It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Apple Cider Vinegar helps to loose weight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-26-2003, 06:33 PM   #46
    zabou69
    (female)

zabou69 HB User
    Ok I did reread and found out you can buy Heinz apple vineger in a supermarket. Thank-you and good luck to all of you who use this.I hope it works for me too!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2003, 06:46 PM   #47
    texciana

texciana HB User
    A few questions here...doesn't mixing lemon juice with vinegar cancel each other out? I mean, lemon juice is an acid but vinegar is alkaline. Don't they interact to neutralize each other out? Doesn't that affect the ability of vinegar to work (if it works)?

Also, doesn't drinking the acv make you stink of vinegar thru your pores and breath? I remember I used to work with a receptionist many years ago who drank it all day. She was overweight and was drinking it to try to lose weight but I hated being near her because she totally REEKED of vinegar all the time. Of all the postings, I'm not clear whether the pills work just as well for if it has to be the liquid form. Of those who are using acv now, do people complain of the smell? Please advise. Thank you very much.

------------------
    Don't mess with Texas

Old 05-26-2003, 06:56 PM   #48
    Mistykae

Mistykae HB User
    I got mine fron Walmart supercenter. It's on the same isle as pickles.

Quote:
    Originally posted by zabou69:
    This is an interesting topic that I would love to try but am wondering where you get Heinz apple cider? Unless I missed it in one of the previous posts on where to buy it. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-26-2003, 09:13 PM   #49
    QweenyBluEyes
    (female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
    texiciana- I really don't have an answer for you there. I would think that if its in your system, its in your system no matter what "acid" foods you eat/drink. But I don't really know..

Was this lady you worked with drinking it straight from the bottle? I don't think I'm getting enough for myself to smell that strong. I 've never had any complaints from anyone that I stink.. so maybe she just drank too much, obsessed about it, thinking the more she drinks, the more she'll lose.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:12 AM   #50
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User
    The purpose of the honey is mainly to make the drink more gentle to your stomach. Whithout the honey this drink can be too acidic to your stomach. Some people have tried it without the honey and they tolerated it well. However, if you are taking this drink on a regular basis, and especially if you plan to take on a long term basis, then you should always add the honey to it. The problem is that the if you take it without the honey, the acidity of the vinegar and water mix may create stomach problems for you. Vinegar is an acid, and so is water(weaker acid)and the conbination of both will still give you an acid ph. Lemon juice is also an acid(citric acid), and if you combine this 3 acids is just too much for your stomach. You will have to take this drink for a while in order to loose weight. And there is no point in losing weight and getting stomach problems right? So please consider adding a bit of honey to your drink.
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Claudine:
    Will the ACV work better without the honey? I am trying to stay away from sugary things...Isn't honey full of sugar? I tried ACV before with just water..Can anyone make any other suggestions?

Old 05-27-2003, 08:14 AM   #51
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User
    The purpose of the honey is mainly to make the drink more gentle to your stomach. Whithout the honey this drink can be too acidic to your stomach. Some people have tried it without the honey and they tolerated it well. However, if you are taking this drink on a regular basis, and especially if you plan to take on a long term basis, then you should always add the honey to it. The problem is that the if you take it without the honey, the acidity of the vinegar and water mix may create stomach problems for you. Vinegar is an acid, and so is water(weaker acid)and the conbination of both will still give you an acid ph. Lemon juice is also an acid(citric acid), and if you combine this 3 acids is just too much for your stomach. You will have to take this drink for a while in order to loose weight. And there is no point in losing weight and getting stomach problems right? So please consider adding a bit of honey to your drink.
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Claudine:
    Will the ACV work better without the honey? I am trying to stay away from sugary things...Isn't honey full of sugar? I tried ACV before with just water..Can anyone make any other suggestions?

Old 05-27-2003, 08:15 AM   #52
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User

Claudine,

Old 05-27-2003, 09:33 AM   #53
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User

Claudine,

Old 05-27-2003, 09:35 AM   #54
    motheroffive

motheroffive HB User
    Cool

why does drinking apple cider vinegar help you loose weight?

Old 05-27-2003, 09:35 AM   #55
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User

Sorry for the repeated posts. have no clue about what happened.

Old 05-27-2003, 05:22 PM   #56
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User
    It makes your body burn more fat and faster. It also curbs your apetite provided that you drink it before meals(preferably 1/2 hour before).
    Quote:
    Originally posted by motheroffive:
    why does drinking apple cider vinegar help you loose weight?

Old 05-27-2003, 05:26 PM   #57
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User
    Acv will not make you stink if you are taking the quantity advised on this board. Now, the woman that you are talking about probably drank a lot of it straight from the bottle. If you take the drink that I mentioned you will not smell at all. I have been taking it for years and never smelled.
    Quote:
    Originally posted by texciana:
    A few questions here...doesn't mixing lemon juice with vinegar cancel each other out? I mean, lemon juice is an acid but vinegar is alkaline. Don't they interact to neutralize each other out? Doesn't that affect the ability of vinegar to work (if it works)?

Also, doesn't drinking the acv make you stink of vinegar thru your pores and breath? I remember I used to work with a receptionist many years ago who drank it all day. She was overweight and was drinking it to try to lose weight but I hated being near her because she totally REEKED of vinegar all the time. Of all the postings, I'm not clear whether the pills work just as well for if it has to be the liquid form. Of those who are using acv now, do people complain of the smell? Please advise. Thank you very much.

Old 05-27-2003, 07:02 PM   #58
    Tart

Tart HB User
    Hey All,
    Got another question. As I mentioned earlier, I have been on ACV for 4 days now, and am finding it's helping to curb the appetite and also my cravings for carbs...this is a good thing!!
    BUT.....I was just wondering does taking this drink daily (you know with the water/honey) harm or affect in any dangerous way one's upper gastron. intestinal tract because of acidity/alkaline properties in the vinegar????
    I don't know if my family dr. would even know how to answer a question like that.
    Anyone have any thoughts on this?? Thanks.

Old 05-27-2003, 08:14 PM   #59
    jodimarie75

jodimarie75 HB User
    I started the Acv drink today but only used 1 tbsp of honey instead of 2. It really burned my throat..I used hot (very warm) water to make it like tea. I think tomorrow I will use 2tbsp of honey to cut the acid some more. Also, is this common.... I had a lot of gurgling in my stomach today and a lot of gas and burping...is this the Acv??? will it go away?? Any suggestions would be great! P.S I normally have a sensitive stomach to strong food/spices/harsh things.
    Jodi

Old 05-28-2003, 06:45 AM   #60
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Red face

Quote:
    Originally posted by cubbymommy:
    I was all excited to try this and I went out and bought it. I can not do it, it makes me hurl any suggestions? One of you said 2Tbls and then one said 2tsp. Will it work with just the 2tsp. I tried it with the lemon and honey but all I could taste was the ACV. I didn't even swallow, I had to spit it out. HELP!!!

~Tamari
    I know what you r going thru.It hurt my throat when I had my first drink.But the thought that this drink may aid in burning of my stored stubborn fat I just did not bother about the tangy taste..I just took it.And now I like the taste of it..You can slowly sip it..in that way ACV wont feel too strong or u can use straws...goodluck..

Closed Thread