It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• how can i lose ten pounds fast??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-08-2004, 12:38 PM   #1
    jennymc41
    Veteran
    (female)

jennymc41 HB User
    how can i lose ten pounds fast??

can anyone help me?? ive been trying to lose ten pounds but i dont really kno what to do... thanx for any help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2004, 12:43 PM   #2
    justme_
    Senior Veteran

justme_ HB User
    Re: how can i lose ten pounds fast??

do you really wanna lose them fast or take time for them? if you try and lose them quickly you are most likely to gain all the weight back again. slow and steady is better.

Old 05-08-2004, 06:44 PM   #3
    FireFighterChic

FireFighterChic HB User

ephedrine products have cut a minimum of 10 lbs in a month/per bottle. but i dont reccomend them, they make you feel horrible and sick. thats why i dont take them anymore

Old 05-09-2004, 05:10 PM   #4
    jennymc41
    Veteran
    (female)

jennymc41 HB User

thanx but i dont kno anything about dieting so if anyone can help me that wud be great... thanx

Old 05-09-2004, 09:37 PM   #5
    cuddledumplin
    Veteran
    (female)

cuddledumplin HB User

Ephedrine has been pulled from the shelves anyway. It's banned now, at least in the US.

Old 05-09-2004, 10:29 PM   #6
    Lysander
    (female)

Lysander HB User

Some important things to know about dieting--

--You can't safely lose more than 2 pounds of fat a week. If you lose more than that, you are losing muscle, which will make you soft and flabby, and also will make it harder for your body to burn the food it consumes.

--At the start of a diet, your body sheds excess water it was holding onto. You will appear to lose about 5-8 pounds your first week of dieting, but it's only water weight, and will come back if you ever go back to your old eating habits, and might cause your weight to fluctuate greatly now and then. Don't be discouraged if you seem to gain a few pounds overnight when you menstruate. It's water weight.

--If you can't commit to a lifestyle change, you will gain the weight back. You might even gain more, since dieting will slow your metabolism. It pays to take it slow and learn how you gained that weight and how you should take it off.

--Eating is soooo important! Don't think you can starve yourself and lose weight. You can't. Well, if you tried hard enough you could, but you would lose all of your muscle and you'd gain a LOT of weight when you started eating again. The body goes into survival mode when starvation sets in, and it will be much harder to lose weight. Plus, you'll feel sick, weak, and shaky. If you eat a small meal every 3 hours, your body will burn calories more efficiently. Don't eat less than 1200 calories a day.

--In the end, losing weight is about calories. Burn more than you eat.

Old 05-10-2004, 05:50 AM   #7
    Summer Girl

Summer Girl HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lysander
    Some important things to know about dieting--

--You can't safely lose more than 2 pounds of fat a week. If you lose more than that, you are losing muscle, which will make you soft and flabby, and also will make it harder for your body to burn the food it consumes.

--At the start of a diet, your body sheds excess water it was holding onto. You will appear to lose about 5-8 pounds your first week of dieting, but it's only water weight, and will come back if you ever go back to your old eating habits, and might cause your weight to fluctuate greatly now and then. Don't be discouraged if you seem to gain a few pounds overnight when you menstruate. It's water weight.

--If you can't commit to a lifestyle change, you will gain the weight back. You might even gain more, since dieting will slow your metabolism. It pays to take it slow and learn how you gained that weight and how you should take it off.

--Eating is soooo important! Don't think you can starve yourself and lose weight. You can't. Well, if you tried hard enough you could, but you would lose all of your muscle and you'd gain a LOT of weight when you started eating again. The body goes into survival mode when starvation sets in, and it will be much harder to lose weight. Plus, you'll feel sick, weak, and shaky. If you eat a small meal every 3 hours, your body will burn calories more efficiently. Don't eat less than 1200 calories a day.

--In the end, losing weight is about calories. Burn more than you eat.
    EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT POST! That is exactly what I tell people. You expressed all the right keys in losing weight and keeping it off.

How true it is ! It is all about the calories in the end. That is the key to gain, lose and maintain weight.

Also, I would like to add to the list that exercise is important to implement in a good healthy diet. Even for those not on a diet.

Very good!

Old 05-10-2004, 06:27 AM   #8
    Austin&Chloe
    Inactive

Austin&Chloe HB User

People have alot of different oppinions about this. I have tried every diet in the world and the best that works for me is the low carb. As just a quick guide you eat meat, eggs, and cheese and that is all. I loose an avg of a pound a day. There is a lot more to the low carb plan if you want to be on it for a while then you should by the book. But just for a quick 10 pounds try just eating any meat, eggs and cheese. Read the back of packages that you buy and see if it has any carbohydrates. Drink at least 8 cups of water a day and try to do some kind of excersise for 30 min a day.

Last edited by Austin&Chloe; 05-10-2004 at 06:29 AM.

Old 05-10-2004, 03:30 PM   #9
    Pinkroses
    Veteran

Pinkroses HB User

Actually it is physically impossible to lose more then 2 lbs per week. Anything else is muscle loss. Fitness experts and health professionals will say this.
    I tried south beach diet. It is about eating the right carbs, not low carbs. What I like about it is that you don't feel hungry as often.
    I also kept my calories low. Then I just drifted away from low carb and just counted calories. I lost alot of weight and now I am at my goal weight.

Last edited by Pinkroses; 05-10-2004 at 03:31 PM.

Closed Thread