It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• good diet pill

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-14-2004, 09:49 PM   #1
    gigrl
    (female)

gigrl HB User
    good diet pill

I am controlling my calorie intake as well as excercising and strength training.
    I ride a staionary bike while I watch t.v. as well. My problem is I have a large appetite. At night I am out of useable calories( aiming for a 1 lb a week loss)but still hungry, so i am excercising just so I can have a snack. If someone could tell me what is a good appetite supressant I would be greatful.
    tia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2004, 10:42 AM   #2
    gigrl
    (female)

gigrl HB User
    Re: good diet pill

somebody please help. i feel like giving up

Old 04-15-2004, 04:29 PM   #3
    zip2play
    Inactive

zip2play HB User

Try something stomach filling and either calorie free or nearly so: tea, coffee, diet soda, celery, carrots...or just a big glass of cold water every time you think of food.

Try to leave a little caloric "wiggle room" at the end of the day.

Old 04-16-2004, 11:14 AM   #4
    angeleyesinga
    (female)

angeleyesinga HB User

Water is great way to suppress your appetite. It helps fill you up quickly and also helps with cravings. Remember, cold ICE water helps burn calories too. Good Luck!

Old 04-16-2004, 11:35 AM   #5
    csoar2004
    Inactive

csoar2004 HB User

"good diet pill" is an oxymoron.
    Eat some lean protein (limit yourself to 12 oz cooked wt per day, but spread it out over the course of the day). Eat unlimited vegetables such as celery, cucumber, peppers, jicama, kale, leaf lettuce, bok choy, cabbage, onions, tomatoes, green beans, kohlrabi, daikon, radish, carrot, tomatillo, celery root, fennel bulb, collard and beet greens, okra, cilantro, parsley, zucchini, summer squash, leeks, cauliflower, broccoli, brussel sprouts, artichoke (Fresh! not in oil!), eggplant, burdock. Have a boiled egg for a late afternoon snack.
    Cut out all the whites: flour, sugar, rice, pasta, bread; cut out pop, alcohol, reduce caffeine. Drink lotsa water. Eat fresh whole veggies, low glycemic fruit, lean protein, whole grains. Allow yourself 2 Tablespoons/day of "good fat" such as flax seed oil (but you can't cook with it) or grape seed oil or extra virgin olive oil.

best wishes!

charli
    highest wt: 233
    SW: 203
    CW: 146
    GW: 146 on the Fat Flush Plan for life and perky to the max!

Old 04-17-2004, 02:22 PM   #6
    fairchild

fairchild HB User

I really don't think diet pills are the way to go. I took Xenadrine and all it did was make my heart race. It did not control my appetite and it also made me shaky. Just drink lots of water, that really helps.

Old 04-18-2004, 08:36 PM   #7
    gigrl
    (female)

gigrl HB User

Thanks to all that responded, I went off Trimspa for a few days and my appetite is back up. I had been taking it for 2 weeks. I really would like to take a supplement of some kind to help me control my eating. I am working at weight loss but I would like a little help, I need a little help.
    Any more suggestions?

Old 04-19-2004, 01:22 PM   #8
    Jo-chan
    (female)

Jo-chan HB User

I have taken phendimetrazine and tenuate (not at the same time) to help me get past weight loss plateaus when NOTHING else would help. I only took them for short periods of time and have since kept the weight off - I still eat right and exercise.

Both phendimetrazine and tenuate suppressed my appetite like crazy. There were times when I had to make myself eat because I just wasn't hungry. They made me a bit jittery when I started taking them but it wore off after a few days. Both are available by prescription only so talk to your doctor about them and explain what you are currently doing to try to lose weight. Just let me emphasize that these diet pills were my last resort.

Good luck! Hang in there!

Old 04-19-2004, 01:31 PM   #9
    smartgal
    Veteran
    (female)

smartgal HB User

I have found that even eating "diet" pizzas throws me in to a craving, so watch the type of food you eat. I can eat the healthy choice fudgesicles, they take a little while to eat and are a very satisfying craving food. Also, guiltless gourmet baked tortilla chips are good. Watch the portions. Make sure you are getting 5 veggies a day, they fill you up and have lots of fiber. I've tried all sorts of over the counter pills with no luck. I was also a lucky recipient of Phen-fen and a heart valve problem, so I can't say I recommend any of them. Eat a lot of whole grains, oatmeal, stuff like that that sticks with you. Protein is good, but watch your portions and type. A three ounce piece of meat is only about the size of a deck of cards, much smaller than most of us are used to.

Old 04-21-2004, 12:35 AM   #10
    JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower HB User
    Cool Re: good diet pill

I am not discounting what other posters have said, but I definitely hear where you're coming from, I have trouble suppressing my appetite. I just bought Mega-T Green Tea pills, and I will post soon to let you know how these work. I have used Xenadrine (w/o Ephedra) to suppress my appetite, and that has worked extremely well. Though I do not take the recommended dosage, I usually took a pill a day or so, sometimes two, but not the four a day like most people take. I never had problems with the jitteryness and I think that is due to my not taking the full dosage. As for why I am switching off of it, this switch is not definite, but the Mega-T pills are $4 as opposed to Xenadrine, which is like $30, and I am a poor student who needs to save money any which way I can. I am hoping that the Mega-T will work in suppressing my appetite, I will post again and let you know, if you are at all interested in this info.

Good Luck!

Old 04-21-2004, 08:39 PM   #11
    gigrl
    (female)

gigrl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JasmineFlower
    I am not discounting what other posters have said, but I definitely hear where you're coming from, I have trouble suppressing my appetite. I just bought Mega-T Green Tea pills, and I will post soon to let you know how these work. I have used Xenadrine (w/o Ephedra) to suppress my appetite, and that has worked extremely well. Though I do not take the recommended dosage, I usually took a pill a day or so, sometimes two, but not the four a day like most people take. I never had problems with the jitteryness and I think that is due to my not taking the full dosage. As for why I am switching off of it, this switch is not definite, but the Mega-T pills are $4 as opposed to Xenadrine, which is like $30, and I am a poor student who needs to save money any which way I can. I am hoping that the Mega-T will work in suppressing my appetite, I will post again and let you know, if you are at all interested in this info.

Good Luck!
    thank you so much for replying. yes, i am interested in your results. i know it takes hard work and lifestyle changes but a little help would be nice too.
    april

Old 04-21-2004, 08:56 PM   #12
    tslask

I know what you're talking about! After I exercise and become really hungry, I make myself a bowl of my favorite fruits and veggies and get a big bottle of water I don't know if this will help your or not...hope so!

Old 05-02-2004, 12:18 AM   #13
    JasmineFlower

JasmineFlower HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gagirl
    thank you so much for replying. yes, i am interested in your results. i know it takes hard work and lifestyle changes but a little help would be nice too.
    april
    Hey, I wanted to let you know that I have tried Mega-T Green Tea and it has been doing a very good job suppressing my appetite. I have only been taking a pill a day at the most, and I have skipped every other or every two days and it has still helped. I am in the middle of studying for finals, so it is hard to say whether the pills or the stress is keeping me from sleeping, but when finals are over in two weeks, I will post again and let you know if the pills are affecting my sleep (i.e. keeping me awake). I will say that I will definitely stick with this pill. Given the difference in price between this and the others I've taken (like Xenadrine), I am a new fan of the Mega-T Green Tea pills. Despite what the directions say, I would say to take one pill a say to start and make sure you take that pill in the morning hours.

Good luck. I will post again when my finals are over.

Old 05-02-2004, 07:21 AM   #14
    Shane S

Shane S HB User

The best appetite suppressant is good old fashioned will power.

Old 07-15-2004, 05:58 PM   #15
    skyspinner

skyspinner HB User

Get off grains, starches and sugars. That'll kill your appetite.

Closed Thread