It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Has anyone had success with the Slim Fast Plan?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-27-2003, 10:12 PM   #1
    berza
    Inactive
    (female)

berza HB User
    Question Has anyone had success with the Slim Fast Plan?

Hello All,
    I am currently trying to do the slimfast plan, and I would really like to hear some success stories or any comments regarding slim fast. Thanks a bunch..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2003, 11:00 PM   #2
    chickadee99

chickadee99 HB User
    Re: Has anyone had success with the Slim Fast Plan?

Hi,
    Well, my mom has used Slim Fast before. I can't say it helped, but I also can't say she used it on a regular basis. I think part of the reason she stopped is because of all the sugar it has in it... Isn't it one of the first ingredients, or am I just thinking of something else? I've seen the commercials where Slim Fast has worked for people, though, so I really don't know...I do know that our friend Mary started using and selling ********* a few years ago, and I think it helped her loose like 70+ pounds. It really did work for her. She is 5'1" and I remember a time when she weighed 250 pounds. She's gotten thinner and thinner and looks good. ********* is like a big program, and it has shakes, protein bars, vitamins and stuff like that. I have had the chocolate shakes, and they are really tasty. (You make them yourself.) In the spring, I won't be able to eat for 6 weeks due to a jaw surgery, so I want to get the ********* shakes-yum. You can check it out at *********.com. Sorry, I know you asked about Slim Fast!

Old 12-28-2003, 06:13 PM   #3
    bacardi73
    (female)

bacardi73 HB User

I tried the slim fast plan for about 6 months and I lost nothing. I followed it very regularly. I also tried the ********* diet and had no results, it only made me feel sick.

Old 12-28-2003, 06:22 PM   #4
    alleycat
    Senior Veteran

alleycat HB User

I tried it and am sorry to report to you it did nothing just wasted my money thats all. I have lately been doing the Richard Simmons Food Mover Gold plan and have already lost 20lbs.

Old 12-30-2003, 09:53 AM   #5
    jojo64
    Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

If you follow the plan, including the suggested diet and exercise plan, exactly then it will work because it is forcing you to eat low cal while burning more calories through excercise. Most people don't follow it exact which is why they say it failed. In reality they failed, not the diet.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:50 AM   #6
    angelf2003
    Inactive

angelf2003 HB User

I have tried it and it never really worked for me.

That said I like the new pastas and soups - good for quick lunches.

I NEED more food. This starvation diet basically never suited me. Only a tiny bit of pasta and two shakes doesn't really do it for me. I ended up cheating!

I am going to try the South Beach Diet as you can actually eat!

Slim Fast is too much sacrifice for litttle/no results.

Old 12-30-2003, 01:35 PM   #7
    Lindarella
    Senior Veteran

Lindarella HB User

The problem I see with the diet isnít so much whether it works. Iím sure if you follow it faithfully, you could probably lose weight. Weigh loss is more complex than drinking shakes. Itís about training yourself to quit eating so much, to quit making bad, high calorie low nutritious food choices. Itís about keeping it off forever. Even if this diet did work, what would be your plan 6 month,1 year, or 5 years from now? Youíll get mighty sick of drinking this stuff in 2 years.

Old 12-30-2003, 07:33 PM   #8
    alarose
    (female)

alarose HB User

Hey, I have been doing slim-fast for about 3 years (off and on) and it has worked great! It is actually a lot easier to follow than people think (even people who have tried it). The thing that people don't know is slim-fast recommends people to eat something (like fruit or salad, or veg) every two hours. I will say it takes awhile to get used to it, but I really love it. I really appriciate my food now. I'm not starved when it comes to the night meal, but I really enjoy it and thus eat slower. Also, it is really convienant for me because I'm at college and each meal is under a dollar so that is like a meal for a dollar. Every bit helps! It is also really quick and easy. Ok, three years ago I weighed 220 lbs and now I currently weigh 170. I still have about 20 pounds to go, and I plan to do it with slim-fast. If you are looking for real ideas and the 'real plan' go the slim-fasts website. It has a lot of fun stuff on there. Good luck!

Closed Thread