HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/weight-loss/)
-   -   Eggs, Eggs, low Carb What else is there/Breakfast Change/but low carb. (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/weight-loss/214546-eggs-eggs-low-carb-what-else-there-breakfast-change-but-low-carb.html)

candyapple7 10-07-2004 03:46 PM

Eggs, Eggs, low Carb What else is there/Breakfast Change/but low carb.

Please help, I have ate eggs about everyday this week, over the weekend I have to find something else,any suggestions!! :eek:

LV40 10-07-2004 05:00 PM

Re: Eggs, Eggs, low Carb What else is there/Breakfast Change/but low carb.

There's lots of breakfast foods low carb, but then you're also getting into a high-fat area.

Sausage, bacon, etc. Maybe try fixing your eggs a little differently each time. Like add some cheese or some veggies, if you don't already. Or some ham. Or look up some recipes on the internet on how to make different egg dishes.

Now, as far as sausage and bacon, if you want to avoid the fat of regular, you could start buying the turkey bacon and turkey sausage. Still has fat, but not as much as the regular stuff :)

If I find anything else on low-carb breakfast ideas, I'll post back.

LV40 10-07-2004 05:15 PM

Here's are some ideas...

6 slices of bacon
6 eggs (alter according to amount preference)

Take a piece of bacon and wrap it around 4 fingers, put the rolled bacon in a non-stick muffin pan, bacon sides up. Crack an egg into the center. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.

Servings: 3

Per serving:
Cal:200
Protein: 14gm
Carbs: 1gm
Fat: 15gm
---------------
Burger Breakfast Scramble

(2 servings)

* 1/2 pound ground beef
* 2 tablespoons onion -- minced fine
* 3 ounces cream cheese
* 3 large eggs
* 1 tablespoon water
* salt and pepper to taste

Brown ground beef in skillet with onions. Add cream cheese and cook over low heat until melted. Beat eggs with water, salt and pepper and pour into skillet with beef and cheese. Scramble to desired doneness.
---------------------------
Cottage Cheese Scramble

(3 servings)

* 1/3 cup instant nonfat dry milk
* 1/4 cup water
* 3 eggs
* 1/2 cup cottage cheese
* 1/2 tsp salt
* dash of pepper
* 2 Tbsp butter
* 1 Tbsp chopped chives

Blend together nonfat dry milk, water, eggs, cottage cheese, salt, pepper and chives. In medium skillet melt butter. When hot, add egg mixture and cook over low heat until set. Serve immediately.
-----------------------------
Hash Browns - Low Carb Cabbage

(2 servings)

* 2 cups cabbage -- thinly sliced
* 1 egg
* 1 green onion -- chopped
* 1 Tablespoon canola oil
* salt and pepper -- to taste

Combine all ingredients except canola oil in a medium bowl. Stir until well combined.

Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.

With hands, clump hash mixture to form two patties. Place patties in skillet. When brown on one side, turn patties and cook the other side.

LV40 10-07-2004 05:17 PM

Also, you can buy the low-carb tortillas and low-carb wraps and make breakfast burritos :)

never2L8 10-07-2004 05:49 PM

The thought of eating any of those things for breakfast is enough to make me vomit. I'll stick with my "unhealthy high carb" breakfast of high bran cereal, low fat milk, fruit and water any day.

LV40 10-07-2004 05:56 PM

Yes, it is a bit much. But she asked, lol.

Gopherhead 10-08-2004 05:38 AM

Any meal that's good enough for lunch or dinner is good enough for breakfast. All personal comments and opinions aside, Candy, you don't [b]have[/b] to eat eggs for breakfast - think outside the box. Full fat cottage cheese w/ berries is a great meal for breakfast (or any time of day, frankly). During my very low carb days Chicken Wings ranked as a favourite of mine - but you're doing this veggiestyle so that's out for you.

LV40 10-08-2004 05:44 AM

Mmmmm, cold chicken for breakfast. Love it :)

jojo64 10-08-2004 06:32 AM

I bet if you do a search on low carb breakfast recipes you'd find tons of stuff. I make a dish that is a mix of low fat cream cheese, ricotta, eggs, vanilla, and a few other things that is then baked. It turns out very creamy, almost like a dessert. Then I add some berries on top.

zip2play 10-08-2004 06:47 AM

Well there's always omelettes and souflees and fritatta...oh who am I kidding, Very Low carb is eggs, eggs, eggs, eggs with a side dish of EGGS!

auntjudyg 10-08-2004 06:57 AM

I have gotten to eating just about anything for breakfast, too (except fish).

I do eggs a lot, too, and find I get tired of them sooner if I am eating non-organic. I also add veggies for variety . . . and/or turkey sausage . . . or turkey sausage alone . . . or sauteeing some veggies in salsa and adding some ricotta and cheese. Chicken and turkey are among my favorite second choices. Some do cream cheese in celery; some do peanut butter . . . depends on your plan.

On another matter . . . this is a support board, isn't it? :rolleyes:

LV40 10-08-2004 07:12 AM

I'm boring, I eat either eggs (whites only) or oatmeal or cheerios or cream of wheat or bran flakes or something similar.

lol

LV40 10-08-2004 07:14 AM

Oh, and to Candy, I'm sorry my recipes were mostly egg-based, I was just maybe trying to give you different ideas on how you can fix them :)

modert 10-10-2004 05:54 AM

If you are rigid in sticking to a low- or no-carb diet you will probably need to break out of the "traditional" breakfast foods. Stop thinking "breakfast" and start thinking "meal". Eat lean meats, poultry, cheese, and even seafood. I know the thought of fish in the morning may turn your stomach, but what about broiled (or pan seared) scallops or a jumbo shrimp cocktail?

jacksinn 10-10-2004 09:07 PM

If you dont mind spending about a dollar a bar try the atkins Morning Start bars-I have one and a cup of green tea and Im set.