It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

Lost all the weight but now depressed

Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2005, 11:34 AM   #1
SOUTHERN DIVA

SOUTHERN DIVA HB User
Lost all the weight but now depressed

In the past year I have completed my "extreme makeover". I lost 40 lbs then had breast augmentation (think Pam Anderson,wink!) got cosmetic surgery around eyes,it took off ten years! I also bleached my teeth. I often get told I look like Pam Anderson or "Barbie". I did not set out to look like anyone in particular, I did it to feel better about myself after a very rough depressing year. I have a 20 yr old son and people often mistake us as a couple when we are together,much to his dismay!!!LOL! Anyway, I have always suffered from very low self esteem due to being the fat,ugly kid growing up that everyone made fun of. Now,no matter how much people tell me i look great I don't beleive it because of what happens to me around other women. This past weekend I was at the local small (hick) town mall and sevearl women would say rude things about me to there friends and they would laugh and make fun of me. It was in complete earshot of me. Oddly enough,if you could have seen these women i should have been making fun of them but that is not my style. I am not making this up,this kind of stuff happens everytime I leve the house. My husband and my best friend who majored in psych try to tell me that these women only do this because they are jealous of anyone who "outshines" them and and it makes them feel temporarily better about themselves to put me down. Either way,it is really depressing me to the point I never want to leave the house again. Why are women so cruel? What would you do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
StenoLady1
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Lost all the weight but now depressed

Hi, Diva

The "small hick town" got my attention. I live in one, too, but I'm a transplant from a big city. I totally agree about how sometimes women can be rude in smaller towns when you're not part of the click.

My first suggestion would be to talk to your doc (not the dentist) who performed your procedures. It wouldn't surprise me at all to find out if others feel the same as you after being, um, totally beautified

Maybe he/she can offer some tips or refer you to someone to speak with. Did your friend major in psychiatry or psychology? She may be able to offer some advice, as well. Sometimes a stranger can be better, tho, to talk to.

If I were in your shoes, I'd find something totally new to do, kind of to go along with my new body, teeth, face & boobs. Gourmet cooking classes to help keep that gorgeous new figure, learn how to play an instrument, embroidery classes, get hooked up with your local democrat/republican headquarters (or whoever you're into), volunteer at a hospital or nursing home...whatever piques your interest. Just get out there, do something new that you've always had an interest in and hopefully meet some new cool people.

I certainly wish you the best of luck

Lysne

Old 09-28-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
anitak1982
Veteran
(female)

anitak1982 HB User

If your happy with the way you look then I would not worry about rude
people. They are the ones with the problem not you. They are jealous I
am sure of it.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:58 AM   #4
W3IGHTL0SS
Inactive
(female)

W3IGHTL0SS HB User

Personally, I could care less what others think and say about me. Ignore them. You're husband and best friend are absolutely correct. The women are jealous of you. I think it's good that you look younger now, and have nice teeth and all. Be proud of what you are. Don't let others ruin you and your opinions.

Hope this helped.
P.S. It hasn't let me post for like a week!...

Old 10-09-2005, 02:26 AM   #5
alsaser
(female)

alsaser HB User

Those women have low self-esteem and are so rude! What are they still in jr high? They obviously see you and feel bad about themselves. Just strut your stuff and keep your head up. You worked hard to look great, dont let mean people take that away from you! The problem is theirs, dont let it become yours!

Old 10-09-2005, 02:37 AM   #6
alsaser
(female)

alsaser HB User

another thing...I too get mean looks from women, i'm not beautiful, but i do have a great figure, i workout faithfuly and am very thin and toned. sometimes when women with, not so great figures, see me, they look me up and down and give me a dirty look. I dont take it to heart, i work hard to look good and if they want to be mad at me for that, that's their problem, I might even walk past em a couple more times deliberatly so they can see I look good from the front and back! heehee. I'm not trying to be mean or stuck-up, but if someone wants to glare at me, look at me in disgust, or roll their eyes at me, I'll flash them a big smile and keep walking with my head up. Dont let others low self-esteem tear you down.

Old 10-09-2005, 08:27 AM   #7
justanothagirl
Senior Veteran
(female)

justanothagirl HB User

women just hate women who look better than them, look at it as a compliment. dont waste any time on them, hang out with other beautiful women or confident women who don't feel intimidated

Last edited by justanothagirl; 10-09-2005 at 08:31 AM.

Closed Thread