It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• HAS ANY ONE TRIED Phentermine ? PLEASE REPLY

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-30-2004, 02:01 AM   #1
    sspicey

sspicey HB User
    Question HAS ANY ONE TRIED Phentermine ? PLEASE REPLY

HAS ANY ONE TRIED Phentermine ? PLEASE REPLY

HI , I AM WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS BEEN ON Phentermine ? AND DOES IT REALLY WORK ? WHAT IS THE RECOMMENDED DOSE? AND HOW LONG DO YOU TAKE Phentermine for ? anyone who used it please reply and let me know if it works and what dosage you took. and how did you feel on them jittery, nervous? please let me know i am wanting to try them but wanted to hear some reviews on Phentermine first . thanks and look forward to your replys..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2004, 08:55 AM   #2
    Rixtar

Rixtar HB User
    Re: HAS ANY ONE TRIED Phentermine ? PLEASE REPLY

Yes I have tried it and it does work...if you let it.

I'll explain. I was morbidly obesse until 1996 when I lost a lot of weight. Since them my weight has varied from a low of 197 to a high of 248. The 248 was earlier this year. I have followed a formula formula of a low-fat, high fiber, high complex carb diet and exercise since lossing the weight in 1996. It has always worked and continues to work as I am a volume eater and quite frankly I am easily satisfied with potatoes, brown rice and low sugar cereals.

Last autumn I fell and was laid up for a while unable to follow my exercise regimen and with the holidays and poor food choices I found that I put on 20 poiunds and gained like 2 pants sizes. This is unacceptable. I went back to my tried and true weight management methods and lost about 4 pounds in March. I was having a great deal of trouble staying away from the wrong foods. So, I thought I would try taking Phentermine.

After I started taking it I found it very easy not to eat the wrong foods. I also found that I was not thinking about eating I was eating only when I was really hungry. I have lost about 12 pounds in the two months and one pants size. I have another 12 pounds and another pants size to go.

Now, earlier on I said it works if you let it. If you are an emotional eater this may not help you. I have found that even while taking this drug I would eat beacuse I wanted the taste or something, I wasn't hungry I just wanted it. This is how I put the weight on years ago. I just ate to eat. This drug will not help with this aspect of weight management. You will have to conquer that yourself. Many people can not do that as evidenced here on this board and in every diet group.

The human body can heal itself of a lot of things including most cases of obesity. It is the psyche that has the issues that lead to obesity in the majority of cases. Control the psyche and you will be able to remove the issue of obesity from the body.

It doesn't matter what method anyone uses to reduce or maintain their body weight. They will all work if you understand and use it as a tool. A drug like Phentermine is just another tool that must be used properly to assist in weight reduction.

There are four things I think about every time I reach for something to eat. Most of the time I pay attention to those thoughts and make wise food selections or decisions whether to eat anything at all. Maybe they will help you.

1. Obesity is a condition that results from the failure of an individual to recognize and modify an unhealthy behavior.

2. Does this (food item) support my goal to reduce my body weight?

3. If I eat this now what must I do later to compensate to prevent myself from gaining weight?

4. Why do I want this (food item) am I hungry or am I (bored, tired, frustrated, angry, sad, lonely, etc.)

Old 05-30-2004, 05:31 PM   #3
    sspicey

sspicey HB User
    Question Re: HAS ANY ONE TRIED Phentermine ? PLEASE REPLY

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rixtar
    Yes I have tried it and it does work...if you let it.

I'll explain. I was morbidly obesse until 1996 when I lost a lot of weight. Since them my weight has varied from a low of 197 to a high of 248. The 248 was earlier this year. I have followed a formula formula of a low-fat, high fiber, high complex carb diet and exercise since lossing the weight in 1996. It has always worked and continues to work as I am a volume eater and quite frankly I am easily satisfied with potatoes, brown rice and low sugar cereals.

Last autumn I fell and was laid up for a while unable to follow my exercise regimen and with the holidays and poor food choices I found that I put on 20 poiunds and gained like 2 pants sizes. This is unacceptable. I went back to my tried and true weight management methods and lost about 4 pounds in March. I was having a great deal of trouble staying away from the wrong foods. So, I thought I would try taking Phentermine.

After I started taking it I found it very easy not to eat the wrong foods. I also found that I was not thinking about eating I was eating only when I was really hungry. I have lost about 12 pounds in the two months and one pants size. I have another 12 pounds and another pants size to go.

Now, earlier on I said it works if you let it. If you are an emotional eater this may not help you. I have found that even while taking this drug I would eat beacuse I wanted the taste or something, I wasn't hungry I just wanted it. This is how I put the weight on years ago. I just ate to eat. This drug will not help with this aspect of weight management. You will have to conquer that yourself. Many people can not do that as evidenced here on this board and in every diet group.

The human body can heal itself of a lot of things including most cases of obesity. It is the psyche that has the issues that lead to obesity in the majority of cases. Control the psyche and you will be able to remove the issue of obesity from the body.

It doesn't matter what method anyone uses to reduce or maintain their body weight. They will all work if you understand and use it as a tool. A drug like Phentermine is just another tool that must be used properly to assist in weight reduction.

There are four things I think about every time I reach for something to eat. Most of the time I pay attention to those thoughts and make wise food selections or decisions whether to eat anything at all. Maybe they will help you.

1. Obesity is a condition that results from the failure of an individual to recognize and modify an unhealthy behavior.

2. Does this (food item) support my goal to reduce my body weight?

3. If I eat this now what must I do later to compensate to prevent myself from gaining weight?

4. Why do I want this (food item) am I hungry or am I (bored, tired, frustrated, angry, sad, lonely, etc.)

hey thanks so much for the reply. how did you feel on Phentermine ?
    and what dosage were you takeing the 30 mg or 15 mg
    i am always scared to try something new but seems like this Phentermine works for alot of people i just dont know what doage to go with please advice and thanks so much for the reply..

Last edited by sspicey; 05-30-2004 at 05:43 PM.

Old 05-31-2004, 03:55 AM   #4
    nicole623az
    (female)

nicole623az HB User

I just ordered my first bottle a few days ago. I was kinda confused at first on how many mg's. But I ended up gettng the 37.5 because thats what adipex is. But I hear most people get 30 mg at least. But start out with half a pill at first to see if that works for you. i don't really know of any that get 15mg, but maybe I'm wrong on that...sorry, I know i sucked at answering your question hun.

Old 05-31-2004, 05:55 AM   #5
    sspicey

sspicey HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nicole623az
    I just ordered my first bottle a few days ago. I was kinda confused at first on how many mg's. But I ended up gettng the 37.5 because thats what adipex is. But I hear most people get 30 mg at least. But start out with half a pill at first to see if that works for you. i don't really know of any that get 15mg, but maybe I'm wrong on that...sorry, I know i sucked at answering your question hun.

nicole623az hi and thanks for the reply. i just ordered the 30 mg cause i didnt get no replies when i first posted. the 30 mg are capsules and i dont think i can take a half or break those down.. please keep me posted on how you do on these pills i will also let you know how i am doing.. i hear the first few weeks may be a hcallenge to get use to them but seems like alot of people are looseing weght with this pill. how many pounds do you have to loose ? i have like sixty five to loose.. just getting started.. keep me posted

Old 05-31-2004, 08:24 AM   #6
    funstars

funstars HB User
    Smile Re: HAS ANY ONE TRIED Phentermine ? PLEASE REPLY

I Am Also Looking For Anyone Who Has Used Phentermine ? I Am Trying To Read All I Can On It Before Trying It. Has Anyone Has Any Really Bad Side Effects With It ? And Does It Work For Weight Loss?
    And What Is THE Best Dosage To Start Out With ? THE 15 MG OR THE 30MG OR THE 37.5 MG PLEASE HELP ANYONE WHO KNOW ABOUT Phentermine.

Last edited by funstars; 05-31-2004 at 08:26 AM.

Old 05-31-2004, 09:59 AM   #7
    Rixtar

Rixtar HB User

I am a large person, 6' 2" 235# and I have not experienced any side-effects from taking the drug. I don't know if I have a dimished sensitivity due to my body mass or the fact that I am moderately active with 20 minutes or more of cardio 3-4 times per week. I do feel anxious if i go to long after taking the drug before eating. Like today I took it when I got up at 9 and just now got something to eat for the first time today. I wasn't hungry but I had worked out for about an hour so I thought I should eat.

I hope the information helps.

Old 05-31-2004, 11:24 AM   #8
    sspicey

sspicey HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rixtar
    I am a large person, 6' 2" 235# and I have not experienced any side-effects from taking the drug. I don't know if I have a dimished sensitivity due to my body mass or the fact that I am moderately active with 20 minutes or more of cardio 3-4 times per week. I do feel anxious if i go to long after taking the drug before eating. Like today I took it when I got up at 9 and just now got something to eat for the first time today. I wasn't hungry but I had worked out for about an hour so I thought I should eat.

I hope the information helps.
    Rixtar , what dosage did you get on the Phentermine ? theres like 3 different doages out there please let me know thanks so much for your reply..

Old 05-31-2004, 01:57 PM   #9
    Rixtar

Rixtar HB User

Sorry 30mg once in the morning when I first wake up.

Old 05-31-2004, 02:43 PM   #10
    sspicey

sspicey HB User

great , thanks again for the reply

Old 06-01-2004, 04:55 AM   #11
    angeleyesinga
    (female)

angeleyesinga HB User

Try small dosage at first and work your way to what fits you. I have taken the 37 mg and broke it in half. One in the am & pm, if I didn't need the PM one I would take it. It all depends on your body and how it reacts to the meds. The capsules you can break in half so the 37.5 mg would last longer too. Good luck

Old 06-01-2004, 10:31 AM   #12
    SOUTHERN DIVA

SOUTHERN DIVA HB User

I want to order some but I am confused on where to order it.How do I know they are legit and will really send it,etc?? I have heard so many "horror" stories.Can someone give me a hint as to where is the best place. I do not want to get in trouble with this site,it is the best in the world and I do not know what I would do without it.

Old 06-01-2004, 01:26 PM   #13
    angeleyesinga
    (female)

angeleyesinga HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SOUTHERN DIVA
    I want to order some but I am confused on where to order it.How do I know they are legit and will really send it,etc?? I have heard so many "horror" stories.Can someone give me a hint as to where is the best place. I do not want to get in trouble with this site,it is the best in the world and I do not know what I would do without it.
    I have ordered mine several times from the same place and had no problems and very fast delivery. Trying to find the cheapest deal is the tough part but if you re-order with the same company, you usually get a (discount pill rx) price..... hint hint. Good Luck.

Old 06-01-2004, 09:35 PM   #14
    leslieanne683

leslieanne683 HB User

This is my fourth day on Phentermine. I did not have any side effects the first two days (I took the entire 37.5 dose in the morning) other than a little more energy. However, the night of the third day on phentermine I started to feel faint and nauseous and my heart was racing like crazy. Keep in mind this was 16 hours after I had taken my last dose that morning (crazy, huh?) I went to sleep and got up the next morning and felt fine (the fourth day/today) and took only half of the 37.5 mg at around 8:00. Around 10:30 a.m., I took the second half to complete my dose and about an hour later became extremely nauseous and got sick. I had chills for the rest of the day, my heart was racing like crazy, and I continued to feel extremely nauseous. It was an awful feeling. Tonight (this is the night of the 4th day when I became sick) I am feeling much better now that I have the Phentermine out of my system.

I am not one to become sick to my stomach or nauseous at all. The last time I have been sick to my stomach was 5 years ago when I had the stomach flu so I knew something was up with the Phentermine. I may have become sick because I did not have much in my stomach or I may be taking too high a dose (although it did not bother me the first 2 1/2 days). Maybe I had built up too much in my body from the past 4 days but I would think it would be gone out of your system in 24 hours so that wouldn't be possible.

As far as other side effects go, I mentioned that my heart has raced like crazy. My heart started racing last night (the night I began to feel faint/3rd day on Phentermine). It continued this morning and this afternoon until all medicine was out of my system. To have your heart truly race is not a pleasant feeling. Before I took phentermine, I read other people's posts about their heart racing and thought that it wasn't a big deal. But it is, it is very uncomfortable and it feels like you might have a heart attack or that it might beat right out of your chest. It's very scary. I have had this side effect on Phentermine and I have perfect blood pressure and heart conditions and am not obese at all. Again, it makes me wonder why this occurred the 3rd night and 4th day and not the 1st day. If anyone has an answer, please let me know!

I know that side effects vary from person to person, but this has been my experience. I also usually don't have side effects to medication.
    Despite all of this, the Phentermine really does work! I have always been a snacker and craved snacks constantly. At parties, I usually can't keep myself away from the finger foods and chips and dips. Phentermine stopped all that. No more food cravings! I can watch a pizza commercial and not have to have it for dinner that night. Food is still interesting, but I have no cravings and no urge to eat. That is why I may have gotten sick (although, again, it didn't happen the first few days). I have just not really needed or wanted to eat, and when I did, it was very low calorie like a handful of raisins or some dry cereal. I wasn't purposefully trying to diet, I just didn't care to eat...I could leave it.

I am going to skip tomorrow's dose and let my tummy get settled. The next day, I will take half a dose but take it two hours after food instead of 30 min. before food (another dosage option on the website).

As for my weight loss, this is only the end of my fourth day but I have lost weight according to the scale...4 lbs! I know that the majority has to be water loss but water loss is visible. I can tell I've lost weight in my face and someone remarked today that I looked as though I've lost weight in my waist and face. So, basically, if you don't have the side effects or don't mind them, or if they go away...Phentermine is great. I'll let you guys know what happens in the next few days. I would love any responses to my post!

Old 06-02-2004, 09:28 AM   #15
    ssugarnspice

ssugarnspice HB User
    Exclamation Re: HAS ANY ONE TRIED Phentermine ? PLEASE REPLY

hi , i would also like to share my story with those wondering about Phentermine.
    i have been on it for 3 days now. i bought the 30mg , and started out by dumping some out and takeing a lower dose which my guess would be 15 mg cause i evened it out. i was fine all day had tons of energy . i was able to get up and work out and do lots of cleaning. no problems at all on day 1. day 2 i took another half pill but put more in it than the last dose so i am guessing dose 2 was probally around 20mg. i had more energy and was fine during the day. when the evening came i had fast hearbeat and later at night was sweating which was uncomfortable but not enough to stop takeing the Phentermine. i just told myself it is the pill its almost like haveing an anxiety attack or panic attack.. but if you remind yourself it is the pill you should be fine .. day 3 i took the lower dose evened it out and so this was probally about the 15mg again.. and today i am doing just fine. so it truely your best bet is to start out on the lower dose especially if you are sensitive to stimulants. even if you arent theres people reported of haveing these fast hearbeats cause they start out with the highest dose available. so i would recommend to anyone start out with the lowest dose which is 15mg. the pharmacy told me these small side effects will subside ater 1-2 weeks. so i am staying on the low dose to those of you wondering if Phentermine works yes it does with out a doubt. it not only gives you the energy you need to get through the day it helps suppress your appetite . i noticed a huge change in my appetite and ate very little for dinner for the past 3 days cause afer a little food you are full .
    i take 2 shakes of protein per day so this helps cause i dont feel the need for a breakfest or lunch. these 2 replace my breakfest and luch and for dinner i eat very little.. would i recommend Phentermine yes i would but only the smaller dose to start with till your body gets adjusted to them. i also use a fiber pill which helps feel fuller. to those of you trying to loose weight best of luck to all and remember YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN.
    REMIND YOURSELF OF YOUR GOALS AND HOW YOU WILL LOOK WHEN YOU FINISH YOUR GOAL. I PLAN TO STAY ON Phentermine. FOR 12 WEEKS, I WOULD RECOMMEND TAKEING BEFORE AND AFTER PICS AS MANY PEOPLE HAVE LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT ON Phentermine IN SO LITTLE TIME AND THEY LOOK DIFFERENT. GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE..
    if you have have any further questions please let me know. hope i can find someone who is takeing them now and we can share are story as we lose the weight.
    p.s leslieanne683 i would cut the pill in half and only take the half for a good week or 2 till your body can adjust to the pill. good luck.

Last edited by ssugarnspice; 06-02-2004 at 09:30 AM.

Closed Thread