It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Weight loss advice which works

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2004, 06:50 AM   #1
    Summerpixie

Summerpixie HB User
    Weight loss advice which works

First of all I dont pretend to be any kind of expert. I only give this information because I hope it will help other people. It took me years to find out what the reason was why I found it impossible to keep my weight down and control my cravings.

I used to be skinny when I was in school. When I went to College I started to gain weight. I would lose the weight again with great effort. I continued gaining and losing weight, gaining and losing weight. When I got married I went onto the contraceptive pill which caused me to gain 124 lbs (10 kgs). I went off the pill and use another form of contraception. Probably most of you will agree that once you gain that much weight it is an impossible task to lose it again. I was stuck with this 124 lbs (10 kgs) extra and I tried almost every possible diet pill or diet. I tried excersizing a lot. I also had my thyroid tested.
    I used to be able to somewhat control my cravings by drinking lots of caffienated coffee 5-6 cups a day. Then reduced my caffiene intake to 2 cups a day.

When I cut down on my caffiene intake it became increasingly difficult to control my cravings. I was having cravings which I could not control no matter what I tried. I tried so many different diets, diet pills ect. the list is endless. I used to eat at least 2 big chocolates with a packet of crisps every day and at bad days (like when it's close to my period or when I had a lot of extra stress) would eat an extra packet of crisps and an ice cream. If I tried to prevent myself from not eating sweets and crisps I would feel sick and irritated from the cravings. Only after I ate sweets and crisps my cravings would calm down.

I decided to give pills a final try. I found a bottle of 100 % natural pills called Carb Cutter. It works by regulating the blood sugar levels in your body. It appears that my eating problems are related to stress. I have always been under a great deal of stress and is someone who stress easily. When I stress my blood sugar levels goes up and down and causes the cravings.

My cravings have disappeared completely. I am able to control it. I have quickly lost 9 lbs (4 kgs) after I started using the pills. At the pace I am losing weight I will reach my target weight very soon.

You may not find exactly the same pills as the ones which I am using, but this is what you should look for:

* 100 % Natural
    * Vegatable capsule
    * Works by regulating the blood sugar levels
    * Ingrediants per capsule: Gymnema Extract 200 mg
    Bromelain Enzymes 30 mg

It seems that this specific combination works really well.

Something else which I want you to consider is artificial sweetener. It has been said that artificial sweetener (aspartame) is related to weight gain and other health problems. I have heard that it can also cause you to have cravings. You may think that you are helping yourself to lose weight with artificial sweeteners, but in the long run it can cause you to more problems.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2004, 12:42 PM   #2
    shayla

shayla HB User
    Re: Weight loss advice which works

summerpixie

I was wondering what types of food you are eating. Are you eating regular meals, do you stay under a certain amount of calories or do you eat low-carb. Isn't CARB CUTTER for low-carb diets?

With the carb cutter do you simply feel full faster or does it cut cravings?

Let me know.

Shayla

Old 10-30-2004, 11:51 PM   #3
    Summerpixie

Summerpixie HB User

Hello Shayla.

I used to eat fruit for breakfast and sandwhiches for lunch and a dinner with meat and vegetables or pasta in the evening, but in between I used to eat a lot of all kinds of stuff.
    I used to get all kinds of cravings for different foods and then eat whatever I crave. I was specificly craving processed food like pasta and white bread, cakes, crisps, ice cream. I also loved greasy Macdonalds burgers and Kentucky fried chicken.

Carb Cutter is only the name of the product I'm using. It helps you to control your cravings and cut out Cakes, chocolates, sweets, crisps, lots of pasta and things like that which contains loads of calories out of your diet. I have even found that I don't crave greasy meats and rich foods anymore.
    I used to find it impossible to sit with someone while they are having desert, it is still difficult, but I am able to control myself not to grab something.
    When you think about the name it is exactly as it says Carb Cutter, it helps you to cut Carbohydrates when you are consuming a big amount of them.

Now I eat Kellogs All Bran Flakes or some kind of musli or healthy breakfast cereal for breakfast. And a Cucumber, lettuce, tomato salad with feta cheese for lunch with a nice salad dressing. Sometimes I steam vegetables for lunch. For dinner I eat a nice meal with the family. I could never dream to eat like this, I used to feel really depressed thinking about salad or steamed vegetables for lunch. I used to love bacon and sausages or french toast for breakfast. But now, the simple meals I eat are satisfying.

I can't gaurentee it will work for everyone, but I know it worked for me and I'm so happy about that I really hope it can help other people as well.

Old 10-31-2004, 12:00 AM   #4
    Summerpixie

Summerpixie HB User

I forgot to add that I don't calculate calories at this stage. I just reduced or cut out my intake of greasy stuff and crisps, cakes, chocolate ect. In a few weeks (approximately 3 weeks) you start to feel that you feel overly full if you add a bit of extra food to your plate. What helps a great deal is if you can keep your meals at a set time. It sets your body clock right. I try to eat my breakfast at around 8:00 - 8:30 and my lunch at 1:00 and my dinner at 6:00. This way my body doesn't get confused and hungry at different times. You will find that you start to know by the way you are feeling that it is breakfast, lunch or dinner time. This of course was not possible without the pills I am using.

Old 10-31-2004, 08:31 AM   #5
    shayla

shayla HB User

summerpixie

Thanks for your replies.

One more thing. I bought a product, here in Canada, called Carb Cutter (original). I am trying it today. I hope I feel the same way as you do. I just have some questions for you: how often do you take it per day, do you take it before ALL meals, and do you abide by the 15 min before a meal rule of taking it. Please let me know.

By the way, I have about 10-15 lbs to lose. I am 39 years old and have put on this weight since I turned 37. I know my metabolism is slowing down. I work out as much as I can. Usually 3-5 times a week. Last year I tried the South Beach Diet and lost about 5 lbs, but then put them back on once I introduced more carbs. I was on that for about 10 months.

ANyway, talk to you later.

Shayla

Old 11-01-2004, 07:13 AM   #6
    Summerpixie

Summerpixie HB User

Hello Shayla,

I really hope the product you bought will help. You should check if the ingrediants in your product your using is the same as mine. I mentioned in the first message 200 mg Gymnema Extract and 30 mg Bromelain Enzymes.
    I may be praising this product so much and it doesn't have the same effect on everyone. But I know just how I suffered with weight problems and how this has changed my life. I really hope it works for you. Please let me know when you have used it for a while and it works.

My dosage is 2 pills a day. I take mine on an empty stomach, approximately half an hour before breakfast, but I believe 15 minutes will be sufficient. I have lunch around 13h00 and take the 2nd pill around 17h00. The directions says to take the pill on an empty stomach every time, so I figured approximately around 17h00 is a good time to take the next one and then around 18h00 I eat dinner. You could take yours 15-30 minutes before dinner as well. I just find that after 17h00 in the afternoon my craving starts, so to avoid that I take my pill.

Let me know.

Closed Thread