It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Slim Fast Diet, anyone had success?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-30-2005, 07:45 AM   #1
    Meacoolgirly
    (female)

Meacoolgirly HB User
    Slim Fast Diet, anyone had success?

Okay I am going to try the slim fast diet as a last resort... I am currently on a healthy lower fat and low carb diet and excercising almost daily but my weight is not budging... With my new diet I am going to have a 50% less sugar Slim Fast shake for breakfast and lunch and have a healthy sensible dinner (lean protein and lots of veggies) I will plan to do this for 2 week or longer until I can loose the last 10 STUBBORN pounds and then go back to my healthy eating 5-6 meals a day. I dont think I will gain weight after going off slim fast because right now I am maintaining my current weight with my diet, just not loosing!

My questions, has anyone does this before and what were your end results?

Thanks for sharing! Its motivation to hear others experience!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2005, 09:27 AM   #2
    Mstngfan
    (female)

Mstngfan HB User
    Re: Slim Fast Diet, anyone had success?

Slim fast isnt healthy and what your body is meant to run off of. Look at them as a company and think about whether they can be trusted. They have been on the market for many many years and just now in the midst of fad diet craze time have introcuded this half the sugar series. Why? Becuase regular slim fast is PACKED full of sugar. Where was the half the sugar stuff before? Why did it have to be tasty and sweet...sweet tooth is what get most of us fat to begin with.

The stuff they sell has no intention of breaking people of the habit of bad eating and indulging...have you ever had the snack bars they sell? Compare it to a snickers bar...not that different. They are out there to make money off you, and to get you mentally hooked on their product because you think you can eat yummy stuff and still lose weight.

Do your body a favor, replace the slim fast with a salad or a chicken breast. Learn to say no to the sweet tooth and the easy way out diet and you will be so much better off in the long run!

Old 08-30-2005, 10:14 AM   #3
    netle
    Inactive
    (female)

netle HB User

The reason Slim Fast works is because you're consuming less calories. Think about it. A shake for breakfast, a shake for lunch and a sensible dinner does not equal a lot of calories. Why not just try reducing the amount of food you're currently eating?

Old 09-06-2005, 09:48 AM   #4
    Bisbee1976
    (male)

Bisbee1976 HB User

I have had success w/ slim fast.

My probllem was noot eating OFTEN enough. I was a person whobarely ate all day (noot hungry, too busy) ... Then at dinner I ate. Not really too bright. My metabolism was a a snail's pace ... so all I ate @ dinner went right into "storage" (FAT)

With the Slim Fast I drink 1/2 of one in the morning w/ my normal coffee (decaf) and the other 1/2 around 11a.m.

I split a secon one into 2 snacks in thew afternoon. I have an orange during the day too.

Dinner is sensible.

Night snack is a bowl of airpop popcorn w/o salt or butter and a diet soda.

I work out too.

The weight is comming off pretty fast ... avg about 8-10 lbs per month.

I feel a lot better too.

Slim Fast is a tool to use in your battle ... it is not the sole answer but incorporate it as it works for you.

Good luck!!

Old 09-06-2005, 02:50 PM   #5
    surrealmeal
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

surrealmeal HB User

If you want to incorporate shakes/smoothies into your diet then I recommend that you instead make them fresh yourself instead of using slimfast. Making them yourself is cheaper, tastier, and healthier for you. I always do much better with my weight loss when I have enough fruit in the house to make myself smoothies. I just finished one, in fact and it will keep me full for at least 2 hours.

Here is an example of what I do to make delicious and healthy smoothies:
    *Slice up one orange, one banana and one apple.
    *Toss them in a plastic baggie along with some canned pineapple chunks.
    *Freeze this for about an hour.
    *Blend up with soft silken tofu, a little bit of water (or soymilk), a dash of cinnamon and a splash of vanilla.

It will be sweet and creamy and pretty filling because the frozen fruit acted in place of ice, so its not so watered down.

Good luck.

Old 09-06-2005, 11:52 PM   #6
    stiLlAvirGiN
    (male)

stiLlAvirGiN HB User

Mm a homemade smoothie diet.. i could honestly liv off of 1 of them.. but i wouldnt know if that is healthy =D..

Closed Thread