It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Real lemon vs. lemon juice

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2004, 10:03 AM   #1
    mindfunkie

mindfunkie HB User
    Question Real lemon vs. lemon juice

hi, i know drinking water with lemon is beneficial and can aid in weightloss but i was wondering if using lemon juice that comes in a bottle is the same as using fresh lemon juice. i'd find myself using lemon in water more often if i could take a bottle of lemon juice into work and stashing it in the fridge. any input would be appreciated. thanks..

The Following User Says Thank You to mindfunkie For This Useful Post:
    nachodon (12-21-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2004, 12:29 PM   #2
    coley91

coley91 HB User
    Re: Real lemon vs. lemon juice

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mindfunkie
    hi, i know drinking water with lemon is beneficial and can aid in weightloss but i was wondering if using lemon juice that comes in a bottle is the same as using fresh lemon juice. i'd find myself using lemon in water more often if i could take a bottle of lemon juice into work and stashing it in the fridge. any input would be appreciated. thanks..
    I think its just as beneficial. I also have started to use lemon juice in my water. It also is a good antiauxident (spelling) Good cancer fighting agent.

Nicole

Old 01-12-2004, 08:37 PM   #3
    Aurora M.

Aurora M. HB User

sometimes I find that the lemon juice from the bottle tastes a little chemicaly but not all the time. I don't like the way it tastes in cold water though, but it's just as good as real lemons in hot water. I think there's really no difference, just a matter of personal preference

Old 01-13-2004, 12:24 AM   #4
    suzi47cmt

suzi47cmt HB User

If you buy the Minute Maid brand lemon juice, which is found in the frozen juices section of the supermarket it is the very same as fresh lemon juice, as it is ALL lemon juice. The Real Lemon brand lemon juice, has some additives or something, and it is not as palatable. I therefore wonder about it's efficacy, compared to pure lemon juice.

Good luck.

Suzi

Closed Thread