It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Starch/Carb blockers, have you tried them?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-05-2003, 09:29 AM   #1
    layney

layney HB User
    Wink Starch/Carb blockers, have you tried them?

Okay, here goes, my first post! After reading up on the blockers, I decided to try one. Diet pills have never worked for me, so I try to keep a low carb diet with regular (sometimes) excercise but when I do consume carbs, it seems to be at night after work or on the weekends. Since the majority of carb blockers are fairly inexpensive, I thought I would see if it helps. I bought a bottle of e/f Starch Blocker Phase 2 yesterday at Walmart for, like, 13$. Started taking them yesterday and was a little wary, as I've read they can cause, ahem, gas to put it indelicately. I didn't experience any side effects whatsoever, which was nice, so this morning I upped the dosage to what the bottle says is normal and still feel great--also, I am alot more satisfied with my breakfast than usual, not hungry at all even though I am usually STARVING by this time of the morning. So, does anyone else have any experience with these? Do you take them regularly, or only when you know a high carb meal is in the future? I am very curious. I have seen some reports that say they don't work, others that say they do, and some in the middle that say they only work in tandem with a very low carb diet. Gimme some input please!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2003, 04:09 PM   #2
    Kailaniece

Kailaniece HB User
    Re: Starch/Carb blockers, have you tried them?

I've used a couple brands and they seem to work well with my low carb diet. I use them in any meal where I have carbs other than from meat and veggies. It really seems to work. I've actually started adding some fruits into my regime and when I take the starch blockers before, my ketosis strips stay purple. When I don't, they stay beige. Get the strips, go very low carb to get into ketosis, then first try a meal where you take the pill b4 that has carbs. Or even do this for a day or week. then try without the pill. See what color you strip turns. Hope this helps! I like them.

Old 12-11-2003, 08:07 AM   #3
    layney

layney HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kailaniece
    I've used a couple brands and they seem to work well with my low carb diet. I use them in any meal where I have carbs other than from meat and veggies. It really seems to work. I've actually started adding some fruits into my regime and when I take the starch blockers before, my ketosis strips stay purple. When I don't, they stay beige. Get the strips, go very low carb to get into ketosis, then first try a meal where you take the pill b4 that has carbs. Or even do this for a day or week. then try without the pill. See what color you strip turns. Hope this helps! I like them.

Thanks for your reply! I have been using them off and on for a few days now, with absolutely NO side effects, other than I feel fuller than usual after I eat. Yay! I have been trying to stay fairly low carb, but struggling, so these help. I need to get some of those strips you mentioned so I can be sure where I am at.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:01 AM   #4
    lost44pounds

lost44pounds HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by layney
    Thanks for your reply! I have been using them off and on for a few days now, with absolutely NO side effects, other than I feel fuller than usual after I eat. Yay! I have been trying to stay fairly low carb, but struggling, so these help. I need to get some of those strips you mentioned so I can be sure where I am at.
    carb blockers do work

Old 12-26-2003, 11:23 AM   #5
    littlehollywoodstar
    (female)

littlehollywoodstar HB User

can u please tell me the names of a few of these.

Thanks

Old 12-26-2003, 02:21 PM   #6
    rmainor

rmainor HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kailaniece

What are the strips ? And where do you get them ? I using the Atkins approach to weight loss, do you think carbs blockers are a good idea ?

Old 12-27-2003, 10:14 PM   #7
    berza
    Inactive
    (female)

berza HB User

Has anyone heard of carb cheaters by Health Direct?

Closed Thread