It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Dexatrim w/bitter orange extract

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
    pearlymae
    (female)

pearlymae HB User
    Question Dexatrim w/bitter orange extract

I have been taking this for about a week now, and it seems to supress my appetite a little. I would like to know if anyone has tried this, and if you have had good or bad results.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2005, 12:52 PM   #2
    SushiGirl
    (female)

SushiGirl HB User
    Re: Dexatrim w/bitter orange extract

When I tried dexatrim I became very dizzy, nausous, anxious, and irritable.

Diet Pills
    The sale of diet pills continue to be on the rise in North America. Many people are lead to believe that they are a safe and effective way to lose weight. Most diet pills on the market are not safe, can cause serious side effects and have resulted in death. Popular diet pills such as Acutrim and Dexatrim contain a combination of phenylpropanolamine and caffeine. Phenylpropanolamine is a stimulant and effects the central nervous system. It can produce symptoms such as increased heart rate, dizziness, high blood pressure, nausea, anxiety, irritability, insomnia, dry mouth and diarrhea. Fenfluramine (Fen-Phen) is also found in many diet pills and it is quite popular. Like all diet pills, it stimulates the central nervous system and can be addictive. Its side effects can include diarrhea, high blood pressure, dry mouth, rash, palpitations and chest pains. Most doctors that prescribe Fen-Phen ignore the manufacturers warnings about who should use these pills and how long they should be taken. People using them are usually not informed of the warnings either. The manufacturer of Fen-Phen states that it should only be used in treating obesity and when the persons weight is at a point where it is a serious threat to their health. Many doctors claim that Fen-Phen is safe and can be taken for life. The manufacturer says these pills should not be taken for more than 3 months. Taking them for any longer can put you at risk for developing Primary Pulmonary Hypertension, a rare but generally fatal lung disease. The life expectancy for someone that develops Primary Pulmonary Hypertension is less than 3 years. Ephedrine is found in many diet pills and food supplements and is probably the most dangerous. It has been linked to many deaths from heart attacks, seizures and strokes. Its side effects can include irregular and rapid heart rates, nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, chest pains, breathing problems, headaches, anxiety and cardiac arrest.

Diet pills are not an effective or healthy way to lose weight. They are very dangerous and can lead to serious medical problems and death.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:55 AM   #3
    pearlymae
    (female)

pearlymae HB User
    Re: Dexatrim w/bitter orange extract

Thank you for you reply. Everything you said is right on. I knew better than to take it before I bought it. I told myself I would only take it for a little while for a little boost. I read in one of the womens fitness mags that bitter orange is similar to ephdra and if taking properly would produce good results. Anyway I was scared to take it or I wouldn't have asked for opinions, today I am dexatrim free.

Closed Thread