HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Weight Loss (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/weight-loss/)
-   -   Michael Thurmond 6 Week Body Makeover (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/weight-loss/251949-michael-thurmond-6-week-body-makeover.html)

MydeadSea 02-10-2005 08:05 PM

Michael Thurmond 6 Week Body Makeover

What can I say, I'm a compulsive spender and a sucker for infomercials. Put the 2 together and Im wasting my money before you can say credit card debt. :rolleyes: So one night I was up late, droolin over infomercials as usual, feeling fat , as usual, and the 6 week body makeover infomercial came on....Well after about half an hour of listening to former fatties talking about how WOOOONDERFUL this program was, I called up and ordered it. But now I'm having my doubts. :confused: Has anyone ever tried the 6 week body makeover....With any success?....or.....tried it at all? Please let me know. I'd hate to think I wasted $120 on a brand new, worthless dust collector. :nono:

rayann85_03 02-11-2005 08:20 AM

Re: Michael Thurmond 6 Week Body Makeover

Hey Mydeadsea,
Well a couple of years ago my parents purchased the 6 week body makeover and we decided to do it as a family but unfortunately my mom and I could not swallow the foods (i.e. egg whites assigned to our body types). But my dad did try it and he lost 45 pounds in about 7 weeks; anything is possible and takes time and patience; this program is not for everyone including me but give it a try it may be worth your while!! GOOD LUCK!!!!!

MydeadSea 02-11-2005 02:52 PM

thanks for the reply :bouncing: If your father lost weight Im guessing that means that it does work, you just have to be able to put up with it...*hmmm* well, we'll see I guess. if my body type involved eating junk food n fast food all the time i'd be a skinny mini in no time....but im pretty sure thats half the reason i had to order it in the first place :rolleyes:

Sucha 02-14-2005 01:21 PM

Hi!
Have you tried it yet ? If so, how is it going? I know someone who has been on it for about 5 months and lost I think around 70 lbs. I have thought about it myself but am trying the weight watchers at work program now and we'll see how it goes. Let me know what you think of this program.

MydeadSea 02-15-2005 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=Sucha]Hi!
Have you tried it yet ? If so, how is it going? I know someone who has been on it for about 5 months and lost I think around 70 lbs. I have thought about it myself but am trying the weight watchers at work program now and we'll see how it goes. Let me know what you think of this program.[/QUOTE]

I still havent gotten it :( But once I do I'll try it out and let you know what I think. Lets hope it works!

sunshine12 02-18-2005 05:35 AM

I have been watching this also and wondered if it works. I am a diabetic and wondering if the diet they give you is acceptable for us?
I know I have seen many posts about it earlier on the boards here someplace, just wasn't interested at the time.
I think I go for this because he was helping the people on the tv show makeovers so that made it more legit in my mind!Lol
Eggy white?? Who can eat egg whites? Is there anyone else out here who has tried it? :wave:

MydeadSea 02-18-2005 02:22 PM

WOOHOO ITS HERE!!!!! :bouncing: I guess you could say im slightly excited, but holy crap theres a lot to read through. :rolleyes: Dont get me wrong, I love reading but when it comes to instructions I try to stay as far away as possible. But Im gonna take my time with this one cus I want it to work. Im going to try it out for about 2-4 weeks and then I'll let you know my results. Im not sure if it's safe for diabetics...But if you go to the provida website it'll give you the free blue print quiz that they tell you about on the infomercial. It'll tell you your body type n everything (apparently im a type A...like the worst kind :nono: ) Oh well, we'll see....Today is 2-18-05. So , I'll try to post again about it within t he 2-4 weeks. Wish me luck :wave:

rockcreek 02-18-2005 03:49 PM

I ordered it last year. It does work. I lost 12 pounds in a week and a half.
It stayed off too. I gained some back because of illness and will go back on it when I'm able.I was very surprised it worked. Its the only thing that has worked for me.

MydeadSea 02-18-2005 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=rockcreek]I ordered it last year. It does work. I lost 12 pounds in a week and a half.
It stayed off too. I gained some back because of illness and will go back on it when I'm able.I was very surprised it worked. Its the only thing that has worked for me.[/QUOTE]

:eek: Yahooey.....12 lbs in a week would be awesome ...Did you find it hard to follow?
all I did was put the personalized book together and im already confused....but I get confused easilly so that's not saying much

rockcreek 02-19-2005 03:07 PM

I stuck to it pretty good for that week and a half. Then I got tired of chicken and went off it. I kept telling myself you only have to eat like this during the weight loss period. I'm sure if you try you can do it and you will lose weight. I started on a wednesday, I weighted myself thursday morning and lost 2 pounds. Everyday I had some weight loss. It really motivates me to keep on.
I didn't even start the exercises till the second week. It works.

MydeadSea 02-22-2005 07:01 PM

Alright...I'm on day 2 of the 6 day mini make over (included with the program) they gaurantee that by doing the 6 day mini make over, you'll lose a pants size in 6 days. they give you a list of meals to eat for whatever body type you are (it gives you a list of choices for body types, and whichever matches you best...thats the body type you are) the catch is that you have to exercise every day for 45-60 minutes during the 6 day period. but its nothing too horrible.. a casual walk around the neighborhood , or 45 min on the stationary bike, etc etc. for breakfast I get 2 oz of chicken, and half a grapefruit...for my mid morning snack i get 2 oz of tuna, and a cup of greens, lunch is 2 oz of fish, a cup of greens, and half of a medium baked potato, and so on n so forth, each meal is pretty much like that, except for the meal right before your work out, you replace everything but the meat, with a cup of oatmeal, and a banana or apple. Im already sick of all this tuna, chicken n greens i've been eating, but on the bright side i've already lost a little weight :bouncing: Also, you gotta drink TONS of water :rolleyes: Oh well. I'll let you know at the end of 6 days if i've lost a pants size or not, n then its on to the real 6 week body makeover.

Sucha 02-22-2005 08:47 PM

Chicken for breakfast? I don't know if I could do that LOL.
Well thanks for the update- please keep me posted!! Let me know how you do. If weight watchers doesn't work for me I'll be ordering that! Good luck, keep at it!

MydeadSea 02-23-2005 03:27 PM

[QUOTE=Sucha]Chicken for breakfast? I don't know if I could do that LOL.
Well thanks for the update- please keep me posted!! Let me know how you do. If weight watchers doesn't work for me I'll be ordering that! Good luck, keep at it![/QUOTE]

Actually..it calls for 3 oz of turkey breast...but I looked aaaaalllll over the store n couldnt find any turkey breast so ...I bought the chicken instead...I dunno if it makes a difference but i appear to be losing some weight so I dont think it does..although its still kinda weird eating chicken for breakfast. However, if you do decide to order it, Beware.. the operator I got talked fast n tried to sell me a bunch of different things along with my order..for only xxx extra per each of your monthly payments. a lot of the stuff seems like a good deal but if you take time n do the math its really not...for instance he tried to sell me some pills that, when i finished paying for them, would have ended up costing me 90 dollars :eek:

Today I asked my mom if i looked like i lost any weight n she said 'you look like you lost about 10 lbs already' n i gave her a look and she said 'well thats not bad...You've only been on it for what....2 weeks?....3 weeks?" n i said 'actually....today would be day number 3' .....so thats a good sign, although ima big girl so i probably lose weight a lil faster. oh well, we'll see :bouncing:

lillypad3 03-04-2005 06:33 AM

I'm excited about Michael Thurmond's book. I'm the B body type and I need to eat alot! Do I eat every two and a half hours--how do I space out the times I eat on that diet?

chynarose 03-05-2005 11:57 AM

mydeadsea, I tried the program about 2 years ago and in about 3 months, lost 25 pounds. this was diet only. i couldnt seem to get motivated to use the exercise part. however, I did lose weight. Two years later, I am planning to start it again because it does work. This time I will also use the exercise too. I go to CURVES 3 times a week and this will add to my hopeful weight loss. The reason I quit it 2 years ago, was that I got so bored with the same foods over and over again. But I am not going to let that stop me this time. Good luck with yours. You will be surprised how much you will lose.