It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Diet Plan

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2005, 11:12 AM   #1
hs1977
(female)

hs1977 HB User
Diet Plan

Hi, I have my reunion in 5 weeks and have decided to shape up for it. I want to tone/firm and loose about 6lbs (Female 28yrs old 5'5) I'm a picky eater so my habits aren't that great. I'm not a vegetarian but don't usually eat meat my diet so far has been pretty bad in the sense that I eat most of my food at night and it usually consists of lean cuisine or cheese and crackers I was wondering if there were any comments on this:

BF protein shake with milk or water
snack cup of soup
lunch salad
dinner salad or veggies with grilled chk breast or salmon
snack - this is where I have problems I don't eat fruit so usually for a snack I reach for microwave popcorn or cheese and crackers which are bad...I thought about grilling veggies for a snack?
Also I'm going to try and cut down on the diet pop I drink because I"ve heard conflicting reports about that and I already drink water at work and skim milk at least once a day.
I really want to do this and I'm the kind of person that can eat the same thing every day and it dosn't bother me (I already do it) so if I get one good menu I can continue with it.
Any suggestions

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #2
StenoLady1
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Diet Plan

Hi, HS

Most crackers have trans fatty acids (t-fat), which is really, really bad. Have you thought of pita squares? Roasted garlic is a dieter's dream. Smear a little on a pita instead of cheese and crackers. Have you ever tried hummus? It's pretty boring plain, IMO, but add some hot sauce to it or roasted garlic pulp, and it's to die for. That's great on a pita, too.

I, too, am a very picky eater...at least I thought I was. Did you know your taste buds change every ten years?

Picking up a piece of raw fruit might not be too appealing, but try something new with it. How about baked pears with cinnamon? Instead of popcorn, how about homeade corn bread with cut up jalepenos in it? You can also add fruits and veggies to a bread you make (most of the time, you can't even tell they're in there).

I got really tired of lettuce in a salad. I tried something new with it that's great. Take a handful of a nice lettuce, i.e., boston bib or frisee, clean and dry it and put it in a bowl. Toss it with about a quarter teaspoon of olive oil or melted butter (just barely enough to wet it), add salt, pepper and whatever spices you like. Put that lettuce on your dinner plate and put your hot grilled chicken, fish or lean steak directly on top of it. It will lightly wilt the lettuce and warm it up. Eat a bite of it with your chicken or fish. Frickin' out of this world and it changes things up a bit!

That's all I'm saying. I think you need to get a little creative so that you're eating a more well-balanced diet. I realized if I was going to successfully lose weight and keep it off, I needed to try new things and get out of my rut of eating the same thing over and over. There is an awful big world out there full of wonderful healthy foods. Come on in -- the water's great!

Warmest Regards & Best of Luck to You
Lysne

Closed Thread