It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Weight Loss Message Board

• Anyone taking apple cider vinegar to lose weight?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2005, 06:19 PM   #1
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User
    Anyone taking apple cider vinegar to lose weight?

Hi. New here, usually on the menopause board where i am cryng and venting. It's hard. Anyways, I have gained weight over the year and half and i want to lose it and read some old articles on the healthboard related to apple cider vinegar and weight loss. Anyone here using it and the results please?

Andrea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
    giddyup715
    (female)

giddyup715 HB User
    Re: Anyone taking apple cider vinegar to lose weight?

It's a waste of money (although cider vinegar pills are cheap enough). All it did for me was bind me up with uncontrollable stomach cramps. And I'll never take them again. I'm menopausal too. I lost 63 pounds doing the low carb thing and had a lot more energy too. Low carb is not so bad. Type low carb recipes in your google search engine and you'll get lots of ideas. If you do decide to make a major change in your weight, this is what helped me. I set a date to start, then the day before I went to my favorite restaurant and ordered my favorite meal.I studied a lot on low carb on the net. And then I followed low-carb and didn't weigh myself every week like most do. I didn't want to see the scales with the ups and downs. I went to the doc's 6 months later and was down 63 pounds. Then I decided to ease up, ate more carbs and still continued to lose weight. Carb blockers helped but only on starches (not sugars) on special occasions (don't rely on them 3 meals a day) and taking chromium piccolinate helped too. And the carb lover's vitamins were a great help towards the end. For some reason, it was easier to lose the weight going thru menopausal symptoms then when I was 20 years old. Good luck to you. Just set some goals for yourself and follow thru with it. my biggest help?
    Staying off that darn scale, cause if I didn't lose (bad week) that scale made me go off the diet. Get rid of the weight, and get rid of the majority of menopausal symptons. Do it for you. You are entering a new time of your life.

Old 10-15-2005, 12:38 AM   #3
    queenbluebee
    (female)

queenbluebee HB User

My grandmother would drink 2 tspn of apple cider vinegar when her blood pressure was high. At the suggestion of the doctor.

Also, my gyno adviced drinking 3 tsp of apple cider vinegar with 6-8 oz of water before and during her period helps with bloating or rather works as a diaretic.

Old 10-16-2005, 10:26 AM   #4
    ainfante
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ainfante HB Userainfante HB Userainfante HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by giddyup715
    It's a waste of money (although cider vinegar pills are cheap enough). All it did for me was bind me up with uncontrollable stomach cramps. And I'll never take them again. I'm menopausal too. I lost 63 pounds doing the low carb thing and had a lot more energy too. Low carb is not so bad. Type low carb recipes in your google search engine and you'll get lots of ideas. If you do decide to make a major change in your weight, this is what helped me. I set a date to start, then the day before I went to my favorite restaurant and ordered my favorite meal.I studied a lot on low carb on the net. And then I followed low-carb and didn't weigh myself every week like most do. I didn't want to see the scales with the ups and downs. I went to the doc's 6 months later and was down 63 pounds. Then I decided to ease up, ate more carbs and still continued to lose weight. Carb blockers helped but only on starches (not sugars) on special occasions (don't rely on them 3 meals a day) and taking chromium piccolinate helped too. And the carb lover's vitamins were a great help towards the end. For some reason, it was easier to lose the weight going thru menopausal symptoms then when I was 20 years old. Good luck to you. Just set some goals for yourself and follow thru with it. my biggest help?
    Staying off that darn scale, cause if I didn't lose (bad week) that scale made me go off the diet. Get rid of the weight, and get rid of the majority of menopausal symptons. Do it for you. You are entering a new time of your life.
    Hey thanks for the great advice! What are Carb blockers? Also you said you took Chromium piccolinate. What the heck is that? I have alot to learn here. I am not tremendously overweight, but enough. And can I take the Carb blockers with cholesterol medicine and anti-depressant? Same for Chromium, can u take that with meds? I would like to know more about this and where you bought them. Also, the carb lover vitamins, where did you get them? I know I am a big carb lover, one of my greatest problems, the thing is, i could eat them and never gain a pound till I begun the change of life.

Andrea

Old 10-16-2005, 05:53 PM   #5
    Dales
    (male)

Dales HB User

Hey- I was once taking apple cider vinigar pills...It did not work for me...It only works for some people I no the people it has worked for it has worked good...but if it ever hurts to urinate quit taking it!

Closed Thread