It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• TrimSpa+Wellbutrin...please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
    ElizabethLost

ElizabethLost HB User
    Question TrimSpa+Wellbutrin...please help!

Hi everyone.

Currenly, I am taking 150 mg Wellbutrin (for depression), .5 mg Xanax, Alesse birth control pill, Zytec D (occasionally, for allergies), Singular (occasionally for asthma) and albuterol (occasionally for asthma.

I really want to try TrimSpa. I gained about 20 lbs while taking Zoloft a few months ago although I was eating right 90% of the time and exercising about 4 times a week.

My MD prescribed me Wellbutrin ans said the Zoloft pounds should just "fall off". Well, I've lost maybe two lbs and that has been almost two months ago. I'm really fed up and this extra weight has taken it's toll on me. I don't want to leave my house b/c I feel so ugly. I have become extremely withdrawn, moody and I cry a lot. I'm 5'3'' and 127 lbs. I'm not "obese" but I certainly don't look good. I used to have a very toned stomach and wore a size 2. I'm sitting here in major pain my size 2 pants and can't hardly breathe. I feel really ashamed...especially after I worked SOOO hard to lose 30 lbs last year.

I have never taken any kind of weight loss supplement but I really would like to try Trimspa. Can I take it with all this other medication I am taking? If not, what CAN I take to speed up this weight loss. I have joined 2 gyms (one in my hometown and one in the town I work in) and still, I eat relatively healthy. I always opt for a healthy choice of food.

I am guessing I should call my md but I'm afraid he'll give me the run-around.

What do you all think? Please, please, please advise...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elizabeth

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 05:59 PM   #2
    tpopescu
    (female)

tpopescu HB User
    Re: TrimSpa+Wellbutrin...please help!

I know you don't want to deal with your doctor but the best thing for you to do is to call him. It's better to be safe than sorry. Just tell him, "Look, I need to know if it is safe for me to take these." He should tell you b/c he doesn't want you to do anything harmful to yourself. Good luck.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ElizabethLost
    Hi everyone.

Currenly, I am taking 150 mg Wellbutrin (for depression), .5 mg Xanax, Alesse birth control pill, Zytec D (occasionally, for allergies), Singular (occasionally for asthma) and albuterol (occasionally for asthma.

I really want to try TrimSpa. I gained about 20 lbs while taking Zoloft a few months ago although I was eating right 90% of the time and exercising about 4 times a week.

My MD prescribed me Wellbutrin ans said the Zoloft pounds should just "fall off". Well, I've lost maybe two lbs and that has been almost two months ago. I'm really fed up and this extra weight has taken it's toll on me. I don't want to leave my house b/c I feel so ugly. I have become extremely withdrawn, moody and I cry a lot. I'm 5'3'' and 127 lbs. I'm not "obese" but I certainly don't look good. I used to have a very toned stomach and wore a size 2. I'm sitting here in major pain my size 2 pants and can't hardly breathe. I feel really ashamed...especially after I worked SOOO hard to lose 30 lbs last year.

I have never taken any kind of weight loss supplement but I really would like to try Trimspa. Can I take it with all this other medication I am taking? If not, what CAN I take to speed up this weight loss. I have joined 2 gyms (one in my hometown and one in the town I work in) and still, I eat relatively healthy. I always opt for a healthy choice of food.

I am guessing I should call my md but I'm afraid he'll give me the run-around.

What do you all think? Please, please, please advise...

Old 01-13-2004, 07:39 AM   #3
    ElizabethLost

ElizabethLost HB User

I am going to do that today. I guess I am just afraid he will tell me I can't do it and then I'll be sad.

Thanks again!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elizabeth

Old 01-13-2004, 03:33 PM   #4
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

WhiskersOnKittens HB User

ElizabethLost,
    I too, gained about 20lbs on Zoloft. I've been off of it for about a year and a half now, and I CANNOT lose the weight. Eating and exercise habits haven't changed, so I just have to keep trying different things.... I bought Winsor Pilates, and I will give that a try. After about 4 months of being on Zoloft, I actually lost about 10 lbs (I think it was because I had energy again, and was back to my regular weight--before I got depressed), and then I remained on the Zoloft for about a year and 4 months after that, and during that time, I gained 20lbs. I took myself off cold-turkey because I was SSSOOOO upset about all the weight I was putting on (I'm 5'3 and 140lbs--my regular weight when I'm not depressed, is about 115-120), and worked out like a mad-woman for over a year now, and not one pound have I lost.... Now, I am beginning to see symptoms of depression in myself again (crying at the smallest little thing that goes wrong, can't handle stress, can't sleep at night so I have to during the day, etc.--I'm still eating right and exercising though), and I should go back on meds probably, but I am not ready to at this point because I am so upset about this weight. When I got angry at my psyc. for not telling me in advance that I might gain weight, she said that she thought I had an eating disorder that was sitting dormant, and that's why I was so angry!!! So, to say the least, I think if I go to a psychiatrist again, I will have a hard time trusting him or her. Anyways, I know this story isn't very inspirational, but I just wanted you to know that I'm in the same boat with you.
    Cassi

Old 01-14-2004, 11:56 AM   #5
    ElizabethLost

ElizabethLost HB User

Cassi,

Wow. I feel your pain, that's for sure. My normal weight in which I feel decent about myself is 109 lbs.

Last summer, I did a bikini contest (very, very intoxicated. something I would not normally do b/c I feel so horrible about the way I look.) and won $400. I looked back at the pictures and just cried. And to think, I felt FAT then...and I'm 125-127 now, no abs, no muscle tone, big flanks, cellulite EVERYWHERE.

The good news is, the MD said I could do TrimSpa. She said I will probably feel like I"m on speed given I have a fast heart rate and am already on Wellbutrin. She also suggested that I take Echinacea and a multi enzyme to help flush the zoloft out of my system. She said that if I experience negative side effects, to just quit taking it. She said everyone's body reacts differently and she couldn't say what it would do.

So, I'm off to GNC today...wish me luck...and I wish you luck as well.

Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Old 01-15-2004, 01:30 AM   #6
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Elizabeth,
    Wow, well, I do wish you good luck with the TrimSpa. I can't believe there are actually people out there who know EXACTLY how I feel about myself. I know what you mean about you thinking you were fat before--I felt my best at 112 or so, I just felt like I was attractive, I liked the way I looked in the mirror, but if I was 115 or 120, I felt fat and didn't really like my looks. Now, I would do almost anything to be down to 115. And the thing is that, I can't seem to find a solution. I work out and eat right, and I still can't lose the weight... I had a blood test to see if it was my thyroid, and I guess that's not it... So, what next? I was even on a soup and salad diet (recommended by my doc), to lose weight for 3 weeks (5 days a week), and I didn't lose 1lb!!! I thought that was absolutely amazing... That's when I figured that it was probably my thyroid, but then the tests come back normal. Such confusion! Well, let me know if TrimSpa works for you. And make sure you let us all know how you're doing.
    Cassi

Old 01-15-2004, 08:32 AM   #7
    ElizabethLost

ElizabethLost HB User

Cassi,

How long have you been Zoloft free?

My MD told me that Zoloft can stay in one's system a very, very long time. That is why I think I am having so much trouble w/ my weight loss endeavors. He recommended I take a multi enzyme, echinecea and golden seal to help flush the Zoloft remains out of my system. He told me that it may take awhile but as soon as the Zoloft is all gone, the weight should "fall off". but dammit, it needs to hurry the hell up!

I took my first trim spa pill at 9 am this morning. So far, no crazy side effects or anything. My Mother begged me not to take it b/c I have mitral valve prolapse and am on wellbutrin (increased amount of caffiene can cause seizures while taking wellbutrin). But I don't use caffiene at all. No caffiened diet drinks or coffee. So, I'm assuming the 20% caffiene that is in the trim spa won't hurt me as long as I don't use it for like a year or something. And I'm only taking 150 mg of Wellbutrin.

Wellbutrin hasn't done much for my depression but it has helped me cut down on smoking. I was up to a pack a day and now I'm down to a pack every 3 days...and I'm not smoking at all at work. Guess something good is coming out of it?

Well, I will take another trim spa around 3 pm today...and I will report back on how I am feeling...wish me luck.

Luv,
    Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Old 01-15-2004, 03:19 PM   #8
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Hi Elizabeth,
    I took myself off of the Zoloft in October 2002, so about a year and a half or so now. I've never heard that you should take a multi-enzyme or anything, but thanks for the advice--anything that might help speed this up will be very useful. I just keep thinking "well, sooner or later, it'll all be out of my system and I'll lose weight" but I never thought it would take this long..... That's what makes me wonder if it's only the Zoloft... I'm currently on other medications such as Alesse (birth control), and Advair (for asthma), and also just a regular ventolin inhalor. I don't think any of those could be causing the inability to lose weight though.
    Cassi

Old 01-15-2004, 09:39 PM   #9
    KellyAllison

KellyAllison HB User

Unfortunately, it is true that many selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors used to treat depression cause weight gain with long-term use (6-12 months). A search in scientific publications highlight this side effect (as well as sexual dysfunction), but I think psychiatrists won't give this information unless you ask. Their goal is to treat your depression, of course, not manage your weight.

Old 01-16-2004, 08:15 AM   #10
    ElizabethLost

ElizabethLost HB User

Cassi,

Interesting...

I'm on Aleese as well. I also have asthma and take Singular and Ventolin.

However, I have been on Aleese for 3 years and managed to lose 30 + lbs while on it. I've also always taken an inhaler and I don't take Singular everday. And there is nothing about weight gain listed in the side effects of Singular.

I took another TrimSpa yesterday at 12 pm. By 3, I was literally bouncing off the walls and euphoric. I couldn't stop laughing. I even laughed in our afternoon staff meeting...ooops. But I've been so depressed and been in such horrible moods, I don't think my co-workers minded.

I also made many trips to the bathroom. 6 to be exact. And not to be gross, but it was mostly diarrhea. I didn't have a lot of cramping though so that was good.

I worked out after work and my slap happiness wore off. I was able to go to sleep w/ no problems as well.

I monitored my heart rate and it didn't change. That is what I was most concerned about. And if you can believe this...it actually was down while exercising and it is usually 179 (normal, I have a fast heart rate). It was 165 and I was gushing sweat.

I went home and ate a Zone protein bar and a blueberry smoothie. I got extremely sick to my stomach and thought I was going to throw up. I laid down and it went away.

I'm in a horrible mood today b/c it toook so much effort to get these pants on this morning. I paid $80 at Express for them and they are 3s. I was literally sweating this morning trying to pour myself into them. They have stretched outa bit and look ok now. I'm just so sick of all my skinny *** friends...

Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Old 01-19-2004, 01:59 AM   #11
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Elizabeth,
    I feel your pain... Hang in there. I'm bound and determined to lose this weight and although I am so frustrated and terribly angry with my psyc for not telling me about the weight gain, there's not to much I can do about it now. I've been trying really hard not to think about my weight lately. Some days I think I look ok, and others, I think I've gained about 5 more pounds, but I really try not to notice. Since I'm doing Winsor Pilates now (and I have been for 5 days), I'm starting to feel better, I'm getting better at all the exercises and I'm envisioning myself in a skinnier body that I am more comfortable with. And I'm enjoying it (for the most part), quite a bit too. This week I'm going to try to add some cardio as well to the mix, and try to keep that up. It's just SSSOOOO hard to do when I've done it for so long with no results... I've lost almost all motivation. But I know that I should at least try.
    (That's weird that we're on almost the same meds--I haven't heard anywhere that Alesse will make you gain weight, and I've done a lot of research, and I've been told by a lot of people that Advair will not make you gain weight either--I too have been on ventolin for a long time.. About 10 or 11 years now) so I'm assuming that it is indeed still the Zoloft that is the culprit).
    Cassi

Old 01-19-2004, 07:29 AM   #12
    KellyAllison

KellyAllison HB User

I've been on Alesse for at least a year now, I think, and it hasn't made me gain weight.

Old 01-19-2004, 11:34 AM   #13
    ElizabethLost

ElizabethLost HB User

I do think it is the Zoloft indeed.

Well, I'm up to 4 TrimSpas per day. My appetite is somewhat surpressed but I gave into pizza on Friday. I'm really not sure what I should be expecting at this point. I've just been using it for 5 days. However, I hear some people lose like 4 lbs in 5 days while on it.

I'm very discouraged. But I was closely examining my eating habits this weekend and I do cheat. Just like with the pizza. I was sooo hungry Friday afternoon after my breakfast, one snack, lunch and one snack...I tore into that pizza. Thank goodness it was only two pieces of thin crust cheese.

Elizabeth

Old 01-21-2004, 03:14 AM   #14
    WhiskersOnKittens
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Aw, Elizabeth--try not to worry about cheating. Usually over the weekend I allow myself to have take out food (so, once a week). I've heard that there are many positives to allowing yourself a "cheat day". I can't tell you exactly why but I think it has something to do with your metabolism. What I've been *trying* to do lately, is eat about 5 small meals a day, instead of larger ones. That revs up your metabolism as well (long explination), so I'm hoping that doing the Pilates and eating the 5 meals will do the trick... I'll have to wait and see I guess. I haven't had any luck with any diet pills and I've tried a few. But I've heard from people that they sometimes do help, so I guess it just depends on your own body. Anyways, good luck!
    Cassi
    P.S. Make sure you let me know what happens with those pills.. I'm curious if they do work or not.

Old 01-22-2004, 07:59 AM   #15
    ElizabethLost

ElizabethLost HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassi
    Aw, Elizabeth--try not to worry about cheating. Usually over the weekend I allow myself to have take out food (so, once a week). I've heard that there are many positives to allowing yourself a "cheat day". I can't tell you exactly why but I think it has something to do with your metabolism. What I've been *trying* to do lately, is eat about 5 small meals a day, instead of larger ones. That revs up your metabolism as well (long explination), so I'm hoping that doing the Pilates and eating the 5 meals will do the trick... I'll have to wait and see I guess. I haven't had any luck with any diet pills and I've tried a few. But I've heard from people that they sometimes do help, so I guess it just depends on your own body. Anyways, good luck!
    Cassi
    P.S. Make sure you let me know what happens with those pills.. I'm curious if they do work or not.

Cassi,

When I was in the process of losing 35 lbs, I researched nutrition and fitness until I was blue in the face. And you are right...eating 5-6 small meals per day does aid in long term weight loss.

I used to do this so well. I'd pack my little yogurt and slice of turkey, protein shake, lean cusine, LF cheese and crackers for work. Then eat a salad or vegtables for dinner. I was so good!

But now, I'm strapped for cash and I just have eat as healthily as I can. I invested in some inexpensive but good whey protein shakes and bars that I rely on. And beans! Beans are a great diet food but geeeez, I get so sick of them...

I need to get my finances straight...I think I'll be OK after this next pay period...and then I can go to the grocery and get the expensive diet stuff. LOL. I also plan on getting some chicken breasts and lean meat and making chicken wraps, chicken salads, etc. and eating leftovers for lunch. I used to cook a lot while I was dieting hard but now, my time is extremely limited. Another obstacle I need to find some way around!

I had a freaky experience on Trim Spa the other day. I was trying to go to sleep but I kept hearing my blood pressure...my pulse. and it was sooo rapid. So, I took it using my Mother's BP and pulse calculator and it was 155! And I was in the bed! So, I called the # and asked what to do...they told me not to worry, it would go down. And to cut back dosage...and then asked if maybe i was experiencing a panic attack!? Of course, I have those all the time and it was possible but still...

Anyway, still popping the suckers. And working out like an insane person on this new routine. I'm hoping SOMETHING positive will happen...so far, NOT good.

Give me an update!

Luv,
    Elizabeth

Elizabeth

Closed Thread