It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Women Sizing * Measurements * Please post your stats! Thanks.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-23-2003, 01:55 AM   #1
    Orchidz
    (female)

Orchidz HB User
    Question Women Sizing * Measurements * Please post your stats! Thanks.

Hi all,

I was checking some women sizes' charts and I still do not understand very well the relationship between the measurements of bust, waist, and hips in order to obtain the women size clothes. For example, 8, 10, 12, 14, etc.

In my case, I want to lose sizes more than weight. Of course that I would like both, but because I am doing exercise 5 times a week, I do not see that my weight is coming off. And I am getting frustrated. So today, I decided to look in measurements.

I am a size between 14/16 and getting the Large size. I would really appreciate if you can post your measurements (bust, waist, hips), your size, and your weight. In this way, I could get an idea what to look if I want to get on size 10.

Thanks for all your help,
    Orquidea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-23-2003, 09:29 AM   #2
    chipmunkis
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

chipmunkis HB User
    Re: Women Sizing * Measurements * Please post your stats! Thanks.

I find that so many of the clothes are different in the sizing anyhow. I am now able to get into a pair of size ten jeans, but then I have another pair of size 12's that are tight, so go figure...
    I'd like to say that I'm not aiming for a clothing size but I guess I am hoping to get back into a size 6... one day.

Old 11-23-2003, 11:09 AM   #3
    Orchidz
    (female)

Orchidz HB User

Thank you Jmars, it help me to get an idea. And you are right, I believe also that pant size is what we really think about our clothe size. May I know what is your weight and height. So, currently are you in size 8?

Chipmunkis, would you like to post your measurements and weight.

I want to know what real women measurements have. Because I went to Victorias Secrets sizing chart and the measurement on waist is diferent. Also I asked my roommate about her size, and her waist is 32 for pant size 12. According with VS, she has to be in size 16. :O

I hope that more women post their stats.

Thanks

Old 11-23-2003, 11:30 AM   #4
    Ashizzle
    Inactive

Ashizzle HB User

VS clothes run small unfortunately Their stuff is so cute! But I'm getting a shirt from there for Christmas, I hope it fits!!!

Old 11-23-2003, 06:37 PM   #5
    SnoBunE

SnoBunE HB User

Hi there! I'm very curious also as to what other people's sizes are and their measurements. I'm 27 years old, 5'6" and weigh 140. I currently wear a size 8 in almost every style of pants. (Ex. Old Navy, NY & Co., Calvin Klein, Ann Taylor) My measurements are 35" 30" 39.5"

Old 11-23-2003, 07:32 PM   #6
    zebra1

zebra1 HB User

Hey SnoBunE,I am 32 ,weight 142-145(depending on time of month) ,am 5'7",measurements are 38-27-38.Generally, I wear a size 4 and 6,depending on the garment and cut,at the GAP,a 6-8 at Old Navy and a 8 at CK.I find that there is ALOT of size irregularity at the gap.I went there one day and found a nice pair of leather pants in size 6,fit perfectly,came back the next week and tried on 8 pairs of size 6 leather pants till I found the one that fit,they were all different(and the sales clerk admitted sizing irregularity).My sizing problem is always too large in the waist if it fits on the chest,or too big at waist if the bottoms are fitting.

Old 11-23-2003, 08:09 PM   #7
    chipmunkis
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

chipmunkis HB User

Right now, my waist is 31, hips are 38 and butt is 39.5, and I fit into size 12's and one size 10 jeans. It is really frustrating to buy clothes when the sizes are so different- I've had the same thing where I try something on that should fit but isn't even close! drives me nuts.

Old 11-24-2003, 09:24 PM   #8
    camden
    Veteran

camden HB User

Waist 31", hips 42",(no bust to mention), weight 160lbs(that's what my scale says and I'm stickin to it!LOL). I wear a 13/15, all of the sizes used to be 10/12/14/16... but the last time I tried on pants all I could find were 11/13/15....When I weighed 140 my waist was still the same but my hips and thighs were smaller, I wore a size 12 and could get away with a ten in rare instances.

I firmly believe my waist is a 12 but my butt and tighs are a 16! I can fit my hand(pinky to belly, pointer to pant)in the waist of my pants and have them riding straight up my butt! I need a belt with all of my pants.

Old 11-27-2003, 03:18 PM   #9
    sazzle

sazzle HB User

I'm a UK size 10....think this is a US 6, maybe 5???
    My waist is 26, hips 35, bust 34?? And in UK i'm a medium usually, occasionally small.

Old 11-29-2003, 09:51 AM   #10
    Krystina661
    (female)

Krystina661 HB User

Size 3 (U.S) Waist 23, no idea about my hips and bust 36.

Old 11-29-2003, 02:40 PM   #11
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

My waist is 30" and my hips are 38". I don't know how come others here sound so different but I wear a 6 in dress pants lately and I even found a pair at target that I had to get a size 4 in and they are not tight on me at all. If I had bought the larger size I wouldn't have have been able to keep them up without a belt. I have jeans that are size 8 and I even have size 9 jeans that are way too small. I think it totally depends on the pants and the manufacturer. Right now I have a size 6 pair of cords that I did not try on in the store and they are a little too big in the waist but my waist is 30". I am from USA maybe others on this board are not living in the USA and where some of you live the sizing chart is different.

Old 11-30-2003, 04:26 PM   #12
    blondiebiker

blondiebiker HB User

5'8 34,26.5,34 size 4-6...135lbs
    totally depends on brand of clothes and how you are cut...some may have hips with thin legs, some have bootie some don't.
    also could have to do with where they measure hips at, makes a big diff.
    should measure at middle of butt....
    anyway

Old 12-02-2003, 05:57 AM   #13
    arietianz
    Inactive

arietianz HB User

How do you take your measurements?

Old 12-02-2003, 06:22 AM   #14
    chipmunkis
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

chipmunkis HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by arietianz
    How do you take your measurements?
    Firstly, I stand in front of the mirror so that I can be sure that I am measuring in the same place every week. I measure once a week (same as my weigh-ins) and do it first thing in the morning before eating or drinking. I measure across my chest at the largest part (I don't know if I can say n**ple line here) I measure my waist at my belly button, my hips, and my butt at the largest part. I also measure my thighs, again at the largest part. I find that measuring is a better indicator than weighing and I record ALL my measurements so that I can see, week to week, how much I have lost from the beginning and from the previous week.

Old 12-02-2003, 09:35 AM   #15
    blondiebiker

blondiebiker HB User

chest- around using nipples as point of center....have a bra on if breasts aren't as upright as they used to be.
    waist--normally belly button is a good point to use
    hips- around fullest area of butt
    there are some sketches and such on the web if you look for 'how to measure body".

Closed Thread