It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Constant hunger feeling.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2003, 11:57 PM   #1
    rapoon

rapoon HB User
    Post Constant hunger feeling.

For about the past two weeks, I've had constant abdominal pain. I went to the doc yesterday and was prescribed some prevacid. I have a constant feeling of hunger, even after I eat a big meal. I have also had unexplained weight loss. I've lost 4 lbs the past week. I have been eating a little less. anyone had similar problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2003, 06:40 AM   #2
    Froggie98
    Inactive

Froggie98 HB User
    Did you tell your doctor about the weight loss?

I was on Prilosec (same as Prevacid) for a while and it made me hungry, too.

However, that doesn't explain the pain and the weight loss. You might want to tell your doctor about this if you haven't already.

Old 08-22-2003, 01:09 PM   #3
    rapoon

rapoon HB User
    yes I told him about the abdominal pain and weight loss. He said both can be symptoms of some gastro-intestine problem. It bothers be that even after I eat my stomach churns and hurts. The pain is a mixture of cramps/hunger pain/bloating. It really varies. It's usually worse after I eat. I have really lost my appetite lately. That is probably the explanation for the weight loss. *shrug*. the pain is dull but is in a specific location. right below my ribcage, about 4-5 inches above my bellybutton. almost dead center in the middle.

Old 08-22-2003, 04:13 PM   #4
    mandy32

mandy32 HB User
    Rapoon I had that problem before and what my dr said was that it could have been a blockage or just gas. In my case it turned out to be something far worse but the odds of that happening to you are very slim....Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Closed Thread