to take it 30 min before and end up drinking it right before my meal, and it still works.
    __________________
    Quitters always lose, and winners never give up.

     
    Old 05-26-2003, 06:30 PM   #45
    zabou69
    Member
    (female)
     
    zabou69's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Dec 2001
    Posts: 92
    zabou69 HB User
    Post

    This is an interesting topic that I would love to try but am wondering where you get Heinz apple cider? Unless I missed it in one of the previous posts on where to buy it. Thanks in advance!

     
    Closed Thread

    Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Apple Cider Vinegar tom_cress2000 Acne 7 05-22-2009 09:44 AM
    Anyone take apple cider vinegar on thyroxine please? sey Thyroid Disorders 4 01-11-2008 09:09 AM
    Apple Cider Vinegar Remedy selliot Acid Reflux / GERD 8 08-08-2007 07:07 AM
    apple cider vinegar- does it really work? eggysbrain Weight Loss 22 06-23-2006 05:33 AM
    Apple Cider Vinegar. nenaw Acne 10 01-05-2006 07:23 PM
    Apple cider vinegar to lose weight? Dark Stranger Diet & Nutrition 4 07-18-2005 10:53 PM
    apple cider vinegar Laura79 Weight Loss 3 11-11-2003 05:33 PM




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:40 AM.





    © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!