It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Losing Weight on Yeast-free Diet!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2005, 12:10 AM   #16
    andie_20
    (female)

andie_20 HB User
    Re: Losing Weight on Yeast-free Diet!!!

Is this strict diet a life long thing? Or is it true that once you cleanse yourself of the yeast you can slowly introduce healthy foods that were once restricted by the initial diet (such as dairy, mustard, fruits etc)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2005, 06:11 AM   #17
    Gab2000
    (female)

Gab2000 HB User

Kitty,

Congrats in your weight loss... question for you.
    What kind of test determined allergy to yeats? was it a skin test done at the allrgyst or was it a blood test?
    Thanks,
    Gab

Old 03-25-2005, 07:43 AM   #18
    bluehen94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluehen94 HB User

Exactly. once you cleanse your body of the yeast you are allowed to gradually start reintroducing foods. For example, when I started cottage cheese and yogurt were a no for me, but now I am starting to reintroduce them once a week.

To answer the other posters question, my yeast problem was determined by a test performed by a naturpath doctor called electro-dermal screeing. You can look it up on the web to read about it. This also identified other problems I had too.

Old 03-26-2005, 04:29 AM   #19
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User
    Talking Re: Losing Weight on Yeast-free Diet!!!

Andie,

The diet is strict in the beginning, but like Bluehen said, you slowly introduce foods back in, monitoring your reaction to them. I consider this diet very "doable" for a student like yourself. On this diet, to my amazement, I'm hardly ever hungry! I make up a brown rice, mostly veggies, and spices concoction, and then tote it to work. There are somedays I don't even eat it because I'm just simply not hungry! Going to celebrations and out to eat has been a breeze also. I can always count on there being sald to eat, so I make up a little container of olive oil, lemon juice, and spices ahead of time. I've been eating broiled/baked chicken, some lean meats, rice cakes, and LOTS of veggies. I buy loads of frozen veggies which are very inexpensive.

The anti-yeast tabs I'm on "Yeast Defense" cost me $18.00. 120 count, 4 times a day. I may cut down to 2 a day soon. I also have yeast-free multi-vitimans, omega fish oil, flaxseed, and CQ10. In my opinion, I think this is the most INEXPENSIVE diet going, and it's very healthy!

After I lose another 10 pounds, I plan on enjoying a glass or two of wine once a week. This diet has taught me the most valuable lesson about eating: MODERATION! I was overloading myself with yeast prior to finding out. Yeast allergy sufferers actually CRAVE the very foods that are "poisoning" them. The yeast in your body need MORE YEAST to thrive and reproduce. And avoid sugar...it feeds the yeast!

This allergy can be caused by excess use of antibodies, steroids, the pill, stress, and over consumption of yeast produsts. Once the allergy starts, it becomes a vicious cycle. The excess yeast in your body puts out toxins which actually breakdown your immune system. You feel awful and crave the yeast products which make you feel worse! I've learned all of this info from my book.

GAB,

I had a series of skin injection tests done. The allergist knew within a half an hour which foods I am allergic to...yeast, peanuts, and bananas. Who knew a trip to an allergist could dramatically change my whole life!!

Best of luck to all of you, let me hear about your progress.

Old 03-28-2005, 08:04 PM   #20
    andie_20
    (female)

andie_20 HB User

Wow you people are great! thanks so much for taking time out of you day to respond in such a detailed way!!!! I look forward to getting the book as soon as im done school next week. And even more excited about getting healthy

Old 04-05-2005, 06:57 AM   #21
    gingerweezie
    (female)

gingerweezie HB User

KittyLove ~ I'm waitting for a new update on your progress. I went out this weekend and bought the book. I just sat there shaking my head reading the first few pages ... That's ME!! Holy Cow!! When I'm done reading the book I'm taking the plunge and might need some help. Hope you'll be "around." Thanks. Ginny

Old 04-05-2005, 11:32 AM   #22
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

Hi Ginger!!

I'm so happy I've reached someone regarding yeast allergy. I too was floored when I picked up the book...I knew I finally found the answer to my weight loss problem. Oh! and the side effects!!!...I suffered from MOST of them!

I'm HAPPY to report I've lost 14 pounds in 5 weeks, and I've never felt so good!!! The depression, fatigue, irritability, anxiety, and digestion problems are a thing of the past! I was an avid poster on the depression board searching for ANYTHING to help me feel better. Now I have no need to search any longer...found the answer!!! I have recently visited there to spread my message of hope and information, with hopes of helping people finally escape the agony. I strongly feel that this allergy is underated and maybe even scoffed at. Even when I was on AD's, I never felt this much clarity, calmness, blissfulness...I am truly a new person...mentally and physicaly!

Let me know who you're doing...can't wait to hear about it!!!

Old 04-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #23
    EoR
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

EoR HB User

Ooopsie. I think you may have had a little Freudian typo <giggle.>

This diet fascinates me and I'm going to pick up the book asap. I'm scared, as I have two kids and yeast tempatations are EVERYWHERE! I, too, am (wish I could say was) an avid poster in the depression forum. I'd do anything to feel better.

I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.

Thanks for sharing! -EoR

Old 04-05-2005, 02:27 PM   #24
    jazzyE

jazzyE HB User

Ooooh, depression...yes my depression isn't as bad anymore either. It started really taking me down before I started the diet as well. I've fought for years with it. But now I'm feeling healthier than I have in ages, no more aches and pains and I'm down about 25lbs! In fact I've had to adjust my workout routine to bulk up cuz I don't want to lose anymore weight. I've actually turned alot of people on to the Candida diet because they've seen how it's helped me, not only for the weight loss but more for overall health and happiness. I definitely think this is something more people should educate themselves about.

Old 04-05-2005, 04:17 PM   #25
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

Eor,

I'm happy you're going to look into this...it's not as hard and as tempting as you might think! I'm SURROUNDED by things I can't eat because my boyfriend lives on the stuff. You will find PLENTY of things to eat. You will become consumed with the word "YEAST" and simply avoid it knowing there are loads of other choices. I NEVER feel denied. In fact, I feel in control of myself and completely satisfied with my food choices. Knowing I can eat rice, potatoes, and ocassionally even some pasta comforts me. After awhile you won't even think about bread...and this is coming from someone who's primary food source was bread! I built everything around bread.

I found it's a good idea to make up a combo of brown rice, veggies, herbs, spices, and "I can't believe it's butter" spray. I do "CHEAT" sometimes when I feel the need to munch, but they're snacks without yeast like corn nachos, and just a few. Most nights I airpop a big bowl of popcorn with my butter spray and munch away!

If you need any advice or ideas you know where to find me. Just wait until you get a look at that book!!! Hope to hear from you!!!

Old 04-05-2005, 04:25 PM   #26
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

JazzyE,

So happy things are going well for you too!!! I'm also spreading the word wherever I go...I think more people suffer from this allergy than we know. I talk about the symptoms, cravings, bloating, and weight problems, and people just relate to what I'm saying...especially now that I've lost weight! I'm happy to hear your depression is nil, mine too. In fact, I've just been a ball of energy and motivation lately. I'm getting things done left and right around here!!!

Old 04-05-2005, 05:10 PM   #27
    EoR
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

EoR HB User

Hi! Your encouraging posts are exciting to me. I hope it's as easy for me as it is for you. Willpower and I aren't very well aquainted, lol.

Mmmmm. That popcorn sounds yummy. Are fruits allowable on this diet? I just bought a ton of apples and berries... I guess I'll find out when I get the book. I may have to wait until the weekend, though, when I have the time. I just had the remainder of my Subway sandwich from yesterday, and the flavor of the bread is lingering on my tongue (maybe because it's stuck in my molars. ). I can't imagine not missing bread, but maybe the trade off will be great enough. I had cous cous yesterday for the first time and really liked it. Do you know if that's allowed? Also, on the potatoes, can you eat all potatoes, or only new potatoes and sweet potatoes? I love my taters. One more thing--my boyfriend's favorite dinner to make (he cooks while I'm working) is spaghetti. Would we be able to substitue some kind of veggie pasta? Sorry for all the questions. I just want to make sure this is something I'll even be able to handle before I go out and grab the book, food, etc.

You're awesome! -EoR

Old 04-05-2005, 07:19 PM   #28
    Cyndia2004

Cyndia2004 HB User
    Smile Re: Losing Weight on Yeast-free Diet!!!

Okay, this is a very good topic! Thanks so much. This evening, via the internet, I requested the book from my local county library. It should be delivered to my neighborhood library by Friday, 8 Apr 05. Tomorrow, I will be on the phone calling my healthcare facility to schedule myself for the Electro-Dermal test. I hope they will be able to do it. I've never heard of Electro-Dermal testing, but I have heard of allergy testing. Never thought of myself as having food allergies. This could be the answer to EVERYTHING!!!
    I love information! Don't you just love information??? Thanks again.
    I'll keep in touch...
    Cyndia

Old 04-05-2005, 07:38 PM   #29
    bluehen94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluehen94 HB User

Having the electro-dermal screening was the best thing I ever did!!! Keep us posted!!

Old 04-06-2005, 06:04 AM   #30
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

EoR,

In the first 3 weeks of the "cleanse" no fruit is allowed...too much sugar. Yeast is fueled by sugar and , of course, more yeast. After that, you can introduce 1 piece a day and see how you react. Fruit juices are totally out...they are loaded with yeast!

I eat any type of potatoes I want. As for spaghetti, I'd stick with a wheat pasta or rice pasta...enriched flour should be avoided, for anyone. As you know, spaghetti sauce contains vinegar, but there are plenty of other ways to eat it. I use olive oil and herbs and mix in veggies.

Aw Yes, the bread thing! I use tomato-basil wraps, large rye crackers, corn wraps...I found the greastest sesame rice crackers at the health food store...my boyfriend ate half the bag!!! Just start reading labels, and you'll be fine. It's true that you will feel so good you'll just look at bread as "poison" to your body. I never miss that constant bloating and gassiness I've always had. I remember going to a Proctologist a few years ago because I was so tired of it...they found nothing! Well now I know the answer to that one!

Cyndia,
    Congratulations on ordering your book!!! I'm glad you're getting tested and on the road to recovery! My test results showed yeast, peanuts, and bananas. I was practically eating toast and peanut butter every other day at work!!!! Never knowing why I always felt tired, fuzzy, bloated, fat, and irritable!!!

Bluehen, Your and JazzyE's testimonies have helped get my message out there. Thank you so much, and I'm so happy you're feeling much better too!

Cyndia,

Closed Thread