It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Has anyone tried body wraps to lose inches?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2005, 07:46 PM   #1
    JanetinHouston

JanetinHouston HB User
    Has anyone tried body wraps to lose inches?

Just curious if any of you have tried the herbal body wraps to lose inches? If so, do they work and for how long? And do they tone?

I am only wanting to lose about 5 lbs and have a class reunion coming up. I have plenty of time to lose the weight, but I was hoping the wraps might actually tone a little.

Thanks !

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2005, 08:44 AM   #2
    frustrated35
    Inactive
    (female)

frustrated35 HB User
    Re: Has anyone tried body wraps to lose inches?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JanetinHouston
    Just curious if any of you have tried the herbal body wraps to lose inches? If so, do they work and for how long? And do they tone?

I am only wanting to lose about 5 lbs and have a class reunion coming up. I have plenty of time to lose the weight, but I was hoping the wraps might actually tone a little.

Thanks !

JanetinHouston....are you in Houston? I'm in Houston, just curious. I tried it last year. It's suppose to work best if you have 5 treatments and it is expensive! I was curious and did buy the 5 sessions. It's weird and I thought the wraps stunk! Plus if you are just the slightest claustophobic, forget it unless you can handle it. You really feel like a mummy and you have to wear this plastic coat and pants. You will sweat! You lose tons of water weight. Each time I did lose 15-16 inches overall, but its only temporary. I did it because I was in my best friends wedding (maid of honor). She's in Dallas and did the same thing, but theirs was different. She had to actually work out while wearing the body suite! I just had to lay there and sweat. I really didn't notice a difference for long term, just short term. Yes my clothers were lose, but think of all the water weight I just lost. I wouldn't recommend it. Or maybe I just went to the wrong place. I was at a diffent place the other day and they do the same thing, but when they do their body wraps you have to shower with some type of special wash or lotion stuff for it to work. The other place did not offer that and when I asked her she said the wash/lotion stuff is what makes it work. I don't know who's right! All I know is they got my money and yes I saw results for maybe a day, but once you eat and drink water what you lost is just put right back in. I would do some research before deciding. Good luck!

Old 04-09-2005, 03:33 PM   #3
    JanetinHouston

JanetinHouston HB User

Hey frustrated,

Yeah, I sure do live in Houston. I live in West Houston and work in the Galleria area.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm gonna skip the body wrap and get a good massage before the reunion!

Old 04-09-2005, 07:12 PM   #4
    beanie_1122
    Veteran
    (female)

beanie_1122 HB User

I have tried the body wraps and lost alot of money in them! Yes they do make you lose inches, but not for long! As soon as you rehydrate yourself your goin to put the inches back on! I say don't waste your money!

Old 04-27-2005, 11:05 AM   #5
    FMY
    (female)

FMY HB User

I have been doing a lot of research on these lately and have found there are 2 different kinds. The ones that shed lots of water weight and many inches all at once for great instant results that don't last. The other ones shed the inches more slowly without all of the water weight lost, but you still lose inches, but not as many as quickly and as the first. If I had to choose I would take the slower progress that lasts, unless I had something like a reunion, or wedding where I wanted dramatic instant results, even if they don't last.

I have contacted a lot of people who have tried the second and they love the results, so I just ordered some on-line. When I get it I will let you know how it really works. On the plus side if it does not work for me the place I ordered from offers an unconditional money back guarantee and free shipping. So I won't have to pay one penny for the stuff if it doesn't work.

Old 04-27-2005, 11:21 AM   #6
    Prestige
    (female)

Prestige HB User

I know of someone who used body wraps and the next day the pounds came back, lost water from squeezing of body and then gained the pounds right bac,

Closed Thread