It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Metabolife 356 / Metabolife Ultra?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-04-2004, 05:49 PM   #1
    DoeZ0763
    Veteran
    (female)

DoeZ0763 HB User
    Question Metabolife 356 / Metabolife Ultra?

I have always taken the original Metabolife 356 and now I've purchased the Ultra...(by accident) Does anyone know the difference between the two? (And please don't say the ephedra...I realize they've taken it out) Will I still get my great energy and keep the weight off? Any answers here are appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2004, 08:46 PM   #2
    Shane S

Shane S HB User
    Re: Metabolife 356 / Metabolife Ultra?

The main difference is that they've swapped ephedrine for synephrine. It should reduce jitteriness but at the same time be much less effective.

Old 02-06-2004, 07:49 AM   #3
    DoeZ0763
    Veteran
    (female)

DoeZ0763 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shane S
    The main difference is that they've swapped ephedrine for synephrine. It should reduce jitteriness but at the same time be much less effective.
    I'm sorry I don't understand...what is this "synephrine"? How does it differ from ephedrine? What do you mean be "much less effective"? Do you take the Ultra? Just curious here...I liked my original 356 now I'm stuck with 3 bottles of the ultra...I want it to do the same thing the 356 did...ya know?!... I just want to maybe loose a few or at least maintain the weight I'm at now.

Last edited by DoeZ0763; 02-06-2004 at 07:51 AM.

Old 02-06-2004, 04:34 PM   #4
    Shane S

Shane S HB User

Synephrine is basically a toned down version of ephedrine. In theory, it won't stimulate the heart as much. It's safer but also less effective. Unfortunately, most fat burners without ephedra just can't compete with those that do have it.

I'm not on Ultra and am not really a big fan of fat burners myself.

Old 12-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #5
    RedRobynNAU3
    (female)

RedRobynNAU3 HB User

So...this will probably be looked down upon, I know, but I only use Metabolife occasionally during PMS to curb my appetite...I can eat like you would NOT believe. Any other time of the month, I can control my eating habits normally...but not during PMS!!

Anyway, I have tried the 3 different types of Metabolife. The regular (w/ephedrine), the ephedrine free in the white bottle, and the Ultra. I always liked the rush the ephedrine gave me as well...it gave me SO much energy! But it WAS nervous energy, and I could definitley feel it in my heart. The epedrine free did absolutely NOTHING to curb my appetite, and did not give me any energy at all.

That brings me to the Ultra. It's my fave so far!! None of the nervous energy (which, at some times was annoying...), none of the weird heart things...and it curbs my appetite wonderfully!!

Let me know what you think of it!

Closed Thread