It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Apple Cider Vinegar helps to loose weight

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-28-2003, 06:55 AM   #61
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by jodimarie75:
    I started the Acv drink today but only used 1 tbsp of honey instead of 2. It really burned my throat..I used hot (very warm) water to make it like tea. I think tomorrow I will use 2tbsp of honey to cut the acid some more. Also, is this common.... I had a lot of gurgling in my stomach today and a lot of gas and burping...is this the Acv??? will it go away?? Any suggestions would be great! P.S I normally have a sensitive stomach to strong food/spices/harsh things.
    Jodi
    Since your stomach is too sensitive then do take 2tbs spoon of honey with ACV as suggested by Vlasik and others.And pls do take it with warm water it will be much more gentle on your thoat and stomach.And if it still does not work you can increase the amount of water to one cup instead of 3/4 th cup.Others pls do correct me if am misleading jodimarie.Goodluck...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-28-2003, 07:10 AM   #62
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by jodimarie75:
    I started the Acv drink today but only used 1 tbsp of honey instead of 2. It really burned my throat..I used hot (very warm) water to make it like tea. I think tomorrow I will use 2tbsp of honey to cut the acid some more. Also, is this common.... I had a lot of gurgling in my stomach today and a lot of gas and burping...is this the Acv??? will it go away?? Any suggestions would be great! P.S I normally have a sensitive stomach to strong food/spices/harsh things.
    Jodi
    Since your stomach is too sensitive then do take 2tbs spoon of honey with ACV as suggested by Vlasik and others.And pls do take it with warm water it will be much more gentle on your throat and stomach.And if it still does not work you can increase the amount of water to one cup instead of 3/4 th cup.Others pls do correct me if am misleading jodimarie.Goodluck...

Old 05-28-2003, 07:42 AM   #63
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Question

Wow its been 4 days since I am on ACV and hope it gives me the same awesome results as it for u all.I jus' felt like saying thanx for sharing ur tips to succeed in weight loss journey.Am hoping I will succeed too.Am keeping my fingers crossed..

I was wondering jus' to stick with ACV strictly is it advisable to carry bottle of ACV recipe along with me while am out shopping as we tend to eat out sometimes when v have heavy shopping to do.Will ACV stale if I carry it in bottle.Is plastic bottle good enuf???

Has anyone lost inches in thighs and bums while on ACV diet and how long it took???Pld do remember your answers and suggestions will b a great inspiration to me..and u will make a lot of difference in my life...well u guys u already did...thanx again...

Old 05-28-2003, 07:42 AM   #64
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Question

Wow its been 4 days since I am on ACV and hope it gives me the same awesome results as it for u all.I jus' felt like saying thanx for sharing ur tips to succeed in weight loss journey.Am hoping I will succeed too.Am keeping my fingers crossed..

I was wondering jus' to stick with ACV strictly is it advisable to carry bottle of ACV recipe along with me while am out shopping as we tend to eat out sometimes when v have heavy shopping to do.Will ACV stale if I carry it in bottle.Is plastic bottle good enuf???

Has anyone lost inches in thighs and bums while on ACV diet and how long it took???Pld do remember your answers and suggestions will b a great inspiration to me..and u will make a lot of difference in my life...well u guys u already did...thanx again...

Old 05-28-2003, 11:06 AM   #65
    Nuttie
    (female)

Nuttie HB User
    Talking

I am new to this site and I saw this thread, I was very interested and went out and got myself some ACV and honey. I got home eager to try it but when I tasted it, well all I can say is that it it wasnt very nice at all! After reading all the threads I noticed that it doesnt really say how much water you should mix it with. Like one person mentioned I made it as if I was going to have a cup of tea and I let it cool down; but I found that a cup of this stuff is way too much for my taste buds and stomach to handle. Would it be ok if I just mixed it with as little water as I can and just down the stuff in one go?

I really hope this will work for me as I have tried all sorts of other stuff with no success Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Old 05-28-2003, 03:01 PM   #66
    may03

may03 HB User
    wow ,this is all new to me the acv information,thank you all ,I am definetly starting tomorrow,and who cares about the taste as long as this formula helps reach my ideal weight. thanks again

Old 05-28-2003, 03:47 PM   #67
    MzDietQueen
    (female)

MzDietQueen HB User
    Question

Hey LUVNPEACE,
    We're all anxiously waiting to hear your results!! When are you going to weigh?? I'm dying to know if it works for you. I hope it does!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/idea.gif Please let us know ASAP!! I like the idea that is is helping your cravings. Is it still curbing your cravings (mine are at night)?? Do you find that you're eating less too?? Yep, inquiring minds want to know..... (smile) I have a gallon bottle of acv in the cabinet now. Its good for some many other things too.... I think I'll try it anyway tonite, before I eat my sensible dinner. BTW,I'm on the Slimfast plan. I'm doing great on SF, but we all want to speed up the weight loss process if humanly possible. (smile) GOOD LUCK & THANKS A LOT!!!

~Kim~

Old 05-29-2003, 07:07 AM   #68
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Wink

Quote:
    Originally posted by MzDietQueen:
    Hey LUVNPEACE,
    We're all anxiously waiting to hear your results!! When are you going to weigh?? I'm dying to know if it works for you. I hope it does!!!! http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/idea.gif Please let us know ASAP!! I like the idea that is is helping your cravings. Is it still curbing your cravings (mine are at night)?? Do you find that you're eating less too?? Yep, inquiring minds want to know..... (smile) I have a gallon bottle of acv in the cabinet now. Its good for some many other things too.... I think I'll try it anyway tonite, before I eat my sensible dinner. BTW,I'm on the Slimfast plan. I'm doing great on SF, but we all want to speed up the weight loss process if humanly possible. (smile) GOOD LUCK & THANKS A LOT!!!

~Kim~
    You wont believe Kim am eager to weigh myself.I cud have done now but am scared to face the disappointment even though I have real good vibes about it.I started this on saturday I guess (I need to confirm from my prev messages I posted on board) so am planning to weigh myself on this saturday or latest sunday jus' to b on safer side.Yep I dont feel like eating much and even if I eat after a small portion I feel full.Not that am bad eater but yet this is helping me out.I jus' hope internally its doing all the work it needs to...burning of all my stubborn fat cells..hey u can ask as many querries as u want as long as it aids u in weight loss.But do me a favor please do start on your ACV diet..u dont have to wait on me to know whether it will work for u.Who knows it mite work for you as it did for others..I know any good news will inspire u like it did for me when i read abt Vlasik
    and others...I will definitely post my results once I weigh (+ve / -ve) but I just dont want you or anyone to get discouraged by my results if it did not work for me......but i definitely feel its working for me...good luck KIM...

WOW!!!!!!! even i wanted to try SF..Howz it???Is it real good meal replacement???

[This message has been edited by luvPeace (edited 05-29-2003).]

Old 05-29-2003, 07:13 AM   #69
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Wink

WEEKEND IS GETTING CLOSER...GOODLUCK EVERYONE..

Old 05-29-2003, 07:47 AM   #70
    sweetdreamer96

sweetdreamer96 HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by luvPeace:

I was wondering the same thing...anyone know? I will be going out of town on a business trip for 3 days and I was wondering if I could just mix up the honey and acv in a bottle, measure out the correct amount in a cup and then add the water.

Old 05-29-2003, 08:17 PM   #71
    MzDietQueen
    (female)

MzDietQueen HB User
    Wink

Luvnpeace,
    I've been on Slimfast for almost 8 1/2 weeks now. I've lost 17.5 lbs so far. I'm trying to lose 8 more lbs. (started Mar 25 at 170.5# - current 153#) I wanted to try ACV for a couple days to hopefully help me get off this plateau I've been on for 5-6 days. I took your advice and drank it 3x's today. Yuck!! However, I'll try anything once. (smile) As far as Slimfast, well I really LOVE it. I think it tastes great, especially because I have a sweet tooth. The shakes are great, especially when blended w/ice & frozen fruit and I LOVE the meal & snack bars. It just really works for me!!! It is such an easy & flexible diet plan. I LOVE IT!! I can't believe I've lost 17# in only 2 months. This is the first time I've lost this amount of weight without diet pills. WOO HOO!! I am truly MzDietQueen....will try even the extreme!! (he-he) Oooh that kinda rhymed. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Good luck over the weekend with the ACV. Be sure to let us know how it works for you. I'll do the same.
    ~Kim~

Old 05-30-2003, 08:07 AM   #72
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Smile

Quote:
    Originally posted by MzDietQueen:
    Luvnpeace,
    I've been on Slimfast for almost 8 1/2 weeks now. I've lost 17.5 lbs so far. I'm trying to lose 8 more lbs. (started Mar 25 at 170.5# - current 153#) I wanted to try ACV for a couple days to hopefully help me get off this plateau I've been on for 5-6 days. I took your advice and drank it 3x's today. Yuck!! However, I'll try anything once. (smile) As far as Slimfast, well I really LOVE it. I think it tastes great, especially because I have a sweet tooth. The shakes are great, especially when blended w/ice & frozen fruit and I LOVE the meal & snack bars. It just really works for me!!! It is such an easy & flexible diet plan. I LOVE IT!! I can't believe I've lost 17# in only 2 months. This is the first time I've lost this amount of weight without diet pills. WOO HOO!! I am truly MzDietQueen....will try even the extreme!! (he-he) Oooh that kinda rhymed. http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/dance.gif Good luck over the weekend with the ACV. Be sure to let us know how it works for you. I'll do the same.
    ~Kim~
    wow thats real cool.CONGRATS!!!!!.Good for u..Am in process of loosing 20 pounds and am no where yet.Hope this ACV helps.So u take SL as meal replacements if u do let me know so that I can replace some of my meals with it.And may be SL and coupled with ACV will let me reach my goal faster.But did u loose inches.You see am not that keen to loose weight but to loose inches on my lower part especially my biig fat thighs and that frustrates me a lot.Day before s'day I did some lunges and here am crippled with pain and can't excercise for sometime before my pain vanishes and I get dread feeling that I mite be adding pounds and inches as am not moving..let me know abt your SF success in inches then I mite go for some more shopping...wow weekend is getting real real closer...am scared what the scale is going to show...hey vlasik hope am lucky as u..GOODLUCK EVERYONE.....

[This message has been edited by luvPeace (edited 05-30-2003).]

Old 05-30-2003, 08:26 AM   #73
    luvPeace

luvPeace HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by Vlasik:

I had great results using the heinz brand. I lost 5 pounds the first week, and 3 to 4 pounds the weeks thereafter. After I acheived my ideal weight, I kept taking the drink(i am still taking it) and eating whatever I wanted at the same time. I am still slim, and plan to keep drinking this. To answer your question, yes, I lost inches too. My body changed a lot.
    Hey vlasik I was jus' going thru the ol' messages and just felt like asking you this - HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR U TO REACH YOUR GOAL??? http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/confused.gif Your answer will help me not to loose patience and stick on with ACV as I have 15 pounds to loose .Well its been a week since I took your advice and went for ACV.Am going to weigh myself tom'row..Hope am lucky as you..if not that lucky atleast lil' lucky few pounds down will be enuf to encourage me to stick with ACV..Thanx again..

Old 05-30-2003, 09:46 AM   #74
    cubbymommy

cubbymommy HB User
    What about the pills, I just can't stomic the liquid so I bought Jamieson slimdown super apple cider vinegar with added botanical fat burners (green tea). It says to take it 3 times a day with meals. Any thoughts on this do you think it can work the same as the liquid. I just started it today so I will let you all know if I have any success.

~Tamari

Old 05-30-2003, 11:00 PM   #75
    Vlasik

Vlasik HB User

Hey Lovepeace,

It took me about 3 weeks, and then(and up until today) I kept taking the drink so that I could maintain the weight that I had reached while eating whaever I wanted. Good Luck!!!

Closed Thread