It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Weird.. But Contacts/Glasses & Weight loss

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2003, 08:28 PM   #1
    melissa9845

melissa9845 HB User
    Question Weird.. But Contacts/Glasses & Weight loss

Ok this is may seem very weird.. but im asking this because im wondering if its not just me.. Ok so i have glasses, but wear contacts constantly.. this past week, i have had to wear my glasses because my eye got extremely irratated. But Anyway.. so i notice when i wear my glasses, and look at myself i seem to look thinner than i do with my contacts on. Does this happen to anyone else? or are my eyes just really messed up ? I mean it always seems if my glasses are on im thinner, but when i put in my contacts, or have no glasses on or contacts in my eyes.. i seem like when i first started to lose weight ?? I dunno i told u it was weird lol.. Melissa http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

------------------
    SW: 118 lbs
    CW: 107 lbs
    GW: 100 lbs
    19 yrs.
    5' feet

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2003, 09:18 PM   #2
    Robbit
    (female)

Robbit HB User
    Wink

Hi Melissa: That is wierd! (or is it...) But hey anything helps some days! I actually have a "Magic Mirror"--it is in my bathroom and if I look in it I am far thinner that any other mirror in my house! I like to stand up on the side of the tub and pretend I really look like that! There is also a "Magic Mirror" at the Walmart I like to go to--in the ladies bathroom--the lighting is perfect and I always walk out thinking I look so refreshed and glowing! LOLOLOL

Take care--
    Robbit

Old 07-29-2003, 10:25 PM   #3
    Lindarella
    Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User
    Like you, I have glasses but only wear them when I'm giving my eyes a break from the contacts.

People see differently in glasses. There is a slight distortion with glasses due to the space between your eye and the glasses. With contacts, they sit directly on your eye so there is no space, hence, no distortion.

So no, you're not crazy.

Old 07-30-2003, 08:17 AM   #4
    melissa9845

melissa9845 HB User
    Question

Lindarella... so does this mean that i am the way i look w/ my glasses on or with my contacts.. lol.. ERRRRRRRR

it does make sence though, i believe ive heard that before about distortion, but i just couldnt attach it w/ the way i look lol..

------------------
    SW: 118 lbs
    CW: 107 lbs
    GW: 100 lbs
    19 yrs.
    5' feet

Closed Thread