It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Anybody tried Phentermine or Adipex?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-23-2003, 08:54 PM   #1
    Selina90

Selina90 HB User
    Question Anybody tried Phentermine or Adipex?

Hi, Has anybody used Phentermine or Adipex diet pills? My sister used Phentermine about six mos. ago and lost 35 lbs. and she looks awesome. She didn't have too many side effects, except I could tell she was a little hyper and maybe easily aggitated when she took them. She would bite her nails sometimes too, but other than that she was fine. I, on the other hand, took one and felt a funny feeling in my chest. It wasn't really pain. It was slightly tight and like a strange feeling. I didn't like it at all. I'm not used to the "up" feeling. I didn't even take the whole pill! I broke it in half (the adipex), and then I broke the half in half. So I took about 8 milligrams I guess. I know a girl that drinks a cup of coffee with her diet pill and feels nothing! I must be overly sensitive!

So I was wondering if anybody out there experienced this and maybe if it took a couple days to subside or what? Is there anything else I should try? I'm so upset. I was really looking forward to killing my appetite and losing the weight!!!! Now I don't know what to do! One of my friends says to take it again and give it a couple of days and get used to it and others tell me to find something else! I don't know what else is out there! It's not fair! My sister had such great results! Can anybody help me? I would really appreciate some honest input and suggestions on what to take, if not this. Thanks, Selina!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2003, 07:36 AM   #2
    mms72

mms72 HB User
    Hi!

I am currently taking Phentermine and having good results! I have lost 13 lbs-- its been about 5 1/2 weeks. And i've started exercising-but haven't really gotten on a schedule with it! It does really help control your appetite and cravings!

But it does have side effects in some at first-- what you experiences sounds kinda like what i felt the first week or so-- I would also get headaches and a weird neck pain-- but by the end of week one they pretty much stopped!

i found a great site phentermine dot com that has alot of info and a board similar to this one to talk about phentermine and side effects and results and all that stuff!!!!

Good luck!

Michelle

Old 06-24-2003, 07:54 PM   #3
    Las70

Las70 HB User
    OK. yes I have taken it and am taking it now. You aren't supposed to break the pills. It is a time released medicine. The 37.5 mgs are anyways. The info sheet that came with mine said that if they are broken it could make side effects worse....be careful. I too had the tightness of chest but after a few days it went away. If you are still concerned, check with your doctor about it...I mean, it couldn't hurt right? Good Luck.

Old 06-24-2003, 08:13 PM   #4
    Selina90

Selina90 HB User
    I ordered mine off the internet and my bottle says take half a pill in the morning and half a pill after lunch. So I thought they were telling me it was safe to break it. May I ask how old you are? I'm 37. I took these after I had my first daughter when I was 25 and I didn't have the chest side effect that I remember and I had great success, so I don't know if my age is catching up or if I should just give them a couple days and work my way up to taking a whole pill. Are you having weight loss success? Have you taken anything else?

Old 06-25-2003, 03:55 AM   #5
    Las70

Las70 HB User
    I am 33. I had my first daughter at 25 and a second at 27. I took Didrex about 2 years ago. I didn't really have any side effects with it. It is supposed to be stonger than Phen. but I don't remember it being any better. As a matter of fact I think I did better on the Phen. I don't know about the age factor. That might be something to research. Keep an eye on your blood pressure also. I never had a problem with mine but mine is normally pretty low. Like I said before if you are really concerned by all means talk to a doctor. Better to be safe than sorry right? Let me know what you find out.

Old 06-25-2003, 06:27 AM   #6
    XXDixieXX
    Veteran

XXDixieXX HB User
    Smile

Yes you can break the pill form in half. My doctor had told me to either take a whole one in the morning or half in the morning and half at lunch time. That why they have a mark on the pill in case you need to break them. Now the caps or time release 30mg but not the 37.5...In fact when I was on them couple of years ago my doctor had upped me to one and half in the morning but I wouldn't do that unless you are under a doctors care. I am taking one 37.5 in the morning right now and they are doing fine. I don't get side effect anymore but when I first started taking them I did. Now your body does get use to them so you must get off for a few weeks and start again...
    Good Luck everyone

Love,
    Dix http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 06-25-2003, 07:01 AM   #7
    Callie50
    (female)

Callie50 HB User
    My husband took phentermine for a month or two. He said he felt "hyped up" on them and he is used to drinking plenty of caffeine. He said he felt like his heart was beating too fast and like his chest was tight. It didn't seem to help with his appetite much and he didn't lose anymore weight than he would have without them.
    I have been using (half dose) Xenedrine EFX (without ephedra!) and it has helped with suppressing my appetite and I don't feel "hyped up".

------------------
    Mom2Lexy

Closed Thread