It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Fiji Bottled Water

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-23-2004, 10:28 AM   #1
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User
    Fiji Bottled Water

They say the best way to lose weight is to excercise, moderate your food intake and drink LOTS of water. I am comparing different bottled waters and did some research on the Fiji bottled water and by what the website shows and it is in detail, it seems to be a very good source of water. Has anyone ever drank this water? If so, do you like it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2004, 11:10 AM   #2
    etIII
    (male)

etIII HB User
    Talking Re: Fiji Bottled Water

Quote:
    Originally Posted by singer1
    They say the best way to lose weight is to excercise, moderate your food intake and drink LOTS of water. I am comparing different bottled waters and did some research on the Fiji bottled water and by what the website shows and it is in detail, it seems to be a very good source of water. Has anyone ever drank this water? If so, do you like it?
    Hello Singer1!
    I live on the tropical isle of Guam a few hundred miles east of Fiji. I would say our water is probably about the same tho'. Our public water system is monitored by U.S. Enviromental protection standards and is quite good. There's bottled water made in Guam also, yet I don't waste my money on it. As far as I've been concerned, bottled water is a fear induced scam. True, some places I'd be afraid to drink the local water. If you'd like to spend more $$$ then try the Fiji water. I saw the advertisement also and wasn't impressed. I can even make "virgin coconut oil" out here. It's not made by virgins though! My mother-in-law makes it, then has it blessed by a Priest. We use it for whatever ails us. I could bottle both and make some extra cash, or you could buy a "pet rock". I remember back in the 70's and 80's this "As-Seen-On-TV", amazing stick. It came in a commercially wrapped plastic bag. All you had to do was lay it in a pot of dirt and water it and it grew! We use that for BBQ wood. It grows like weeds here. The "Amazing Prayer Plant" is also a weed here. I'd love to sell that one also, because I can't get rid of it any other way. I sure hope you can laugh about the funny things people try to sell us as I can.

Old 01-23-2004, 11:23 AM   #3
    singer1
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

singer1 HB User
    Re: Fiji Bottled Water

Quote:
    Originally Posted by etIII
    Hello Singer1!
    I live on the tropical isle of Guam a few hundred miles east of Fiji. I would say our water is probably about the same tho'. Our public water system is monitored by U.S. Enviromental protection standards and is quite good. There's bottled water made in Guam also, yet I don't waste my money on it. As far as I've been concerned, bottled water is a fear induced scam. True, some places I'd be afraid to drink the local water. If you'd like to spend more $$$ then try the Fiji water. I saw the advertisement also and wasn't impressed. I can even make "virgin coconut oil" out here. It's not made by virgins though! My mother-in-law makes it, then has it blessed by a Priest. We use it for whatever ails us. I could bottle both and make some extra cash, or you could buy a "pet rock". I remember back in the 70's and 80's this "As-Seen-On-TV", amazing stick. It came in a commercially wrapped plastic bag. All you had to do was lay it in a pot of dirt and water it and it grew! We use that for BBQ wood. It grows like weeds here. The "Amazing Prayer Plant" is also a weed here. I'd love to sell that one also, because I can't get rid of it any other way. I sure hope you can laugh about the funny things people try to sell us as I can.
    You have a great point!

Old 01-23-2004, 04:07 PM   #4
    Sebum
    (male)

Sebum HB User

Does it really matter? Water is water isn't it?

Btw, I have a relative that lives in Guam!

Old 01-24-2004, 06:57 AM   #5
    FiChna
    (female)

FiChna HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by singer1
    i tried it once and it taste good-but i only brought it cause i couldn't find glaceau's smart water

but since i brought up smart water i must say is a very good water as well especially if you are working out-its water with electrolites. it taste good and the come in large bottles so its easier to watch how much you are drinking. i have been drinking smart water for YEARS, and i always feel pretty good after drinking it. although i don't have any medical evidence to back it up its worth a try and its not that expensive either. (where i live it is cheaper that fuji) it should be at your local health stores

Old 01-24-2004, 07:11 AM   #6
    suzi47cmt

suzi47cmt HB User

well, here goes....I may sound biased, but I live in Maine, and my family has been drinking Poland Springs water for generations. It is from springs here in Maine, deep below the ground. It is pure, clean, clear, and wonderful. I have crohns disease and an ileostomy, and must drink TONS of water. This water is the best. I have tried a LOT of other bottled waters out there, including Fiji, just to see if I liked any of it better. I also have researched them.

Just a short while ago, a person with a personal grudge against Poland Springs started a big rumor about it not being good water, and that it was not pure, and not from real springs, etc.. etc... Well they were proven wrong, and it was all settled out of court. Poland Springs personally sent me a letter, letting me know what went on. Mainly because I have a water cooler in my home that I purchase the Poland Spring water for.

I have well water here in my home, but I prefer the clear, clean taste of the Poland Springs water.

I hope this helps. (and no, I dont work for Poland Springs, LOL).

Good health to you.

Suzi

Closed Thread