It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• How to lose 2lbs exactly every week? NOT 1lbs, but 2lbs, Anyone?Please help!!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-01-2004, 10:02 AM   #1
    deedeecin

deedeecin HB User
    How to lose 2lbs exactly every week? NOT 1lbs, but 2lbs, Anyone?Please help!!!!!

I need to know if anyone know how to lose exactly 2lbs per week. 1lb a week is too slow for me, I need to see results and the healthiest way and not go over 2lbs would be perfect for me. I excercise at least 4xs a week doing cardio and strengh training, its my eating that I need help on. Anyone with suggestions??? What exactly do I eat to lose 2lbs a week?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2004, 03:42 PM   #2
    csoar2004
    Inactive

csoar2004 HB User
    Re: How to lose 2lbs exactly every week? NOT 1lbs, but 2lbs, Anyone?Please help!!!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by deedeecin
    What exactly do I eat to lose 2lbs a week?
    Eat less. Stop eating white flour/white sugar/white bread, no more pop, pasta, alcohol, caffeine. Instead eat more fresh veggies, a few fruit, and lean protein (8-12 oz per day). Drink more water (half a gallon a day, minimum). Stop eating fast food, box dinners, commercial salad dressings.

Old 07-02-2004, 12:57 PM   #3
    joquiero
    Inactive

joquiero HB User
    Re: How to lose 2lbs exactly every week? NOT 1lbs, but 2lbs, Anyone?Please help!!!!!

Quote:
    What exactly do I eat to lose 2lbs a week?

For breakfast maybe have 1/3 cup oatmeal cooked with 2/3 cup of rice/soy/regular milk - NO SUGAR!! Coffee or tea with no sugar. Or you could have an omelette or black bean/lentil soup. (hold the bread!!)

snack on some nuts, fruit, or miso soup, drink lots of water/green tea.

For lunch and dinner: have some thai take out with brown rice, or steamed/sauteed fish/chicken with some steamed broccoli or/and spinach sauteed in a little oil or butter with garlic. or a piece of lasagne made with zuccini and eggplant instead of pasta, or you could have some heartly soup with beans and veggies or a delicious greek salad with some feta, and black olives and soup on the side. or maybe take a can of black beans, drain and mash with fresh cilantro/onion/few breadcrumbs, form into a patty and cook on both side and serve with red pepper sauce (grill til skins are black, peel and blend to a puree with a little soy milk). chop and saute some onions, garlic, pepers, courgettes etc in olive oil and then add a quinoa for an interest variation on mixed veggie rice. maybe steam some brown rice and spread on a sheet or nori and add some cucumber/avocodo/strips of egg omelette and roll up for a homemade 'sushi'. check out books or websites for recipe ideas.

Drink lots of water, but don't drink 1/2 hr b4 eating, or 1 hour after so that you gastric juices aren't dilluted and they can process your food.

Just pretend that white rice, bread and pasta don't exist.

Try and explore a variety of healthful foods then you don't get bored eating the same crap.

eat a few pieces of fruit - 2'slice of cantelope/melon, with 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/2 papaya. Maybe dolop on a couple tablespoons of plain live yoghurt and drizzle the top with honey or wheatgerm or chopped nuts.

Make each meal count. Make it tasty and make it complete then you won't need to run to pizza. If you should go out with friends for dinner - order extra veggies and if you need to drink - have a rum and diet coke - its pretty low in carbs. Have the desert - fruit or if your're friends are having cake, split a slice.

Also, at least 5 TIMES A WEEK, run/cycle/aerobisize for no less than 40 minutes straight until you're sweating and panting and REALLY hating exercise!! spend the next 20 minutes doing squats, lunges, dips and situps. then take a wonderful shower and revel in your accomplishment.

Also, get friends together and go rollar blading/cycling in the park or go indoor rock climbing - just keep moving!!

Important: DON'T EAT AFTER 6PM/7PM. IF YOU DO, YOU WILL WAKE UP ABSOLTELY RAVENEOUS the next day and will want to eat everything in sight!!

If this doesn't drop the weight off I don't know what will!!

Old 07-02-2004, 09:29 PM   #4
    fotojunkie

fotojunkie HB User
    Lightbulb Re: How to lose 2lbs exactly every week? NOT 1lbs, but 2lbs, Anyone?Please help!!!!!

I lost more than 80 pounds in about 10 months. That is right at 2 pounds a week. But I definitely would not go any more than that a week. It is dangerous and counterproductive.
    I can tell you what I did.
    I started eating 5-6 smaller meals a day. That is, 3 meals and 2-3 snacks.
    About 12 grams of sugar per meal.
    About 10 grams of fat per meal.
    Stay away from the processed stuff.
    Brown rice is great, whole wheat pasta, bulgur, barley, stoneground whole wheat bread.
    Fresh vegetables as opposed to frozen (but some frozen are OK-just may be depleted in vitamins). No canned vegetables. In fact, pretend that canned foods are EVIL. Low sodium tomato sauce in a recipe is OK sometimes.
    Chicken breasts, fish (some fatty fish such as salmon and mackerel for omega 3's) and lean beef. Ground turkey is delicious and versatile.
    Water, lots of water! Cut out the sodas is you are really serious.
    Don't deprive yourself. If you want a cookie, eat a cookie, maybe two. Just don't eat the entire package. The logic behind this is that you crave the cookie so you eat something else. That doesn't cure the craving so you eat something else. This goes on and on and 1000 calories later you eat the cookies anyway. Just cut to the chase, save those extra calories and indulge a bit. Besides, strict deprivation makes it difficult, if not impossible, to stick to a diet and keep the weight off.
    Exercise. I admit I did not do my cardio the way I should, but I am doing it now. Get that heart rate up for at least 30 minutes several times a week. Combine that with some weight training and you will see a difference very quickly. But if you do weight train, get with a trainer first so you can learn how to do the exercises correctly. You don't want to hurt yourself or waste time by using the equipment wrong.
    Get plenty of sleep. Your body will be under a lot of pressure and undergoing some major changes. It will need time to rejuvenate and gain strength.
    This needs to be a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet. Change your eating lifestyle and the way you live and you will not only lose the weight, but you will keep it off.
    I have some wonderful recipes and more tips. Just email me if you want it or visit my group on yahoo - dietisadirtyword

Old 07-02-2004, 11:33 PM   #5
    modert
    Inactive
    (female)

modert HB User

Quote:
    I need to know if anyone know how to lose exactly 2lbs per week. 1lb a week is too slow for me, I need to see results and the healthiest way and not go over 2lbs would be perfect for me. I excercise at least 4xs a week doing cardio and strengh training, its my eating that I need help on. Anyone with suggestions??? What exactly do I eat to lose 2lbs a week?
    If you are looking for precision (and it sounds like you are) you cannot use someone elses diet plan. You can borrow strategies from others, but you have your own caloric and nutritional needs that will dictate how YOU lose weight.

You start off by calculating your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) - this is how many calories YOU need to eat based on your age, height, current weight, and gender. Then you factor in your activity levels. Once you have this number, you need to reduce it by 10-20% for your 2lb per week weight loss. You may not get it right in the beginning - it often requires adjusting a bit. Also, as you lose weight, you need to recalculate your BMR - because as your body shrinks, it requires fewer calories. Not reducing calories as you lose is what causes plateaus!

Of course there ARE other factors that will control how quickly you lose weight... the quality of food you eat, your general health, your hydration level, and if you are exposed to toxins (alchohol, cigarettes, prescription drugs, or environmental chemicals).

Honestly, it is normal for your weight to fluctuate from day to day and week to week. I don't think anyone can lose EXACTLY 2 lbs per week - ideally you are seeking an effective weight loss of 2 lbs per week, but it may actually work out to be 3 lbs, 1 lb, 2.2 lbs, 2.5 lbs, 1.6 lbs, etc....

If you would like help with these formulas just ask!

Old 07-03-2004, 03:32 PM   #6
    fotojunkie

fotojunkie HB User

I have the BMR formula and several other helpful formulas available on my yahoo group dietisadirtyword.

I work in the health/fitness/nutrition industry and come in contact with people wanting to lose weight, improve their health and gain healthy weight every day. My preferred focus, though, is nutritional healing.

The main thing I tell them all is to get away from the processed foods, go natural, and cut back or stop the sodas.

Closed Thread