It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Losing Weight on Yeast-free Diet!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-17-2005, 07:42 PM   #61
    thomas3000
    Inactive
    (male)

thomas3000 HB User
    Re: Losing Weight on Yeast-free Diet!!!

I had stage II hypertension 2 mos ago, now it's normal...I'd like to see a doc answer that one...No meds, just a change in diet...HMM, I don't really know what happened, and I don't care...By the way, I actually increased my egg and salt intake(sea salt)..I'm starting to think all the things they tell us are wrong...I think what they're forgetting to tell us is that if we consume natural forms of cholesterol, sugar, and salt, we won't have problems..But I honestly think it's the refining process that ruins everything....Just a thought..

Last edited by thomas3000; 04-17-2005 at 07:47 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2005, 01:47 AM   #62
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

Thomas, my father's BP went up suddenly last year for a month or two, too. At that time he was dealing with some very stressful issues at work. It stabilized right before his doctor decided to put him on meds.

I was very much more high strung before going on this diet...always worrying, ocassional panic attacks, obsessing over and dreading past mistakes and future situations, loads of unchanneled nervous energy which would cause fits of irritability and mood swings.

I am much more calm and even-tempered now...it feels like an evil spirit has left my body since starting this diet. If my high BP level is a direct result of my "nervous state", than eventually (hopefully!) it will going down now.

And if it was attributed to being overweight and poor diet, well I've covered those bases too.

If it is not a heredity factor, than I guess it it really in my own hands to make the suggested changes in order to lower my BP...the doctor can only give me meds for now, but I plan on getting off soon!

Old 04-18-2005, 06:00 AM   #63
    thomas3000
    Inactive
    (male)

thomas3000 HB User

Wow, we have so much in common....that's how it started with me...The panic attacks struck first, then the worrying, obsessing, nervousness continued...This was 24/7...I had a full blown anxiety attack in a hotel room when the hurricanes struck near me..Thought I was going to die. It's not fully gone yet, but I noticed that my fears are leaving...I have this foggy vision or derealization that is lifting slowly also...I also thought I was possessed or something...Kinda weird..My dreams are starting to become happier and more vivid...Check out Losec20mg on here...He talks about the same things I do...I honestly believe the Standard American Diet (grains, processed food) is really poisoning our bodies...One thing my Doc told me is that doctors don't cure anything, our health is in our own hands...I believe that you and I have that same outlook...There are a lot of people suffering needlessly out there...If they just changed their lifestyle, they would get their health back...It's sad..

Old 04-18-2005, 07:58 AM   #64
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User
    Wink Re: Losing Weight on Yeast-free Diet!!!

Hi Thomas!

I did check out Losec20mg's posts on the Nutritional Disorder board...he's very inspiring and you're right, we are experiencing similar results. I posted a message to him about my situation.

Thanks and be well!!!!

Old 04-18-2005, 08:59 AM   #65
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

Great article!

Maybe a glutton intolerance IS my true source of problems and perhaps by following the yeast-free diet, I am inadvertently eliminating glutton too. I must mention that the book does not suggest the avoidance of glutton...perhaps they are still learning too??? I have really considered everything that you have said and have drastically cut down on pastas and potatoes. Can you please list other foods that contain glutton for me? Thanks Thomas!!!!

Old 04-25-2005, 07:10 PM   #66
    bluehen94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluehen94 HB User

For those on a yeast free diet, can you post a recipe for a yeast free salad dressing that is creamy?

Old 04-27-2005, 12:22 PM   #67
    queenpooch
    (female)

queenpooch HB User

Hi everyone,

I found this thread while searching for Candida symptoms. I'm only 48, and I look and feel like I'm 20 years older. I have all the symptoms of Candida overgrowth AND yeast allergies.

I am amazed at all I have read thanks to Kittylove and everyone else! I have been miserable for years with my weight problem, which many doctors have tried to treat with conventional diets and medications. Not one of them ever suggested candida overgrowth or yeast allergies or any other dietary causes of my many health problems. Instead, I was labeled as depressed, lazy, ADD, PMS, peri-menopausal, etc. etc. ad nauseum.

Fifistoosh, if you are still reading this thread, I'm wondering how you are doing?

I will start this new way of eating this weekend. In the meantime, I'm going out and buying the Yeast Free book and all the food and supplements. I can see my husband rolling his eyes now: "What kind of crazy diet are you on THIS time?!"

Hopefully, this will not be just another diet, but a new way of eating for life.

Thanks again for all the great information from Kittlylove, Thomas, etc.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:16 AM   #68
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

Hi Bluehen,

I found these 3 creamy salad dressing recipes (haven't tried them yet).

Creamy Caeser: 1 large clove of garlic, crushed
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    1/4 tsp. dry mustard
    1 whole egg
    1/2 cup olive oil
    3/4 tsp. salt
    1/8 tsp. black pepper

Blend everything with hand beater or blender until smooth.
    ________________________________________ _____________________

Cilantro-Lime Yogurt Dressing: 1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
    1 Tbls fresh, minced cilantro
    1 Tbls. minced scallions
    2 Tbls. fresh lime juice
    salt and pepper to taste

In small bowl, whisk all ingredients, chill for at least 1 hour.

________________________________________ _________________________

Creamy Cucumber garlic-dill Dressing:

1 cucumber, grated
    1 tsp salt
    1 cup plain, non-fat yogurt
    1/2 tsp garlic powder
    1 tsp dill

Put grated cucumber in small bowl and sprinkle with salt. Put in fridge for 3 hours. Drain juice and add yogurt. Mix together with garlic and dill. Serve cold.

________________________________________ _________________________

Hi QueenPooch,
    Happy that I can help!!! You're story sounds similar to mine. This "diet" has helped me to combat my weight issues as well as my emotional and physical issues. I try not to use the word diet, I simply state that I can't have ANY yeast products, period. Although in my search for a "diet" to help me lose weight, this has been the only one that has worked and I can see myself staying on it for life. I'm learning everday that there are PLENTY of foods that I truly enjoy that are allowed and satisfying. I have found numerous different yeast-free recipes on the net for free. I have also learned to speak up, ask questions, and specify exactly what I CAN and CAN"T have at restaurants. I make it crystal clear that I CANNOT have any vinegar, mushrooms, wine, or bread products. Sometimes the waitresses' look at me dumbfounded, and sometimes even after I state these things, I still get vingerettes and such. I then just keep asking for what I need and return stuff. I'm very patient because I realize this allergy and it's weight loss and health benefits isn't really out there making the covers of the rag mags. My hope it that someday soon it will and save people time and money spent on useless diet pills and fad diets.

I just got from Florida last night. While shopping down there at an organic health-food store, I picked up a copy of a free naturalistic magazine. I read about 3 different ads for what they called the " latest European trend" of pinpointing with incredible accuracy nutrional deficiencies and many health problems. It is especially successful with dieter's looking to lose weight as well as people suffering with allergies, migranes, headaches, skin eruptions, bloating, water retention, constipation, and lack of energy.

It's called a Nutrional Bio-Stress Analysis and it can quickly uncover toxity and nutrional imbalances, providing answers and dietary solutions within one hour.

The opening story is about a woman who had the test and found out she had a food intolerance to yeast. She lost 46 pounds in four months.

I believe Florida is a few years ahead of the times when it comes to the lastest breakthroughs and trends...I always see new, innovating things down there and then I start to see them up north in about 3-5 years. Maybe this is why food allergy testing has not become mainstream around here.

I also read an interesting article on the statistics of people who are suffering from food allergies/sensitivities: Dairy: 3 in 4, Fructose: 1 in 3, Yeast: 1 in 3, Gluton: 1 in 7, overall food allergy: 1 in 100. This makes me think of all the people who are suffering like I was, and how pitiful it is that their own trusted doctors aren't suggesting allergy tests.

By the way, I finally bought, AND WORE, my first bikini in over 10 years! I can see from pictures, that I still have some more weight to lose, but I must admit I LOOK DARN GOOD ON THAT BEACH!!!!!! Hopefully by June, I will be down to 120, and I can buy that yellow, string bikini that I have been putting off buying!!

I'll admit I cheated while on vacation by having a few vodka and tonic drinks, but otherwise I had no problem whatsoever sticking to yeast-free eating. Florida has an overwhelming number of healthfood stores and healthy, organic restaurants. I went to an enormous healthfood supermarket that had a hot/cold buffet and every delicious, gourmet concoction listed EVERY ingredient that went into it!!!! If that store was around here, I'd eat there everyday!!!!

This was the first vacation I've been on where I didn't return home at least 5 pounds heavier...my weight remains the same...133!!!! I'm back to following the diet in the strictest sense now, and I'm in the process of purchasing a Gazelle. My mom had one down in Florida, and I used it for 15 minutes. My calves ACHED for the next 4 days!!! I have a treadmill, but I don't feel as if I'm getting a full-body workout plus it can be boring. The Gazelle on the other hand, is envigorating and quite fun. Does anyone else own one??? What is your opinion of it??

Last edited by KittyLove; 04-29-2005 at 07:36 AM.

Old 04-28-2005, 07:37 AM   #69
    bluehen94
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

bluehen94 HB User

Thanks kittylove, I'll give these a try!

Old 04-29-2005, 06:38 AM   #70
    gingerweezie
    (female)

gingerweezie HB User

Kitty, So what's the total pounds lost so far? I don't get much time to read so I'm almost done with the book. I asked my primiary doctor about a visit to the allergist for some testing and he "didn't think it was necessary" so I think I might just go on my own and pay out of pocket. It's obvious the book was written for me. Keep posting everyone, the information is Excellent!!! Thanks!

Old 04-29-2005, 06:49 AM   #71
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

Ginger,

I was 148 on March 1st, I weigh 133 today. My primary doctor scoffed at the idea too saying it's a money making business. Fortunately, I didn't need his OK to see an allergist, but I think you should DEMAND it!! If I had trusted him and listened to his advice, I'd still be sickly, depressed, and fat. I can't wait to see him in the future and GIVE HIM some advice. I'm beginning to think that most MD's are living in the dark ages, so skeptical and against holistic and herbal cures, and now even allergists!!! No wonder no one ever suggested allergy tests. I'm even surprised that my Chiropractor/naturalist didn't.

In the meantime, yes! definitely check the book out!!!!!! Try the diet for a week and see how you feel...maybe you don't even need to go through testing. There is a self-evaluation test in the book.

Last edited by KittyLove; 04-29-2005 at 02:32 PM.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:00 AM   #72
    gingerweezie
    (female)

gingerweezie HB User

Kitty, Thanks for the encouragement! I will have to have another "talk" with him. I've done the self eval test from the book and boy was that scary! I was also interested in specific food allergies. I'm almost done with the book and I can't wait to feel better! With every post you guys reach someone else in need of answers. Keep up the good work.

Old 04-29-2005, 07:50 AM   #73
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

As the book says, people who are allergic to yeast are almost always allergic to one or more other foods or substances. Mine were: peanuts, bananas, mold, dust, dust mites, cats, and pollen. I was seeing my allergist twice a week for shots, but after they told me it would take about 3 years of shots to evenually come in only once every three weeks for the rest of my life??!!, I decided to forego the shots for now. They said MOST people stop coming in after awhile because it's tedious and slow with results. I feel fine right now, maybe I suffer from ocassional nasal drip. If it gets worse, I will resume shots. Spring is here, and so far so good. I'm taking care of the food allergies on my own.

I wish you the best in your road to recovery!!!!!!!! Keep in touch!!!

Old 05-12-2005, 09:05 AM   #74
    thomas3000
    Inactive
    (male)

thomas3000 HB User

Hello Kittylove,

Just wanted to let you know that I have tested positive for H. Pylori,and a couple of parasites...I have to start taking meds for these...My doc explained that the symptoms(fogginess and such). are caused by a yeast overgrowth..This all started cuz of gluten...I hate that stuff now, it makes me upset that people are sick from food...I lived on pasta, pizza, bread...I want to sue somebody for my suffering....I'm at the final stages of this illness, and should be good as new in a few months....I am going to cut out yeast for a few months to get rid of the brain fog while i cure these infections...My doc basically said that if we get better on certain diets, infections are certainly going to be there.....I was skeptical at first until i saw the tests on paper....I encourage everyone to be checked for infections if you have gluten/yeast problems......Have a wonderful day...

Old 05-12-2005, 04:18 PM   #75
    KittyLove
    Veteran
    (female)

KittyLove HB User

Hi Thomas!!!

Nice to hear from you! What type of doctor did you go to? Have you started a yeast-free diet yet? Don't feel overwhelmed when you do...it gets easier. I've pretty much adapted and feel very comfortable now. I think back on the way I used to eat, feel, and look and I am so thankful that I found the answer to my problems...YEAST! I look at pictures of myself and remember how crappy I felt...and looked!!!

Right now I weigh in at 130...I seemed to have hit a plateau...just can't get past this point. I've started working out on my treadmill 30 minutes a day, so maybe it's muscle weight.

Let me know how you are doing!!!!!!

Closed Thread