It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Help.

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
W3IGHTL0SS
Inactive
(female)

W3IGHTL0SS HB User
Help.

Okay, instead of me asking about a tredmill, or about crunches and such, I thought I'd rather ask about a weight loss PLAN.

Problem: Only Vegetables I know that I like: = Pototoes, Peas, and corn. I've tried tomatoes, but didn't like them much, and I'd have to try other things to see if I like them... My boyfriend eats Brocoli and it looks delicious, but I have a good feeling that I will dislike it.

But I know there are other ways to lose weight, than eating plain vegetables anyways... I love fruits... but some people have said there are certain ones that won't help for weightloss. My cousin once did something with grapefruit in her diet, but I don't want to do that. Grapefruit = Yuck.

I drink plenty of glasses of water a day... sometimes I'll have a bottle too. I love ice water. I'd like to start running on my boyfriend's tredmill, and doing crunches, but what else will help? I need something easier, considering that I'm only 15 ( almost )... And I know people that do it easily, and fast. I want that. I've told everyone here, I only weighed about 110 last time I checked, but when I looked at my stomach today, I got pretty angry. It just seems to be getting bigger, and I don't want to risk it. Someone actually help me. Don't complain, like you usually do. I need someone, kind, and nice enough to help out, and give me something easier, that won't take too long, like others do. Believe me, I know people that've done it fast and pretty easy. I just need notifyed... thanks.

P.S. Lots of SMART replies please, from SMART people?...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #2
Luxuria
Inactive
(female)

Luxuria HB User
Re: Help.

110 is not that heavy. It's good that you want to have a healthy lifestyle though!

The best thing you can do is eat smart and exercise. Cardio (treadmill) and weight training. Start out with 30mns of cardio and 30mns of weights if you can.

Try to stick to a 1500 calorie intake a day to maintain your weight. Stay away from the sugary junk foods and high calorie junk. Really the best is fruits and veggies (I dont like tomatos either) carrots, celery, cucumber, mushrooms are all great. Salads are awesome! Maybe try making yourself a salad with grilled chicken or salmon? Instead of smothering your salad with dressing have some on the side and just dip your fork in the dressing before spearing some salad. That way you will have the flavour but not as many calories.

Really though, 110lbs is not fat. Really.

Old 09-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
W3IGHTL0SS
Inactive
(female)

W3IGHTL0SS HB User

Hi Luxuria. Thank you for the reply. I know that I am not fat, but yes, I just want to live healthy, and just cut a few inches or lbs. down on my stomach. Just very few.

So you're saying that the tredmill will help out? I thought so. That's really good. I'm thinking that while running on it, perhaps I can have his television on to watch. It will keep me in the mood to want to run more. I won't get bored, and get off so quickly.

You mentioned salads. What about salads with peices of steak in it? It looks delicious... but I don't remember liking lettuce and all.

The way I tried tomatoes and lettuce and all, was from a sub, from subway. It was okay, at first, but then the tomatoes and all were too much, or maybe it was just that the sub was too big for me...

I'm going to ask him about running on his tredmill, and hopefully I'll be able to. He mentioned the other day how I never run, or I can't. I told him that I could... but when I used to run, I ran SO fast, and now I run for less than a minute and start panting. Someone give me advice on how to help that too. I'm going to do the tredmill thing, and he has a little gym-weightset in his room as well... would that do anything? There's something for your legs that I enjoy doing. Kinda burns my legs, but it's something I somehow enjoy doing. I need to figure it all quick. I've been wanting this for so long and all. I can't stand the fact that I can't run without running out of breath.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:30 PM   #4
Luxuria
Inactive
(female)

Luxuria HB User

The treadmill is great, especially if you have a tv to watch. It takes your mind off the time you have been exercisng. That's what I do!

Salads with steak are good too. I prefer chicken, but any lean grilled meat is good.

Start out on the treadmill at a speed where you can walk/run for 15 to 20 minutes without getting out of breath. Every day add an extra minute or go up one speed point so your body doesn't get used too used to the routine (plateau)

The weights would be a good idea too. Building muscle tone helps out a lot.

Just take it one day at a time and soon you'll be able to run without getting winded no problem.

Best of luck to you! Post again if you need any more help.

Closed Thread