It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-24-2004, 11:17 AM   #1
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User
    Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

Well where should i start? I was the original poster of a bunch of Lipovarin threads. I wanted to post a new thread so people could read my story and what happened. I have never had a problem with diet pills making me feel bad and always looking for new ways to lose weight since i gained 150lbs of extra weight when i got pregnant. Well i reviewed trimspa long and hard after anna nicoles story. While researching i came up with a pill i had never heard of called Lipovarin. They sounded too good to be true. I did weeks of research, posts and everything else. After that time i felt VERY confident on trying them. When i got them i took 1 pill in the morn 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the night. I at first thought i was thinking of things going wrong with me. Its hard to explain how I felt but i felt full to the point where i had a 500lb rock trying to go down my throat all the way to my belly. Felt like something was stuck and i got super bloated. I did get hungry and when i ate i felt awful like i was expanding.. it hurt to eat so i couldnt. That night i had to lay down all night bc i felt awful. By the way these pills gave me the opposite of energy, i was exhauted. So the next day I tried 2 pills only bc i lost weight. I felt even worse. At this time my throat kept feeling funny same as before. I felt my heart racing.. so again another awful night.. well the next day i tried 1 pills which was yesterday.. felt the same.. but worse.. my head started hurting.. i had blurry vision, my throat was closing up and i couldnt breathe well at all.. i at that time called my husband who is an emt/firefighter and then almost went to the ER.. i took benadryl and the sympoms subsided after a while.. i was left with a migrain all night.. anyhow my point is i will never take diet pills again.. i am a mother of a 2 1/2 little boy and risking my life isnt worth it.. i was never a big fan of diet pills but i didnt hesitate to try one if i felt i did enough of the research.. i know a lot of people dont have any reactions to this pill or any but i was once that person.. this is the 1st pill that did this to me and it could have ended my life.. i am not being over dramatic either so i just want everyone to be careful. I needed the quick fix to see results and i did but it wasnt worth the side effects that came with it..
    i am very happy for the people its working for, not bitter at all.. i just want to stress to be so careful and if u feel bad dont keep doing it bc u think its gonna get better bc for me it got worse.. from now on im not after the quick fix i am after a long term goal that i will get from working out and eating right. i still plan on trying to nutrisystem in hopes it will teach me portion control and everything else... i will still post as often as i can and i wish everyone good luck.. i wanted to share my story bc i know there are people out there who feel like crap from these or other diet pills and they think its going to get better, it might but for me it didnt.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2004, 07:35 PM   #2
    ItailanRDer

ItailanRDer HB User
    Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Well where should i start? I was the original poster of a bunch of Lipovarin threads. I wanted to post a new thread so people could read my story and what happened. I have never had a problem with diet pills making me feel bad and always looking for new ways to lose weight since i gained 150lbs of extra weight when i got pregnant. Well i reviewed trimspa long and hard after anna nicoles story. While researching i came up with a pill i had never heard of called Lipovarin. They sounded too good to be true. I did weeks of research, posts and everything else. After that time i felt VERY confident on trying them. When i got them i took 1 pill in the morn 1 in the afternoon and 1 in the night. I at first thought i was thinking of things going wrong with me. Its hard to explain how I felt but i felt full to the point where i had a 500lb rock trying to go down my throat all the way to my belly. Felt like something was stuck and i got super bloated. I did get hungry and when i ate i felt awful like i was expanding.. it hurt to eat so i couldnt. That night i had to lay down all night bc i felt awful. By the way these pills gave me the opposite of energy, i was exhauted. So the next day I tried 2 pills only bc i lost weight. I felt even worse. At this time my throat kept feeling funny same as before. I felt my heart racing.. so again another awful night.. well the next day i tried 1 pills which was yesterday.. felt the same.. but worse.. my head started hurting.. i had blurry vision, my throat was closing up and i couldnt breathe well at all.. i at that time called my husband who is an emt/firefighter and then almost went to the ER.. i took benadryl and the sympoms subsided after a while.. i was left with a migrain all night.. anyhow my point is i will never take diet pills again.. i am a mother of a 2 1/2 little boy and risking my life isnt worth it.. i was never a big fan of diet pills but i didnt hesitate to try one if i felt i did enough of the research.. i know a lot of people dont have any reactions to this pill or any but i was once that person.. this is the 1st pill that did this to me and it could have ended my life.. i am not being over dramatic either so i just want everyone to be careful. I needed the quick fix to see results and i did but it wasnt worth the side effects that came with it..
    i am very happy for the people its working for, not bitter at all.. i just want to stress to be so careful and if u feel bad dont keep doing it bc u think its gonna get better bc for me it got worse.. from now on im not after the quick fix i am after a long term goal that i will get from working out and eating right. i still plan on trying to nutrisystem in hopes it will teach me portion control and everything else... i will still post as often as i can and i wish everyone good luck.. i wanted to share my story bc i know there are people out there who feel like crap from these or other diet pills and they think its going to get better, it might but for me it didnt.
    HI, I'm glad i read your story, I found these 'natural' diet pills so I desided to take them figuring since they are natural they cant hurt me. Well I've been on them for about 4 days now and my throat does seem tighter or almost smaller where I can't get enough air into my lungs after each breathe(i kinda have to keep taking bigger ones) Is this due to the diet pills? should I stop taking them before it gets worse?

Old 03-24-2004, 08:49 PM   #3
    Just-A-Boy
    Veteran
    (male)

Just-A-Boy HB User
    Exclamation Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

I think you should of STOPPED taking the pills after the first result!

But I am GLAD that you are okay now...

I wonder if you read the warnings behind the bottle... because with any diet supplement they always caution about allergic reactions!

Old 03-25-2004, 07:33 AM   #4
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

Italian i would stop taking them.. you are describing pretty much what i felt..let me know what u decide to do and good luck..

Old 03-25-2004, 08:42 AM   #5
    DeniLee
    (female)

DeniLee HB User

Wow! I'm glad you're OK. I do remember you posting asking everyone about Lipovarin. I had heard it gave great results too. I decided not to try it because I could not find much about it on the internet. I'm like you, I gained weight after having a baby and cannot get it off. I also do a ton of research before trying any diet pill. Most people are taking 6 pills a day of Trimspa, but when I started out, I only took 2 pills a day, just to make sure I didn't feel any adverse reaction, and I go to the doctor's every 3 months to make sure my health is good. I'm sorry you had a bad reaction, thank goodness you are OK.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:41 PM   #6
    KOA Spyder

KOA Spyder HB User

I have had the same problem with my throat closing up. I was taking Hydroxycut the ephedra free and I woke up one night couldnt breathe well, I made a post about this somewhere on the pages of weight loss I think. My hearted started racing I thought I was gonna have to go to the doctor it finally went away after 2 hours but for the next week or two I would wake up feeling like I couldnt breathe right still but not as worse. I threw the pills away and stopped taking anything. I am now takin the hydroxycut caffeine free and have had no problems with it. I might have been alergic to high amounts of caffeine I dunno but I dont drink coffee or soda much at all so im not sure.

Old 03-26-2004, 07:39 AM   #7
    Estrella26

Estrella26 HB User

This sounds very scary. I am happy you are now well. I just received my supply of Lipovarin yesterday, and began taking the recommended dose (3 pills in the morning before my breakfast), but now that I have read your story about your throat closing up and other effects, I am terrified. I am not sure if I should take my next dose in the afternoon. There is no warning info on the bottle label at all. When I called to order Lipovarin, I did ask about what the warning signs, but they did not have this info either.

I suffer from GERD, and there have been times that I have had problems with diet supplements making it worse. I am also afraid this will happen with Lipovarin. I have also tried Anorex, which affected my GERD tremendously. When I read the warning info on the Anorex, it did say that if you suffer from an ulcer or heartburn, you should not take Anorex, so I stopped.

I had an experience of my throat closing, but it was with TrimSpa. I only took it for 2 days and stopped after experiencing that feeling.

Old 03-26-2004, 08:12 AM   #8
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

Deni thanks for your post.. how are u doing on trimspa?
    wish u all the best!

Old 03-26-2004, 08:16 AM   #9
    Snowbunnie

Snowbunnie HB User

KOA i know its an awful exp. i am glad u are doing well on the new pills.. after that happened to me i just said no more pills i cant risk it.. i have to do it the "right" way even if it is the slow way.. but hey im so glad they are working for ya!
    Est all i can say is be very very careful.. esp if u have had problems in the past taking diet pills,.. let me know what u decide to go.. good luck and keep in touch

Old 03-26-2004, 08:52 AM   #10
    DeniLee
    (female)

DeniLee HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snowbunnie
    Deni thanks for your post.. how are u doing on trimspa?
    wish u all the best!

I'm doing OK, but right when I was ready to do good this week, I got my stupid Aunt Flow and now I have a headache, cramps and have been pigging out royally and gained tons of water. Sometimes I really hate being a woman.

It is finally 65 degrees here so I'm going to get out the house and do some walking this weekend. I get so mad everytime I think of how good I looked before I got pregnant. I've always been heavy but I at least looked OK. Now I just look huge. And the bad thing is I gained 20 pounds AFTER I had my baby. How on earth does that happen? I think just being a new mother and having a collicky baby just drove me nuts. I just ate and ate and ate for comfort. I have got to get this off before I go to the beach in June or I will be hiding again all summer. Good luck to you Snowbunnie. Let's not give up!!!

Old 03-28-2004, 07:46 PM   #11
    Fransue

Fransue HB User
    Talking Re: Throat closed up after diet pills.. please read my story

I tried a diet pill from GNC (don't know which one) and took it in the parking lot. Within a few minutes my throat started closing up and I thought my heart was racing. I drove immediately to the emergency room. The doctor checked me out and said that my throat was not closing and that my oxygen level was fine. He listened to my heart, which felt like it was racing and he said it was not. He then took an EKG which showed nothing. He gave me something to calm down and thought I was having an anxiety attack. He said that there was nothing in the pills that were that bad but that there were a lot of herbs in them and oerhaps it was an allergic reaction although despite my feelings of throat closing...it wasn't. I brought the pills back. I just bought lipovarin. I bought them because of the lack of side effects advertised. It is a good thing I did not read about the throat closing because I am sure it would have closed. (It feels that way now!) I take 3 a day but space them out. I am only on my 4th day but no side effects whatsoever. My heart doesn't race and I don't feel spacy. I had been taking lots of green tea extract before and this has green tea extract in it. My appetite is down... a bit of nauseau but nothing to be bothered about. I am going to give it two weeks before I see if there are any results. My best friend is taking thyroid pills and she is losing weight quickly but I am really scared of doing that.

Closed Thread